What's up with the emojis?

:smile:

It doesnā€™t happen in the preview for me, and when it first posts it flashed the normal one, then seems to update the information.

1 Like

Only once submitted, not in the preview.

Is it fixed now, or fluctuating? Iā€™m seeing some of the regular round 2D icons in some of the newer posts, thankfully.

It looks like quite a few more have been changing. I canā€™t seem to replicate it, but most of the ones in my and @FairyGodfeatherā€™s first posts have changed too, now.

2 Likes

It seemsā€¦ very inconsistent? Iā€™m seeing some old posts changed as well, while some newer posts have the old flat ones.

I even saw a 3D wink in an old post, as opposed to the weird blocky one or the old flat one O_O

1 Like

Is this going to be permanent? I mean, the 3D ones are at least nicer than the rectangular ones, but Iā€™d still prefer the old onesā€¦

1 Like

WHAT?! MY HEARTS ARE HOLLOW. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EXPRESS MY LOVE WITH A HOLLOW HEART? :sob:

:heart::broken_heart:

Looking at the link @FairyGodfeather shared, the 3D ones might resemble the Apple style set? Not sure what the blocky ones are. So maybe stuffā€™s just swapped around?

Your love is empty and weak, I guess :expressionless:

Edit: Great! Thanks!

Thank you for the fix.

Okay, testing; letā€™s see if this works:

:angry: :cry: :wink: :blush:

ā€¦still nothing?

1 Like

Iā€™ll check too.

:wink: :ā€™( :angry:

Edit: Must take time to implement, I guess?

Ya. it is correct for a second then it flashes to the ā€œotherā€ set.

They may need to reset the server here?

Emoji in this thread are mostly still showing the old thing. Is that expected?

Unfortunately yes :frowning: Working on a proper fixā€¦

1 Like

Your favorite emojis are back :wink:

Sorry for the trouble.

9 Likes

Thank you for working on and deploying a fix.

Just throwing this out there, we have the co-founder of C.o.G trying to figure out where our smiley faces have goneā€¦

This is like using a nuclear missile to kill a fly.

2 Likes

YAY!!! Thank you so much! I am curious as to what was wrong.

Emojis are important!

3 Likes

There was a bug in the code that was leaking custom emojis from other instances of Discourse. :flushed:

4 Likes