So, I’ve been kicking around the idea of maybe writing a farm game with ChoiceScript ever since I bought and played Wild Season on Steam(look it up, but don’t buy it!) and then the devs seemingly gave up on it after telling someone they we’re getting a new team for it’s development. No news has really been heard from them for a long time(and they won’t answer questions about it on their Twitter and I only asked if they were going to continue it).
Even though it’s not a completed game and you only get to play until the end of Spring, it captured my attention as it was very different from other games in it’s category. The locals were mainly friendly, but distant, some wanted you gone(I had an argument with someone trying to get me to sell the farm and leave town), while others asked you to hang out or gave encouragement.
It’s so obvious this small town has a secret… You either team up with the doctor or not(he isn’t a local) to find out if they’re hiding anything… And then that’s it. It probably won’t be finished.
So, I was curious about what people’s opinions about it would be and if anyone would even be interested in a game similar to that.
- We don’t have one of those yet. Sure.
- No way, doesn’t sound interesting.
- The farming part sounds boring.
- Yeah, sounds okay, but I’d like a different profession instead of being a farmer.
- I’ve been waiting my whole life for this! Someone do it if this person doesn’t!
- I’d rather it be more like the other games in it’s category.
- I’d like to fight stuff.
- As long as the management of farm, animals, and other stuff isn’t tedious.