What's up with the emojis?

hey- frustrating thing - some basic emoji seem to have changed :wink: and :cry: look awful all a sudden.

6 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I really liked the old version of :cry:. The new version is far closer to :disappointed: (but still doesnā€™t look as good)ā€¦ Is it possible that we could have them changed back, or is this a new ā€œinitiativeā€?

2 Likes

If itā€™s a change itā€™s Discourseā€™s fault. :slight_smile: Best to complain to them. https://meta.discourse.org

I found Emoji and Discourse interesting

:crying_cat_face: :cry:

IT IS NOT EVEN CRYING!

4 Likes

Moving this to a new topic because this is a matter of utmost importance!

Iā€™ve noticed that :cry: and :wink: are actually pulling from the wrong files when posted.

Instead of https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/images/emoji/twitter/cry.png?v=3 itā€™s https://forum.choiceofgames.com/uploads/roblox/_emoji/cry.png?v=3

WAIT! That posted the right ones! Hrmmmmm

@Parrotwatcher @Eiwynn Can you try again? Is it fixed? Is the emergency over? Are the emojis back?

WAIT no false alarm, itā€™s back to the ugly ones.

Hrm okay it keeps changing. I donā€™t know whatā€™s what anymore!

3 Likes

Itā€™s happened to :angry: too now!

3 Likes

That makes me :angry:

:angry:

1 Like

ALL OUR ICONS ARE BECOMING INCREASINGLY UGLY AND FAKE LIKE THEY LOOK SIMILARā€¦WE NEED OUR ICONS BACK WE NEED THEM :sos:

4 Likes

Is it if you pick it out of the emoji option? Or if you type

If I type the emoji in then it seems to show up. The moment I use the emoji interface though it switches the emojis to the ugly ones. (Or if I edit the post)

1 Like

:frowning: :wink: :wink: Both. I think Yeah both.

EDIT They are Normal again PIDGY FAIRY IS THE BEST :hugging:

Letā€™s see if this works, thenā€¦

:angry: :cry: :wink:

It didnā€™tā€¦

And now it didā€¦ (This is confusingā€¦ :confused:)

And now it didnā€™t againā€¦ (It looks like the edit thingā€™s failing, too, now.)

2 Likes

Everyoneā€™s emojis look normal at the moment to me, not the ugly ones. They flipped when you edited.

Nope! Back to being ugly!

Maybe discourse are messing with someone. Hrm.

1 Like

Clearly the only solution is that this is an attempt to force us to stop using emojis and instead rely upon our words! OH NO!!!

9 Likes

But how will people tell if Iā€™m joking or being serious? I might accidentally offend someone (or they might think Iā€™m joking when I start talking gay rightsā€¦ :disappointed:).

4 Likes

They read our new Grey Rules!

No emojisā€¦ Why??!

4 Likes

Itā€™s all the fault of a certain French panther, or so Iā€™m told. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Did you go around stealing jewels and priceless objects of art again?

3 Likes

the emojis are taking a stand against humanity!!! :scream: call in the cyber squad!!!

So the emojis are in rebellion! The first to revolt were @FairyGodfeather, @Cecilia_Rosewood and @Eiwynn ā€¦ since Iā€™m :innocent: mine must have been set up by the othersā€¦

:frowning:

@Snowpanther did finish a Girlā€™s Prison Gone Wild game for her class today - so it must be her wild inmates; thatā€™s a neat story we can all write about.

2 Likes

Come on guys,the new emojis may be ugly,but they have feelings too.

3 Likes

Yes, happy, cry, wink and anger :grin:

Iā€™ve contacted Discourse support to ask them to clarify.

EDIT: Theyā€™re investigating.

8 Likes