When Twilight Strikes [updated 30/08/2021]

I just read the demo and I think that this story is amazing! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

hoo hoo hee hee
is that an intimidatiom stat i see
and are those flustered/shy/dumb flirt options i see
all my needs have been catered to

4 Likes

thank you so much!

haha so glad that you’re liking all the stats and mechanics. thank you for the nice comment <3

5 Likes

Wow! Great demo, keep up the great work. Can’t wait to see some more world building, I love the foundation already!

1 Like

I love the demo, but I find some things clashing with the story. We are the most badass hunter squad in the zone, we fought werewolf, true/full vampires and other monster, but an half vampire manage to best our team in few minutes. I understand that the target is not a common half vampire comparing it strength to a full vampire, but still, in the past the MC team managed to win against full vampires.
In the scene at the gym with Blane, if we cheat against her she get rightfully angry with her honor bound attitude, but if we play fair she beat us she doen’t say anything about us fighting while still being injured.

2 Likes

thank you so much!!

a lot of the bounties that are caught have some knowledge of fighting and are definitely powerful, but they’re not nearly as skilled as Rylan is. most supernatural will rely on their advantage of brute force and while Rylan does too, they also use their speed for trickery and deception. Rylan has been on the run from various things for ages now; they’ve learned to evade attacks and disappear as a living.

there’s also just the factor of underestimation. both times the Hunter and A have fought Rylan they have shown strength similar to a half-vampire, up until the very end of the recent one. it’s a surprise and something that should be quite impossible.

if you do the solo route i think it’s clear why you lose. if you go with A’s plan it’s obviously much harder but in my opinion, if you’ve already fought against someone who’s beat you, it makes it more likely you’ll lose again.

i hope this makes sense. there will be a scene in chapter three that talks about this.

Blane doesn’t know that the Hunter is injured. the both of you are not friends and though they would have heard about the loss, they wouldn’t know about the specific circumstances of it. had they known they might have altered their mindset slightly but since they don’t like the Hunter, it’s also not something they’d apologize for.

9 Likes

just a quick announcement that A’s last name will be changed to “Devereux” and male A’s first name will be changed to “Arion.”

i had some concerns on tumblr over the coincidence of a character named “Arian German” and just overall confusion that “Deutsch” translates directly to “German” so i think it’s best to change both.

i’ll be updating the game files to reflect this shortly alongside suggestions/fixes of other feedback i’ve gotten. i’m not sure if this will corrupt any save slots so if that’s the case then I’m really sorry. thank you for understanding <3

23 Likes

Sees another supernatural WIP
Nice.

Sees Rivalmance option
Oh no. It’s meeting all my standards!

Joking aside, I loved the demo. It’s pretty nice to see the flirt options early on, and the dialogues feels just right. I’m hoping to see more depth with A and Blane, especially with Blane since there’s so much to unpack with him alone.

4 Likes

this is so nice of you to say, thank you! i know there are a lot of supernatural wips out there and i admire them all but i do hope that can give mine a new spin that doesn’t come off as cliché.

9 Likes

I loved this one a lot! I’m really looking forward to your writing and the direction the story is going for. And no pressure! :purple_heart:

1 Like

thank you so much!! <3

2 Likes

The choices for when A mentions wondering what happened with the vampire bounty that got away in Ch.1 felt a little limited. You’re not really allowed to also be interested in the vampire that got away. Your only choices are to be concerned for A or rude/dismissive of them. I felt like the “Who knows? Maybe one day we’ll get the chance to hunt them down.” option was the most like how I felt, but I didn’t really want to express wanting to hunt them down. Maybe an option that also has the MC wondering about them like A does/being curious about how the vampire is?

Love the updates so far, your WIP has brought me so much joy in the past week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

didn’t think about that one but i’ll definitely add it in now, great idea! thank you for the feedback and the kind words!! <3

4 Likes

My female Noelle becomes male for a single sentence when getting the stick :sweat_smile:

1 Like

oops, sorry about that! i’ve fixed it now.

2 Likes

WEEKLY UPDATE — March 28, 2021.

What I Did.

I finished Blane and N’s scenes!! I had a bit of a slump during Blane’s because their personality doesn’t really allow you to have a back and forth conversation, but I powered through it and am overall happy with the outcome.

Plus I got a really sad short story from it, so if you haven’t read that by now you can go here. I’ll be adding a page for extras such as these in my main post shortly.

For N’s scene, it’s much longer than I predicted but I really like it. It’s sweet and showcases more of who they are without Blane, which is huge for their character development.

I also started on A’s filing scene but haven’t gotten far with it yet. There are two different ‘versions’ of it right now depending on if you chose it first or second. If you pick it first then A will be still hyperfixtated on the files, whereas if you pick it second they’ll have lost interest. It’s a little more insight into their personal ADHD which I feel is an important inclusion.

Throughout the week I’ve also been fixing typos and adding in scenes and choices to the demo. I’ve been doing this periodically so I don’t overwhelm myself in the next update, and also because I don’t want so many people to play a “lesser” version of the game and then do a drastic upgrade.

Goals For Next Week

• Finish A’s filing room scene
  • Finally get to writing (and finishing?) Sebastian’s announcement

Stats.

• 62.8k (+ 9.6k words)

That’s all for this week! I have exams coming up soon (absolutely dreading them) so I’m not sure how much work I’ll get done. Once school is over though I’ll be able to dedicate so much more time to this so I’m super excited.

Thanks for reading <3

29 Likes

Oh my god that short story! :sob:
If I wasn’t already set on selecting Blane as RO from the very start, then I’d be after reading that!

1 Like

Yup, Blane is very rude and interesting.

1 Like

I now have to go with both Blane and N.

1 Like

i’ve changed a couple people’s minds about Blane with that short story and i’m very happy with it haha. thanks for the kind words <3

two very good ros!! i adore them both.

5 Likes