What's up with the emojis?

hey- frustrating thing - some basic emoji seem to have changed :wink: and :cry: look awful all a sudden.

6 Likes

Yeah… I really liked the old version of :cry:. The new version is far closer to :disappointed: (but still doesn’t look as good)… Is it possible that we could have them changed back, or is this a new “initiative”?

2 Likes

If it’s a change it’s Discourse’s fault. :slight_smile: Best to complain to them. https://meta.discourse.org

I found Emoji and Discourse | Blog interesting

:crying_cat_face: :cry:

IT IS NOT EVEN CRYING!

4 Likes

Moving this to a new topic because this is a matter of utmost importance!

I’ve noticed that :cry: and :wink: are actually pulling from the wrong files when posted.

Instead of https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/images/emoji/twitter/cry.png?v=3 it’s https://forum.choiceofgames.com/uploads/roblox/_emoji/cry.png?v=3

WAIT! That posted the right ones! Hrmmmmm

@Parrotwatcher @Eiwynn Can you try again? Is it fixed? Is the emergency over? Are the emojis back?

WAIT no false alarm, it’s back to the ugly ones.

Hrm okay it keeps changing. I don’t know what’s what anymore!

3 Likes

It’s happened to :angry: too now!

3 Likes

That makes me :angry:

:angry:

1 Like

ALL OUR ICONS ARE BECOMING INCREASINGLY UGLY AND FAKE LIKE THEY LOOK SIMILAR…WE NEED OUR ICONS BACK WE NEED THEM :sos:

4 Likes

Is it if you pick it out of the emoji option? Or if you type

If I type the emoji in then it seems to show up. The moment I use the emoji interface though it switches the emojis to the ugly ones. (Or if I edit the post)

1 Like

:frowning: :wink: :wink: Both. I think Yeah both.

EDIT They are Normal again PIDGY FAIRY IS THE BEST :hugging:

Let’s see if this works, then…

:angry: :cry: :wink:

It didn’t…

And now it did… (This is confusing… :confused:)

And now it didn’t again… (It looks like the edit thing’s failing, too, now.)

2 Likes

Everyone’s emojis look normal at the moment to me, not the ugly ones. They flipped when you edited.

Nope! Back to being ugly!

Maybe discourse are messing with someone. Hrm.

1 Like

Clearly the only solution is that this is an attempt to force us to stop using emojis and instead rely upon our words! OH NO!!!

9 Likes

But how will people tell if I’m joking or being serious? I might accidentally offend someone (or they might think I’m joking when I start talking gay rights… :disappointed:).

4 Likes

They read our new Grey Rules!

No emojis… Why??!

4 Likes

It’s all the fault of a certain French panther, or so I’m told. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Did you go around stealing jewels and priceless objects of art again?

3 Likes

the emojis are taking a stand against humanity!!! :scream: call in the cyber squad!!!

So the emojis are in rebellion! The first to revolt were @FairyGodfeather, @Cecilia_Rosewood and @Eiwynn … since I’m :innocent: mine must have been set up by the others…

:frowning:

@Snowpanther did finish a Girl’s Prison Gone Wild game for her class today - so it must be her wild inmates; that’s a neat story we can all write about.

2 Likes

Come on guys,the new emojis may be ugly,but they have feelings too.

3 Likes

Yes, happy, cry, wink and anger :grin:

I’ve contacted Discourse support to ask them to clarify.

EDIT: They’re investigating.

8 Likes