What genre of game do you feel is most in need of more representation?

That’s actually what I was referring too, besides the questionable things about her. She sure knew how to write a good ass mystery. The book got a little spooky near the end.

2 Likes

lol I had to write down everyone name, to figure out who was the killer :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Being a huge little horror fan and overall lover of creepy and morbid stuff, I would love some more horror.

2 Likes

Uh ten little what? :flushed:

3 Likes

When the book came out, it used the N word. But since then it has been changed to fight against racism.

2 Likes

No doubt. That was just surprising to see :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve just edited the post so the thumbnail didn’t show the cover with the original title.

6 Likes

Thanx! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll love to play an actor mc that works in theater/musicals. I desperately need more games in this genre.

4 Likes

I would play the shit out of such a game. There better be a Javert-type RO, though. :eyes:

I’d really love to see something that feels like an update to Alter Ego. Don’t get me wrong: I love Alter Ego but I’d also love gay relationships/marriage, the option to be trans etc. Needless to say, such a game would take looots of work (and I can already imagine the various impossible feature requests), so it’s understandable why it’s not been done.

2 Likes

It’s not a COG, and you don’t play an actor, but if you’re interested in musicals-genre games, you might want to keep an eye on Chorus: An Adventure Musical, written by David Gaider, the writer behind BG2 and KOTOR.

The campaign is over, and game development is chugging along, but here’s a link to the campaign page if you want to know more:

1 Like

I can absolutely vouch for Chorus (though it’s called Stray Gods now!), one of the co-founders is a dear friend so I’m entirely biased but have also played a couple of early versions and it was truly stunning even then. When it’s done it’s going to be amazing!

6 Likes

Man, why can’t I get vouchings for games I’m NOT sure about considering they’re written by David freaking Gaider and sung by Laura “guess how many awards for voice acting I got” Bailey?

Anyway, I backed the Fig campaign, so it’s not like I can buy the game harder.

1 Like

Fingers crossed that it won’t be too long before it’s out!

1 Like

If you like stuff like that, you’ll probably enjoy this: The Terror Aboard The Speedwell: Special Edition by Javy Gwaltney

1 Like

Shame it appears to be gender locked to female though.

2 Likes

Mecha, mecha! Two games aren’t nearly enough, thoughts of giant robots buzz in my head like a flood of butterflies and I can’t just keep replaying Mecha Ace until I’ll remember every branch and line as vividly as I remember my name.

7 Likes

I’m not sufe if slice of life is genre, but definitley slice of life. Maybe even fantasy slice of life. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I think, we need a horror. (Might be 80s slasher? Alien movie type? Balkan folklore? Supernatural type saving people, hunting things, family business?)

1930s, 1940s action-drama gangster story. (Yeah, I know there’s a one, but we need a longer story.)

History, fictional history without magic ofc. (World War I, World War II, Rome era, Colonial, French Revolution, Victorian era, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greek etc.)

Becoming an officer stories? (using your team to do something, making choices, taking cities, burning homes, blowing up tanks, and with that using career ladders to go top. WWII typeish. I love Infinity series but we need more.)

Dystopian stories. (Fallout-ish, Metal Gear-ish, 1984ish)

Steampunk, Raypunk, Dieselpunk, Biopunk, Cyberpunk

7 Likes

100% agree with you regarding horror and history! My two favourite genres.

4 Likes