Which WIP would you bring back from the dead?

Elementals by @AJ_ and Journey of the Vanguard by @PhoenixAgent003 …those two games I think I never will get over…

8 Likes

The worst thing is that the last scene was when we finally got introduced to a pair of cute guys… :cry:

4 Likes

Now you’re making me remember, though I think the rebel guy was cuter, but also horribly, tragically straight, the same cruel fate you suffered in the other game. :cry:

1 Like

Son of Satan. I shouldn’t have gone on the tumblr, it just fueled my obsession. :pensive: At least there are some asks answered from this month.
Nameless

3 Likes

There was this crazy one where you were adopted into a family of supernatural hunters, and moved in with your brother and his assistant and got a werewolf dog and an angel following you around- it felt so Quizilla, but good Quizilla, and I miss it. :sweat:

6 Likes

Oh and I nearly forgot about [RATiO: The Seraphica] (RATiO: The Seraphica -- LAST UPDATED: 6/22/18 (WIP)) by @FoxalypticWorld. So many good WIPs that died around last year…

With it being unfinished you can now imagine forever that he just wasn’t out yet…

4 Likes

Agh, just re-read the last couple of posts there and I think that “bomb-boy” was even cuter still, though that would have forced us into that academy to get really close to him. Ah well.

Maybe it will come back some day. You know, like the author of Vendetta is still working on it behind the scenes, away from our prying public eyes.

3 Likes

A Hag Called Fate I really liked that one

3 Likes

The Myrmidon by @Moreau , 'cause, gosh, that was just my all-time favorite WiP. Hands down. (And one of the ones that finally convinced me that I should suck it up and try and actually talk on the forums instead of just dance around from subject to subject quietly in awe of people’s talent, and shying away from ever participating in any of the discussions myself).

But, yeah, amazing writing, fantastic plot, great characters, marvelous worldbuilding, (not to mention glorious drama)… and the last post was on September of 2016.

And none of this is even mentioning the copious amount of puns in the thread itself… So. Many. Puns.

It was beautiful.

17 Likes

Yes, that and Vendetta are the ones I miss most, though there were just too many great wip’s that, sadly never got finished.:cry:

6 Likes

Vendetta said he was still working on it behind the scenes, so I still have hopes for that one. Moreau still makes sporadic appearances as well, so maybe not all hope for the Myrmidon is yet lost. Those two are my absolute favourites of the wip’s that are currently on a (public) hiatus.

7 Likes

Someone knocked on the glass of my cryo-chamber and has temporarily awoken me from my fugue state.

See? It was all worth it in the end…

Oh you

Hehe… Oops?

Not dead yet! Not dead yet! Just… sleeping. Very quietly. Motionlessly. Several feet under the ground…

28 Likes

Come now, surely you mean Sleeping with the fishes… :rofl:

17 Likes

(Sorry, when I read that I had to :laughing:)

6 Likes

S’fine, the Norwegian Blue prefers kippin’ on it’s back! Remarkable bird, id’nit, squire? Lovely plumage!

7 Likes

In a lovely wooden bed, that just so happens to be shaped in a lovely rectangular box-shape… comes with a wooden cover over it as well, too! Right? :wink:

5 Likes

Well if I wasn’t thinking @Moreau was a vampire I’m thinking it now :joy::thinking:

2 Likes

Ahem… quite sure I don’t know what you’re talking about…

4 Likes

Oh, great, between this and my ever-present theory that you’re secretly trying to take over the world and rule all humanity, @Moreau, now I have even more things to fear for.

And to think! I almost let that theory die. But now there’s vampirism as well? I really can’t let my guard down, can I…?

On topic on dead WiPs, and joking paranoia aside, however, I realized that there’s quite a few more that haven’t been touched in a while that I absolutely adored as well. The four that immediately popped to my mind were, however,

Nest of Snakes by @OrigamiPencil seemed like it had amazing potential, it had a very, very intriguing beginning and I loved the writing-style as well.

The Masked Mirror by @RGH similarly had an interesting premise, and in general I’m usually just a sucker for those sorta fantasy stories.

Don’t Wake Me Up by @Baudelaire_Welch had a really nice sense of humor about it. (Also an intriguing premise but that goes for all the ones I’m listening here so if I keep stating that then I’ll start to sound like a Norwegian Blue.)

For Peace We Die by @TwoSharp was just fantastically written and had a really interesting world to explore.

And, finally, The Chaos State by @Nathan_Faxon was really cool. It was kinda urban fantasy. I love urban fantasy.

12 Likes

A WIP I really enjoyed was Lord Of Dust by @Imon.
Loved the lore and how the world was built.
Unfortunately, it’s been on hiatus (or at least I like to believe so) due to some complications. The author still lurks around though, but hasn’t posted in a while. The link, unfortunately, is dead.

Edit: Here is a super early link that still works.

5 Likes