WIP - The Search for Dr Livingstone (now with save system)

@Schliemannsghost
Firstly, don’t apologise for being pedantic - it’s great! The more pedantic feedback the better. :grinning: You make some really good points - thanks so much for taking the time to read and give such detailed feedback!

Re: conversations - I get what you mean, I plan to have the opportunity for the MC to have convos with two characters of their choice in the very next section (which will depend on the friendship points the player has built with the characters, which will be one of the driving factors of the game). But yeah, maybe I can make it more clear in these scenes by not giving an opportunity for it - I’ll look at revising this. The idea is that I want players to chose between two characters views constantly throughout the first part of the game, which should be difficult choices. Afterwards, in camp, they can then interact with these characters and get to know them better. Should be clear with the next update.

For the custom look, this was a theme in dashingdon - I liked it to and think it fit the story well so glad you liked it! The functionality to choose more than one option at once I first saw in 🌈 Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED May 7 — Public Beta Test Open!] game. More here How do I put multiple choices on one page?

I’ll look into the go back option - this is a good point. Honestly I thought I had this already. :neutral_face:

Save system might be coming with the next update, but as I understand it, if you have a save system you can’t add any variables to your startup file without it breaking? I’ve seen how saving works in your game - I really like the system you’ve implemented. Once we enter the interior of Africa with all its dangers, I definitely want to give the player a second chance.

You are absoutely right here! Thanks for pointing it out!

I am using this and this passage must have slipped through as I went back correcting, will edit this weekend! If you see any more let me know. Are you sure the book set the Dr as female and changed to she? They are all standard ‘male’ and Dr could be used for both genders, I must have forgotten a pronoun there as well, it is the same section. I will look into it as well as the rest of the grammar, thanks for that.

I’m really glad to hear you liked the first-first narrative and the journal format. I know what you mean about the slow build, but I don’t really see it as setting stats, but rather part of the journey. I agree this might not be for everyone and I am ok with that, I wanted to do something quite different from other IF novels, so I hope others like it too!

@CC_Hill Thanks for your support - looking forward to your comments too!

2 Likes