[WiP] Lords of Aswick: Voice of God (and some news)

gender-locked-female
low-fantasy

I think am just going to wait for the next one in the series i can’t really get into a story when its gender-locked-to female but still good luck with the story.

This is indeed a happy announcement, as I’ve spent the last 6 hours playing Lords of Aswick :wink:

Is there any progress related? It’s been almost a year, no?

I assume you didn’t mean to sound as sexist as you just did.

@Ivan - Welcome to the community - it is against the forum rules and etiquette to ask about progress in WiP threads. Many of the developers/authors don’t have a schedule and write as they are able.

Most authors are kind enough to post updates when anything is updated.

This is also a gentle reminder to please keep conversations directed at the topic at hand and not at the individuals themselves.

Focusing replies on the individuals themselves instead of the topic at hand can lead to friction between members and often causes the thread to derail.

Finally, if you see disrespectful posts please do not reply to them. Rather please use the report feature and let forum staff de-escalate friction.

Thanks for becoming a member here and for following the rules.

Hey there!

Lol. Whoops, sorry. A little over-eager, I guess!

And sure, understood. Thanks for lettting me know!

I got notification and i though it was a new update lol

I don’t want to get into anything but what he said wasn’t exactly sexist. Poorly phrased and a rude towards the Autor undoubtedly, but I wouldn’t go down that path. But yeah, as far as Teo is concerned, not cool at all !

You’re probably correct.

Thanks for your input!

I think that’s a slightly unfair view.

How about this one:

The writer created the first game to cater towards men and women who wanted to play as a man.

Shouldn’t females and those who want to play as females have the same privileges?

How would you like it it a female member of the forum said something like, ‘Ugh! Why are all of these games having male characters as Canon??’ I’m not sure you’d appreciate that.

So before saying something that people may find offensive, try to see all sides, please. Not trying to start anything, I just don’t agree with you and I wanted you to know why.

Let’s keep this thread on topic (the game) everyone, thank you.

I will be honest…I didn’t enjoy the story at all. I am not a fan of being a nun. If a God really want to beat you into faith then my reaction would be “I am going to destroy this cult. This is no way a God’s path.”

Bro you do not understand the mortification that is part of a lot of religions it’s just not in Christianity you see in Buddhism Hinduism it’s a way of stripping away pride and cutting off the temporal in the physical world.

nun

You mean Sister of Battle, right?

The humbling really is an uncomfortable chapter to read isn’t it ?

@Goshman I have some questions about the world of Lords of Aswick.

How old was Stefan when he came into the MC’s care in First of his Blood? Based on the text in the game (he became the MC’s page for a few months before becoming a squire) I’d put his age at around 12-13 at this time. Which would puts his age at the outbreak of the civil war in 1265 at around 18.

What were the age’s of all the claimants to the throne at the start of the civil war?

Why did it take so long for Stefan to have an heir? By the time his heir is born 1290, Stefan has been on the throne for around 23 years ( he was crowned in 1267 ). I surprised there wasn’t more discontent from the nobility at his lack of an heir as the years when on. Surely Stefan knew he needed an heir as soon as possible, given that the civil war broke out in the first place due to there being no clear heir to the throne.

One of the reasons I could see it taking so long, is that his bride was too young to consummate the marriage when they married in either late 1268 or early 1269. Even with a young bride Stefan could of started trying for an heir in 1270’s at the earliest or in 1280’s at the latest. Also it doesn’t look too good for the Queen to go 20 years without a child or a pregnancy. Even going a few years without a child is enough to start rumors that the Queen is infertile or is barren. Given the political situation in Norwall and abroad after the civil war having an heir can help the stabilize the new kings rule and the realm as a whole.

Who was Stefan’s heir/heir’s apparent from start of his reign to the birth of his heir? I wouldn’t be surprised if his heir apparent changed a few times over the years.

How is exactly is Stefan’s Queen related to the Varian Emperor? In the game it say’s she’s a close cousin of the Emperor. Can you tale us more about her?

When Stefen took the throne did he take his father’s (King Richard’s) house as his own, thus continuing the House of Gauwis or did he start his own house because he was born a bastard? Another option is for him to start his own House and hyphenate it by adding Gauwis to the end, to show he that descends from the original founding dynasty of Norwall.

Is there a reason why the MC can’t invest funds to improve the viscountcy of Dumas? I understand the MC isn’t the lord of those lands, but he is the Protector and guardian of it’s heir. At the very least MC could appoint a trusted and capable steward to watch over the land in till his son and heir is of age. @Goshman you said that past viscount’s identified the viscountcy’s as possibly a rich ground for wine, but couldn’t start investing in cultivation do to lack of funds. Can the MC or their heir’s start this project?

@Goshman Can we have list of the most important, influential or interesting family’s or persons in Norwall?

Also I like to know more about what going on in the world in the games as time goes on. We get some info in the first game. We get a lot infomation about Norwall, of course but we don’t get a lot information the world outside it borders even after the civil war ends.

I would like to know how the world has changed in the 100 years since the first game. Maybe do state of the world in the glossary of the games and have it update as major events happen? Having a map of world give us a better understanding the world and the nations in it. It will also give as an idea why some of characters take the actions they do.

What are the reactions from the rest of the world when Norwall’s civil war starts and ends? I guessing there reactions change depending on who won the civil war.

I hope we will be able to return to the world of Aswick soon.

Looking forward to this good luck.