Which CoG/HG/HC game would you most like to see as a film or tv series? (and vice versa)

Lol! Yeah that’s the movie :joy:

Choice of Robots 100%!! Especially if they could make it like pre-season 5 Black Mirror

2 Likes

War of the West
Meta-Human
Breach: Archangel Job
Infinity Trilogy
Wayhaven Chronicles

*to be honest there were a lot of good titles under COG and HG…

3 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of Weyrwood but for some reason I really love the idea of it as a TV show. I think that could work very well with the story’s premise. :thinking:

I think The Eagle’s Heir would also be a good choice, it’s just so dramatic, with the coreographed fights, the intrigue, the romance and the high-stakes life or death moments…

Related question: which CoG/HG would be awesome as musicals? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Hollywood Visionary. We could have a song for the movie pitch at the very beginning, and then make a grand reprise when you have to win over a high-profile investor. And a quick-paced trio over your romantic flip-flopping between The Actor and The Grip, or a motivational, follow-your-dreams song set to a soft ballad or a lullaby for when you comfort your niece. And there’d be a big dance number in there somewhere. :joy:

Oh, and since the Affairs of the Court series is based on Anne Boleyn’s life, the musical for that one could be a modern-style adaptation, à la Six. :grin:

9 Likes

High Lands, Deep Waters would make a good Lovecraftian horror movie, and the protagonist is a Private Investigator.

4 Likes

Choice of the robots anyone? With the one and only Peter Cullen voicing the robot!!! That the MC makes!

Has for the MC, I’m going RDJ, because of the MCU.

Make me change my mind, I dare YOU!

For the WIP: the pasinger ( yes it’s spelt wrong) but it’ll be so cool and serspenful, basically a supernatural thriller, with a supernatural mc, and help me figure out voice actors for the abominations when in there true form, for the hunter or the MC I’m going ether Frank Waker or Greg Beger. Who can sound really, really awesome.

Has a transformers fan I know that the voice actors I mentioned can be top notch!

4 Likes

Thank you, that’s too kind.
But Cornucopia is already full of crossovers :wink:

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion: none :sweat_smile:

You see, CHOICES are what makes these games great - same goes for visual novels (well, the non-kinetic ones, obviously). I want to choose the romance, choose the ending… TV or manga adaptations of visual novels are ABYSMAL. I mean, you had that wonderful game with a lot of different paths and romances, and suddenly you’re forced onto one route, most likely the one you like the less, just to piss you off (or rather, because you may like the less popular characters), and it becomes a glorious mess.
And you have to think visual novels have a LOT LESS choices and variants than interactive books, usually. So it would be even worse for these games. Not to mention you even choose how the main character looks and their entire personnality usually, and quite often you not only decide their gender, but also the gender of some if not all possible love interests.
Imagine: you love that one game, and then an adaptation in movie, series or anime form comes out… and the gender of the main character is different than your character, and their personality too, and the romance is the character you hate the most, and the ending is totally different… see what I mean?
I would hate for any of these games to be made a movie or series.

But if one was to be made a visual novel - like, an extremely complete visual novel, with a lot of choices so it wouldn’t have less content than the original game, and if it had good voice acting and stuff… then I guess Samurai of Hyuga, Heroes Rise and Wayhaven Chronicles.
But still, a visual novel with such a level of detail would take 10 years to make, especially since the games I’m talking about are all multipart series, so yeah…

8 Likes

I know this is a thread about COG/HGs being made into a tv show. But I am curious as to which TV shows you would like made into a COG/HG.

I changed the title of the thread slightly, since I think it’s a reasonable twist on the original topic.

Okay thanks

1 Like

Honestly, the amount of times I watch a movie or a show, and the ending ruins the entire thing for me… And every single time that happens, I think “man, I wish this was a VN or IF, so I could actually get a decent ending”.
Can’t think of any specific one just like that, but it happened quite often.

1 Like

I think IF of The Mandalorian would be kind of cool. An overarching story but then a crap ton of side missions… it already follows standard CoG/HG format haha

I think a lot of IPs would make great interactive fiction! Off the top of my head though, I’m going to say Veronica Mars because I’m interested in solving mysteries and smooching Logan.

Ooh, or what about Bake Off? Choose what to make and try to follow instructions, figure out technicals, make friends with other contestants! That sounds charming as heck. You could have different skills be like, bread or pastry or cake or so on!

1 Like

High lands, deep waters
Fallen hero: Rebirth
Choice of Robots
Choice of Magics
Tally Ho
Infinity Series (historical drama)
wayhaven chronicles

I don’t need to write anything here, this comment already said it for me :smiley:

The infinity series would be number one in my opinion. Sabres & guns would make an excellent series. Animated perferably, to save on fake blood. Lords would be a bit slow paced for the action favoring fan base Sabres and Guns would draw. It would be better as a two part movie starting with word of Miguel’s death.

After that Apex Patrol comes to mind as a classic Sci-fi series. The academy rival turned eccentric super villain is an excellent narrative device to distinguish it. For a series it would probably be wiser to use all the archetypes for a rotation of bad guys, and to set up the occasional scene where the hero plays the bad guys against each other. The plot would obviously need expanding, but thats true of any CoG or HG that becomes a series.

I think everyone can agree that Tally Ho would make a fantastic dramatic comedy.

2 Likes

Breach the archangel job without a doubt ! And Zombie Exodus too.

1 Like

Sabres of infinity, The great tournament and zombie Exodus are my top 3 choices but if i add others it would be the lost heir and unnatural.

Honestly? If any of them became a film or TV series, I’d be hesitant to watch them.

Not because they’re not deserving of an adaptation, but because the primary draw for me is their interactive nature.

And, outside of some experimental things like Bandersnatch, TV series and movies don’t have that.

Plus, adaptations usually pick a specific RO or drop any romance resolution to avoid “picking a side.”

And that’s really frustrating since romance is a huge draw for me as well.

4 Likes