What genre would you like to see?

Huh well as a suggestion to your added mindfuckery: I played a game where the baddie (who was threataning to release poisonous gas all over the city) captured the heroine, laid a gun on the table and gave her a choice of one of two things; shoot yourself and save everybody, tell your partner to stand down (whereupon him standing down he gets killed) and save everybody. You also have the option to kill the bad guy but he tells you the gas will be released anyway. And all ways you died. The right answer was actually to wait for the timer (how much time you have to decide) to run out and just trust in your partner to get the job done. Little bit o’ mindfuckery for ye there (you can thank EA for that).

That sounds like Army of Two where you make it to the terrorist guy after shooting up the destroyed city and you come all that way and kill atleast a million people in one day and the he is all like “Yo bro, kill your bro and ill stop the bombs or whatever I have from going off.” and if your in co-op your partner has the chance to shoot you before you shoot them but im a ganksta because I went “Fuck this.” and shot the terrorist guy and let the entire world die except me and my bro because we’re awesome. Bros before worlds.

And I just came up with a way to save the idea from before!

When you were 8 You always belived that the goverment of (futureistic country name) told the truth. But then you were kidnapped and brought to a testing facility in space. They changed you. Put you through so much pain you almost went insane. Now, released/escaped after 9 years, you know that there were to many lies to count, and the choice of what to do with the abilities you gained on that space station is yours.

These would be the Classes

Cyborg: you are now 84.465 percent machine. High endurance + hidden devices. There are many little things stashed under your skin. The stronger hidden devices gets the more you can use

Mutant: they messed up your genes good. But now you can tackle bears and win. So who’s laughing now? Strength and Primal Instinct. A sixth sense

Cyber ghost: your body was broken early on. So they converted your brain into a virus. You made a suprising development however, you can transfer yourself through short distances of empty space. Smartest + Tech Posses. You can hack and control any machine. You must solve a riddle or a puzzle to hack some more secure things though.

You have your two main stats (other one depends on what u did as a kid) and your skill. The higher the skill level than for example, skill 20/100 with hidden divices, you can make a multitool come halfway out of your arm before you have to pull it the rest of the way and use it manually. Now Skill 80/100. You can pop out a jetpack, laser cannons, and spit out grenades.

You get the idea

@2Ton lmao brobro lol don’t copy right that. I wanna borrow that for mah choicescript ^0^ Thinking we have to keep things legit made sure everything was at least readable for at least a violent 4th grade student…but with disclaimers like that…

hehheh…

Yah, That’s how stuff sounds when I read it inside my mind, it sounds like ebonics on steriods.

@2Ton aaaaaand now I have a picture of Arnold Schwarzenegger using Ebonics in my head. Not pretty let me tell you.

Picture Morgan Freeman speaking ebonics in your head it’s much better

I don’t think I know how to respond to the 2Ton…

Well, back to the topic… I’d love to see some real WuXia genre around here. Before I get bombarded with Choice of Kung Fu, that was more of a Chinese fantasy novel.

Modern Wuxia is supposed to be just barely within the bounds of possibilty or just slightly beyond it, depending on how the author writes (personally, I always prefer Kung Fu slightly embellished, but not everyone does),

So, for those of you not familiar with the genre, try to imagine an action film in Ancient China, but where all of the characters know almost-legendary forms of Kung Fu.

For those of you interested in reading what it is like, try reading Jin Yong, or in English Adaptions Louis Cha. I recommend trying the Condor Heroes Trilogy or the Smiling, Pround Wanderer (The most well-known translation for the title, but Laughing in the Wind is, in my opinion, a better translation of the title, if not the content).

@Wyrmspawn why didn’t you say so before. Get the idea at last ^_^.

I’d personally like to see a noire kind of setting, simply because I haven’t seen anything with that.

I would have to say Supernatural theres already so many Space/Sci fi games need something different!

I’m willing to see anything aslong as it’s good, and what I mean by good is interesting.

I’d really like to see a Medieval setting - not fantasy, and as realistic as possible. I know I’ve seen a few WIPs with this genre, but I don’t think any of them made it too far.

Another good topic would be Western, though I’ve seen two of this genre floating around and in progress, so I’ll be following those closely :slight_smile:

I think Medieval would do.

@FalconXCII mind clarifying on that? While @ReignFrost depends on what you mean by that supernatural as in ghost and zombies or supernatural as in superpowerish. @FortunesFaded are you meaning more of with historical backup and evidence.

Lucids next game after Paradox Factor. A fantasy setting with a bigger focus on story than Life of a Wizard. :3

@Arcania No problem, what I’d like to see would be like a private eye kind of game, set around the 1940’s, the MC could maybe be someone returning from the war or something along those lines, just an idea really. It’s just a genre I’m pretty interested in, and I hope that is a good enough clarification, as it’s about 12:30am where I’m at at the moment as of writing this. So I’m not sure if I wrote it clearly.

I’d like to see a steam punk setting with functional magic, I think it could be cool.

I would like to see a game in which you:

1. Try to make yourself owner of CoG
  2. Kill people with Poison
  3. Become Friends with Nyan Cats
  4. Become a Dot/Void Assasin
  5. Write CoGs