What is your favorite antagonist/villain of all time and why?

I am very aware of what psychopaths are and what they do from a psychological point of view. And i assure you they can be and some of them are insane and/or violent. And that’s the kind i like as villians. I said insane psychopaths instead of simply psychopaths for a reason after all :relaxed:

Not to get too political, but he’s nowhere near a villain if you’re from Russia…

apologies in advance to all russians. It’s simply a joke

4 Likes

Russia is a world parallel to ours, where villains are heroes, heroes are villains and their god is called Putin and instead of angels and demons, they have the FSB.

5 Likes

Monstrosity run rampant all throughout United States
Talkin’ about let’s make a fort, talkin’ about let’s make it great

• Denzel Curry
2 Likes

My favorites are Handsome Jack and Loki, I love the funny ones

Has anyone mentioned Freeza yet? One of the best villains to date

3 Likes

oh god yes! My favorite arc of the whole dbz !

2 Likes

Arguably the best arc of DB ever. The only villain that Goku legitimately could not defeat no matter how hard he tried. Add to that the fact that he wasn’t some insane crazy person, but a precise, calculating dictator… Truly awesome.

2 Likes

Also loved how back then there were no SSJ stuff lol I mean , yeah he turn into SSJ to defeat him . But I really enjoyed the fight way before he did that . I also loved the filler with krillin , gohan and Bulma .

Frieza’s deadliest attribute is the fact that of all the villains in Dragonball, he’s easily the most sadistic and cold blooded, killing children with a flick of a finger and causing as much pain as possible when he fights. Most other villains either have a sense of fair play or are effectively mindless.

EDIT: I guess Doctor Gero is also pretty sadistic given he killed an entire city of people just to make a point to Goku.

1 Like

I love frieza, but have you seen piccolo’s fight with goku at the end of dragonball? That was really brutal and although goku beat him, he barely did…Speaking of piccolo though, I love him! And the frieza saga gave us one of the best fights piccolo has. But yeah the frieza saga is my favourite, the music is the best, frieza is my favourite pure villain, and everyone shines at some point, Vegeta, Picollo, Goku, Gohan and even krillin…kind of.

Arg hate people who say it goes on for too long, aspecially people who still go on about the infamous five minutes bit, especially as this has been debunked. At the start of dragonball z it’s clearly shown people move at the speed of light. The reason five minutes doesn’t take 5 minutes in the DB universe is because we’re not actually witnessing the action in real time, honestly it’s not that hard to understand. It pisses me off so much when I see people still beating that dead horse. Oh and I also love the frieza saga as power levels and saiyans becoming stronger after nearly dying is a thing in the frieza saga. It isn’t really after this saga, and if it is a thing in dragonball it’s not explicitly shown/mentioned.

Anyone mention Loghain Mac Tir yet?
Sacrifices his king, the elven alienage to slavers, and manages to recruit an army equally as powerful as the Wardens army.

6 Likes

Oh my God, yes! I loved Loghain!!! (I’m surely biased, because DAO is my favorite game ever, but still…)

This is my home, these are my people!

Well, imo many villains become corrupted or are misguided and tormented by past traumas, but I think the best villains are ones with redeeming qualities (no matter how small in comparison to their wrongdoings).

The perspective of the protagonist vs the consumer is also fun to play around with, as it can result in you actually coming to sympathize with the antagonist which is always fun

So, I absolutely second Azula, Eru Iluvatar, Loghain, and the Illusive Man. Would also like to add:

Fiona Goode and Marie Laveau (AHS Coven)
They are both sadistic, manipulative, extremely selfish, and willing to sacrifice anything to achieve their goals of immortality-- even newborn babies– but show unerring loyalty to their loved ones (if only in some strange ways). They also are both just very witty and a thrill to watch.

WOW WISH I COULD TYPE CORRECTLY :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

And then get destroyed in debate and is forced to serve an army that despises him (in my playthrough at least).

2 Likes

or killed…lol cose thats much more fun…Roll away his head!

1 Like

The whole Mishima bloodline in Tekken.

Heihachi takes over his father’s company and imprisons him underground leading to him getting posessed by a demon later and uses the company for all types of evil deeds in the world (amassing a private army, inhumane experiments on animals and people)

Then his son Kazuya is born with the devil Gene and as a result is thrown in a volcano…which then only makes him mad and embrace his devil side which he uses to do the same thing back to Heihachi thus taking over the company…and continuing all of the evil deeds his father did.

Then Kazuya has a son, Jin, who inherited the gene who at first is thought to finally be the saving grace of the family being raised by his mother and taught to control it and basically be a good person…gives in to the gene to fight his father who wants to be the strongest person alive.

Jin ends up beating Kazuya and taking over the company and decides to try to find the origin of the gene and it leads him to think that it comes from an ancient demon, which the only way of summoning it to fight it, comes from bringing about the apocalypse…Jin decides to abandon all his morals and learning for the “greater good” and wages war on the entire world with the army his father and grandfather amassed over the years which killed thousands from airstrikes on civilians to all out war with soldiers.

I loved how for years there was no real hero in the main storyline and just evil family members vying for power in different ways which is kind of nice to see instead of having to have someone be a hero.

3 Likes

I always liked the character Roy Batty from Blade Runner.

He’s utterly ruthless, sure, but at the same time he’s in the middle of an existential crisis: why am I the way I am? Why do I have to die?

He finally meets his literal maker, but gets no satisfactory answers. Then finally, in the last moments of his life, he gains an appreciation for not just his own life, but sees other people’s lives have value as well when he spares Deckard.

I absolutely adore characters with deep psychological issues that drive their actions, especially if all the questions aren’t answered and neatly wrapped up in the end.

5 Likes

Come on guys, there’s obviously only one true villain.

9 Likes

Srly, when someone ask who is best villain i dont know why but i think in Darth Vader.
images

3 Likes

images-39

5 Likes