Wayfarer by idrelle games on itch.io. Lots of branching and great story

Has anyone tried Wayfarer on itch.io ? currently there is single chapter demo available. Which have lot of branching and your choice affects story and world around you graetly. It doesn’t have good choice and bad choices. Your choices just puts you in different direction. You can do your missions in different ways. Or you can abandon them and continue on with consequences.
The story is also great. You play as beast hunter in exile. There is magic, politics, mafia.

21 Likes

it good read thank for show us this

1 Like

Sadly, I can’t play that game because one of the main points is the random factor, that is very important in it. And I don’t play any games with randomness because of me replaying exactly the same time at every single replay.
I guess it would be less tedious on Twine with the save feature as I could reload, instead of restarting the entire game, but it’s still a hassle I’m not ready to go through. A shame too, since it seems interesting… :pensive:

2 Likes

You could also try “A Tale of Crowns” by Cherry on itch.io. In this story you play as the next Emperor of a country, where divines choose the ruler. And when one dies and another is chosen, their eyes change to golden color. It has four gender swappable ROs. A very immersive and free game with superb character chemistry and interactions. It currently has seven chapters and it’s text based.

P.S. Hopefully I’m not diverting the topic too much, just wanted to share with one of my favorite games.

6 Likes

Yup, already playing it! But thanks!

1 Like

Great! Just edited and put a link to it, just in case anyone is interested :blush:

1 Like

“A Tale of Crowns” has its own thread in this same category… in case you wanted to check it out.

Really? Sorry I didn’t know!

1 Like

Followed this game since it was in its early days! It’s insane how much content is in the first chapter alone.

It’s got a metric crap ton of choice (yes its hard to replicate your choices because of the skill checks, but I like it when things are that way), and you legit end up on wildly different paths.

Think of it like Dungeons and Dragons mechanics, in a Witcher/Dragon Age style world, along with a hot broody elf boi who the fan base is so obsessed with that he has his own fanclub.

Do yourself a favor and check it out, but make sure you don’t get discouraged by failing skill checks. There is no game over, you won’t miss out on content, it just means you suck at climbing trees

4 Likes

Sounds intersting. Thanks. Gonna check it out later.

If you make profile on itch.io you can save the game. on device.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand? I have an itch account, and even the launcher, and I know how to save the game. But I don’t know how enjoyable the game would be if I had to be saving and loading all the time to circumvent the RNG factor.

Agreed love this game, someday if they made steam or play store i definitely buy for support and collection

1 Like