(WIP) Corruptant [172k words, New Update: April 11th, 2024]

Same here :upside_down_face: I was like nooooooo when reaching the play again screen :smiling_face_with_tear:.

2 Likes

now i want to kill and torture everybody my blood boils lol

3 Likes

Okay that breakoff was necessary I know…and totally captures my attention good job there. I found the story good and capturing then again I like nitty gritty stories like this then unicorns and sunshine. I look forward to more

1 Like

Loved the first part so far. Very well done.

1 Like

A new favorite. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This was amazing! Cannot wait for more!

2 Likes

@big_pickle was playing through a few times and a thought has kinda formed for a few possible choices that might be added if you were inclined.

The general gist of the chocies is where the MC simply stares at people in lew of speaking not all of the time mind you but in certain instances. Case in point when in the roo. With evrix person lol i know its not exact spelling but the instance being when we catch them sleeping. Instead of waking them up or trying for revenge option we could stare at them until they wake up. Something along those lines but was just a thought something for MCs who are not inclined to talk more than they must.

12 Likes

After reading the entire story of again 2 get a full grasp of my situation. I think I’m not going to be mad at Sam or any other regular guy. What I would be pissed off at my commanding officer is technically my Adopted mother for letting their child pretty much become a living tool. Because pretty much that is what our blood is a tool. And they’re using us a weapon to get a greater enemy finished And I think if OC does finish the trial. I don’t think you get that of this Scott free. Either he’s going to get executed. Or he’s gonna go back into the pit. I just have this dark feeling. And I don’t like it. But I love reading it. This story to get my feelings into it, inspiration.

6 Likes

That’s actually not a bad idea. I’ll see if it makes sense to add some of those options. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I second this, I mean I like to play as MC who doesn’t really like to speak.

9 Likes

A really amazing and promising story you have here. I read it several times now with different personalities for the MC and I have to say I’m really impressed how you managed to create so many different reactions and personalities. I can’t wait to see how things will develop from here on and I wish you best of luck.

Though, I wanted to ask if we will be able to ask Morganna what happens to the MC once all the problems are resolved. As @Takashi_Shin already said, I really don’t think that they will leave the MC in peace once they finished their mission.

5 Likes

I second that part, as Morganna indicated the blood of the MC is most like far to valuable to let the MC in peace

5 Likes

Yeah, came to same conclusion. Moment Morgana mentioned how valuable the MCs blood is, it kinda sparked the same thought. Not to mention there is that control rune to help capturing MC and all.

8 Likes

Agreed. Once Morganna mentioned how important the blood of the MC was for them I also thought that, once the MC finished their mission, they will probably throw them right back into their little cell. Afterall, she already said that she didn’t release the MC out of the goodness of her heart or because she finally felt sorry for them. And as you already said, there is still the whole thing with the control rune.

8 Likes

capturing won’t even be necessary, since the rune serves to control the MC Morganna, only needs to order them to return to their cell and done

that alone makes the entire situation just more sinister

just imagine the MC “freely” walking back into the cell

3 Likes

If control effect has unlimited range, then yes escape is impossible, but if distance is limited to nearby area or sight range, then merking the girl, while she sleeps, and hauling ass to somewhere far away would work.

1 Like

it all depends on how it exactly works, who knows if it has some failsafes
or given its demonic nature it may have some drawbacks on all bearers, in this case mc, the second royal child and lady blackguard, as she alread admited it was a binding to 2 “masters”

3 Likes

I see a lot of people in the thread sharing how they are approaching forgiveness/anger for their MC, and I just wanted to share my thoughts too. The way I have started my MC is like as someone who has been so tortured and broken that the anger and indignation and, well, the life has been burnt out of them. So now he’s just quietly and obediently getting shuffled along, and maybe some people see that as having forgiven the Blackguards, but he absolutely hasn’t-- he’s just too broken to be mad or resist either. I love contrasting that with playing my flashback MC as this wild and spirited little kid, and I hope when we get to interact with Sam that they’re absolutely horrified at the contrast and the shell MC has become.

13 Likes

great minds seem to think alike, that was exactly my approach, complete and utter numbness

4 Likes

And i’m exact opposite. In my case, MC just hates everyone, no specific reason anymore, just hate. Or at least i will play it that way.

3 Likes