Which CoG/HG/HC game would you most like to see as a film or tv series? (and vice versa)

That’s hard, because I’d be mad about a lot of books I love if they didn’t pick my style of playthrough as canon! I agree with so many above that Fallen Hero would be brilliant, but I would want them to have my motivations and romance Ortega and so on.

I think Tally Ho would be my pick. I love ALL of the options in that one, it’s hilarious, and the costuming would be delicious.

Man, now I’m going to think about my personal perfect cast…

EDIT: Yeah, here's a first pass on the fancast

Rory: Phoebe Waller-Bridge
Aunt Primrose: Emma Thompson
Mopsie: Yara Shahidi
Figaro: Kumail Nanjiani
Frankincense: Armie Hammer
Regina Wilhelmina: Lucy Liu
Haze: Ezra Miller
Col. Firesnuff: Jared Harris
Valentine: Timothee Chalamet
Investigator Ambrose: Daniel Craig*
Trina: Storm Reid

*I wouldn’t have guessed it, but he was delightful in Knives Out as private detective Benoit Blanc.

17 Likes

I would love to see Diaspora as a TV series because I think we need more fantasy shows that aren’t “the next GOT” and move away from standard Western fantasy fare. Diaspora has such a rich story and world, I’d love to see it in motion :sob:

Additionally, God of the Red Mountain as an anime or TV show? I would KILL for that!! The spirit designs and costumes would be beautiful!

Land of the Dragon as a live-action drama or anime would amazing too because I love fantasy ancient China and court politics. And Heaven’s Dog–Eulogy to Who I Used to Be would also be a great addition to magical girl anime as a deconstruction like PMMM.

7 Likes

Absolutely samurai of hyuga

3 Likes

Drama, katanas, love, gore, spiritualism. I think the Samurai of Hyuga’s storyline has everything to become an amazing anime/manga. (I’d pay high to watch this lol)

As a series I would love to see Fallen Hero in a very cyberpunk / noir vibe probably M-rated. Another interesting option would be The Wayhaven Chronicles with its entire plot in a supernatural CSI style (hehe).

7 Likes

The wip that no one seems to know the name of!

Personally, I’d choose Choice of Rebels… Always thought that it would make a great movie/series.

7 Likes

The great tournament

1 Like

Astroid run, The ORPHEUS ruse, Choice of robots. Premise alone sounds like a good tv show to me.

4 Likes

Film:

• Wayhaven Chronicles. Although I can see the potential shipping wars that could arise.
  • Hollywood Visionary.
  • The Fog knows your name.
  • Psy High.
  • T-Rex Time Machine.

TV:

• Fallen Hero.
  • Choice of Rebels.
  • Heroes Rise.
  • Keeper of the Sun and Moon.
  • Slammed. But just for one season.
  • Zombie Exodus.
13 Likes

A Study In Steampunk as a TV series.
Community College Hero as a film series.

Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven I could definitely see as a TV series. Each chapter being a episode. With the part 1 ending being a series 1 cliffhanger, and the part 2 ending being a series 2 cliffhanger.

6 Likes

Rent A Vice becomes a black mirror episode…
Samurai of Hyuga series as an anime

3 Likes

Fallen hero

1 Like

Breach: the archangel job as a tv series definitely! All of the heists and explosions and near deaths would be so exciting plus the added romance.

The wayhaven chronicles as maybe trilogy films. The first would be introduction to the world and characters and book 1’s storyline. The second would be them all settled with new threat. And third the final battle or something.

Just my thoughts lol

5 Likes

Fallen Hero

The Grim and I.
Creatures Such As We
Breach : Archangel Job (but it would be better as a video game wouldn’t it? Choices are gold.)
Heart of the House.
and Sordwin.

6 Likes

The thing with Fallen Hero is that it’s beauty is on how deeply you can characterize the MC. Anywhere from anti-villain to psychopath with no morals.

Other games have a better adaptability cause they might have more depth on how divergent the story is, but less so on how the MC is characterized

5 Likes

Fallen Hero
Choice of Magics
I also really liked the premise of Hero’s of Myth

1 Like

Supernatural in New York
Mind games

2 Likes

How can you say this and not give the name of the movie? Unless you mean 6 underground which I guess I could kinda see

1 Like

If I had to choose only one… if have to Cataphrak’s Infinity Series. The young Lord fighting the war in Antar and what I’ve played of his wip 3rd book. That series is golden and ripe for the drama of a good series with all the excitement it offers

2 Likes