"Werewolf: The Apocalypse — The Book of Hungry Names"—Unleash Rage and wield spirit to heal the land and rebuild your fallen pack

To be clearer, I’m not talking about literal flair, as in having a flashy personality. I’m talking more about having a strong, distinct personality and dramatic impact on the story. For example, I’m pretty sure I won’t remember most of the side-characters in a month or two, while other books rely almost entirely on having very memorable side characters, like Fallen Hero.

4 Likes

Your mistake is to assume that W5 is a continuation of WtA. W5 is actually just like Werewolf The Forsaken it’s own game that get wrongfully declared as a continuation of WtA so that people that do not know the difference will buy it in expectation of being part of the long esteblished brand.

2 Likes

I’ll always remember Nin :joy: The Gem of being a wolf born. Melodie is…somewhat memorable. Elton sorta/kinda. Podge ill remember, same as the Glasswalker.

Idk, maybe i have different standards, since I’ve done quite a bit of WoD. As Garou I’ll remember them, since most players on the table top I’ve seen tend to lean towards the “Awooo, wolf smash” So, the crew is fresh air for me.

Eater of Names I’ll always remember, though.

3 Likes

I thought the characters were among the game’s greatest strengths. I felt myself responding to them like real people, caring about my pack members as both family and friends while occasionally finding them annoying or infuriating. There are character moments that will stick with me for a long time to come. And when I think about playing this game again someday, after having immersed myself in it so many times as a tester, what excites me most is the prospect of getting to discover little moments of characterization and dialogue that I missed. As exciting as the story is, it was the characters who kept me grounded in and committed to this dark, violent, frequently disturbing world.

7 Likes

W5 is very much a continuation of the WtA line, carrying events set up in previous games like the Stargazer split forwards. It is the same world, with multiple retcons made just like V5. It is not an altogether different setting and cosmology like WtF. Just because you and others don’t like all the changes (I’m not the hugest fan of some myself) doesn’t make it ‘not WtA’. It’s certainly not some kind of malicious misbrand to trick unsuspecting consumers.

3 Likes

Why can’t I join the black Furies? (Yes I own the DLC)

3 Likes

So, the cabin got blown up, Podge and i moved in with Nin, yet we’re still living in the cabin.

1 Like

If you own the steam version try playing on it, see if the mobile version doesn’t recognize the dlcs

Report issues to support@choiceofgames.com

1 Like

Dark and disturbing? Psssshaaaaw. Garou life is just very hands on environmentalist.

Tbh, it wasnt so much my interactions with them that got me to like them ((though there are some really great moments!)) It was their interactions with eachother.

You could feel the history they had together. Even just in the funny texts.

5 Likes

I’m playing on mobile not steam

Maybe the mobile versions are bugged and havent patched yet? My mobile game hasn’t updated

That’s irritating

I’m checking right now if you can join those tribes in the steam game. But so far I cant join the Black Furies since my character doesn’t like humans.

It updated on mobile for me a couple hours ago, and it forced me all the way back to when I only knew Elton. Before the update, I had all Nin, Podge, and Melodie already. C’:

Are you using the choice of games omnibus? It hasn’t updated there yet

How can you tell whether it’s updated?

Can’t join DLC tribes either in Steam version.

2 Likes

So Grotsky manor is a Camarilla blood farm right?

2 Likes

The chapter didn’t restart