What is your favorite antagonist/villain of all time and why?

Saint

This guy… Saint of Killers , actually kill “God” and all the Angels (including Lucifer )

1 Like

Well, this may not be the greatest nor the most famous villain, but it was someone who traumatized me at the time of PS2, Thomas Magruder from Gun

images-27

One of his famous quotes: “I had to waste perfectly good whore to get to the truth about you.”

1 Like

How is it noone has mentored Goku yet?

Does Fen’harel count?

3 Likes

DC:
Joker - The torment and chaos inflicted on his counterpart.
Darkseid - The consummate conqueror’s demeanor, with power to back it up.
Lex Luthor - The intelligence, ingenuity, messiah complex and charisma.
Ra’s al Ghul - The longevity, foresight, and command of the shadows.
Black Hand - The embodiment of death, a necromancer with total disregard for life on a cosmic level

Marvel:
Onslaught - Nigh omnipotence, power to take on Doctor Doom, The Avengers, The X-Men, power to absorb abilities of his choosing.
Thanos - Visionary conqueror with incredible natural abilities, genius level intellect, and cold pragmatism.
Magus - The warped evil form of Adam Warlock, with cosmic power and a god complex.
Mephisto - One of the most powerful rulers of hell with a penchant for chaos and irony.
Doctor Doom - The best of both worlds, science/sorcery.

Anime:
Griffith/Femto (Berserk) - Unbridled cruelty
Raoh (Fist of the North Star) - Dogged determination to erase the shame and humiliation caused by fear at the hands of Ken, and to expand his hegemony.
Aizen (Bleach) - Calculating, patient, brilliant, powerful, the epitome of “lying in wait”
Vicious (Cowboy Bebop) - Ruthless, relentless, killing machine.
Vegeta (Dragonball Z) - The haughty, arrogance, and superiority complex

5 Likes

I would say Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3. Also Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. These were the only villains that made me want to meet them more and more throughout the game.

2 Likes

I’ve always been partial to the ruthlessly brilliant Magneto, a holocaust survivor who lost his entire family in the Nazi Death Camps of WW2, a vigilante, a Machiavellian villain who brought governments to their knees, and a mutant’s rights champion. He wasn’t evil just to be evil. He had a cause (and a new family) he felt was worth fighting and dying for, and he was willing to break a whole log of eggs, violently, to achieve it.

10 Likes

So… Brilliant… I can’t breath… lol

1 Like

Of course it does. :slight_smile:

Doctor Doom… a man so determined to seek vengeance on his greatest enemies the Fantastic Four that he sacrificed his first love to Hell and had a magical armour made from her skin. Sure puts Thanos’ sacrifice into perspective…

Also Doom has basically become God twice and the second time arguably did a good job at it.

1 Like

See that’s the sort of evil I find entirely unsympathetic, but if you like your evil pitch black, more power to you. I’ll take mine with two creams so I can actually empathize with it and think to myself, that could be me if I had been in his (or her) shoes, or as the writers of old used to say, there but for the grace of God go I.

5 Likes

Unfortunately all the badass villains have been mentioned.:grin:

My favorites include The Joker from Batman movies coz he’s so rational in doing evil things.

Madara Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden, He’s your go to mastermind and absolutely badass.

And Also Voldemort from Harry Potter. He’s the dark overlord who makes Harry’s life hell.

1 Like

i fell like the list is missing a few villains that i would like to mention

1. Ainz Ooal Gown from overlord for all the chaos he causes to ensure Nazarick’s safety
  2. the one eyed king from tokyo ghoul for well being the most heartless of all of ghouls in the anime
  3. **Estarossa from seven deadly sins for his weird sense of love and his over powered mode later on in the books.

fell free to tell me what you think.

Definitely. I’m a fan of Magneto as well (especially when played by the wonderful Ian MacKellan in the movies.) Complicated villains that aren’t evil for the sake of it are so much more relatable, to the point that you sometimes actually feel sympathy for someone like him, or can at least understand why he’s doing what he does.

I like Alfred Bester from the Babylon 5 universe for the similar reasons. Complicated background that has caused him to behave like he does. To the people that know him/are on his side, they often see him as a “good guy” or at least loyal (unless they’ve seen his other side first hand,) but anyone he needs to use to further what he thinks needs to happen friend or not, will almost always get thrown under the bus with little regret. There’s even some really good reasons why he’s so single minded about it. (But won’t go into it due to spoilers. I don’t think half of it even turns up the the TV series (which is a shame his character got simplified,) you have to have read the books :slight_smile: )

1 Like

This is more of a villain that I love to hate than a villain that I just love, but how about Gaius Baltar from the SyFy channel’s Battlestar Galactica?

He’s a sniveling coward, and consummate survivor. I can’t say that I ever liked him, but my god would I have liked to see him savagely beaten.

That’s a good quality in a villain. I think.

1 Like