WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

I think I might have something, testing it now. (I have no idea what multireplace, will look into it later).

EDIT: It worked! I can now have a choice at the start for people to enable the flirty marker or not.

16 Likes

I think same @Laguz multi-replace is most practical Another way is just to make a variable similar to the one you have for achievement hidden.

1 Like

Hmmm still like mine more, less actual typing.

*create ro ā€œā€
then later a *set ro ā€œ(flirt)ā€ if you pick th show flirt hint option (or whatever word I end up using).
Then I just need to add ${ro} at the end of choices where it should pop up.

13 Likes

That probably will be less elegant and more practical so go for it. After all code is not made to be pretty

Seems pretty elegant to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

All Malin has to do is place a small target on the line that needs the update, and the code for the choices themselves need never be doubled with a 0-1 switch in the beginning that chooses one version of the fully coded story with the hints, or the other that lacks them.

The switch will simply be used to activate, or ignore the targets.

5 Likes

Malinā€™s code is simple.

Because I am a believer in the ā€œKeep it simpleā€ school of coding, I am very happy it turned out to be this way.

Simplicity is elegant at its best.

12 Likes

Often true! but we donā€™t really know her real last name, yet.
Ximena is a first name, and this story is set in a futuristic world - so who knows really? Plus, I also know of a totally English woman (author of The Wayhaven Chronicles) named Mishka [Russian name]ā€¦ Ximena coulda just been a name the parents liked for some personal reason.

3 Likes

Or maybe is not the name was given to her at born. There are so many things we donā€™t know. Maybe she was assigned as another gender at born Or Maybe she decided to call herself Jimena because she hated her real name

2 Likes

Yeah. You think I was born Tea? I named myself after the drink!

1 Like

Well My real name is Tamara but well is easy to know how from Tamara becomes Mara I hated Tamy or Tama because I am NOT a Tamagotchi
So I suppose Ximena has suffered changes and maybe her name is one of those

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

itā€™s against the forum rules to ask the writer such a thing. Because it pressure them. They have lives too, and life get in the way of thing often .

it will come out, when it does .

6 Likes

I imagine it is also hard for them to know. I mean obviously they know when they have finished it and turned it in. But from there it can still take some time to get it out to the store.

Although if we all go to their Kofi page and buy them a bunch of tea maybe they will get done faster since they will be up all night peeing! Iā€™m obviously an evil genius!

8 Likes

This is a gentle reminder, if you see posts that break forum rules, please do not reply to them. Rather, please use the report feature and let forum staff deescalate friction.

10 Likes

Working on the next update which looks like it might take the demo into adult territoryā€¦

So I will suggest to everyone that still wants to check it out to get the adult roles, because things might happenā€¦

74 Likes

Cant waitšŸ˜¶

Oh my!
I am excited for that new update since it holds the possibility for two to three thingsā€¦

first is we get the tattoo off with the scene beingā€¦extremeā€¦two goes along with that but the Mc has a emotional moment and goes to have wooopy with some romance options while the third is during the procedureā€¦someone walks inā€¦

(Off topic but where do I get that role?)

1 Like

Info here I think:

8 Likes

Very much thankful)

And that ends my off topic question and I await patiently for the god juices take that as you will

To Join the Adult group, you can click on the following link:

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/groups

@malinryden - you may want to embed the link in the first post for easy access and reference for future inquiries.

9 Likes