Wastelander (WIP) - BETA COMING SOON!

I knew that this would be one of the replies. Just think of it as Metro, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Fallout combined.

I have not played the beta. But I would like to know how it would use metro to shape the story well unless the air in the PCā€™s is toxic or they live in subways.

I donā€™t want to spoil too much of the game but, yes there will be underground metro shelters in the game with side quests of their own.

Oh, you wait. The beta is just around the corner.

1 Like

Holy crupballs! Another 14 year old!? Iā€™m not boring for liking text based games!

Also what kind of post apocalypse wasteland are we talking about here? The last of us style or full on Fallout radiation? (The last of us being overgrown ruined cities and countryside and Fallout just everything ruined)

Hey donā€™t be so surprised @RaiBagel 14 year olds make good writers take Jill Murphey and Jaquline Wilson, they started at 12 years old :angry:!!! And besides never judge a book by its cover since it makes people frustrated.

Yes, thank you very much for showing your interest in this game. Now, I
cannot reveal much at this time, buy this game will be a combination of
both. This might probably be the first actual text based sandbox/open world
RPG ever made, so if you can, please support me in this venture.

Sincerely,
Suleman Saleem

Might I ask, who are Jill Murphy and Jacqueline Wilson and which games have
they made?

Your kidding me :expressionless:ā€¦
The story of Tracy beaker/ Hetty feather- Jaquline Wilson
The worst witch- Jill murphey
Those two people, heard of their stories?

Which were also made into television series

Iā€™m sorry to say that Iā€™ve never heard of them. That is because Iā€™ve just
joined over an great ago and have only played a handful of games.

Wait, really?! Those two books were made into TV series? Wow, thatā€™s an
achievement.

I think all three books were made into tv series for CBBC on BBC

Yeah didnā€™t mean it to frustrate and I wasnā€™t judging. I was expressing happiness in another 14 year old on this website who wasnā€™t annoying. Itā€™s a pretty hard find on the Internet these days. Sorry if I frustrated you.

Cool dude. Sounds like a cool idea. Cannot wait! Although it doesnā€™t really pass as a sandbox you should check out the demo for Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven on choice of games WIPs. It might give you a few ideas for the whole character customisation and a few open world/sandbox ideas. Like I said this game isnā€™t really an open world sandbox since itā€™s still follows a story line, but itā€™s still probably going to be one of the best games on COG in the future. Gud luk!

Can you release a public demo and then put it into a Beta test?

No resurrecting threadsā€¦

Would any of you want a small portion of Wastelander to test?

The title says it all. Anybody who wants to test the game? Remember that it is not even 1% of the Prologue chapter and is absolutely small. However, I just wanted someone to test the direction on the game and would like to hear your thoughts.

Not counting this one as a resurrection since the author started a new thread, and I instead directed things here.

I mean, Iā€™ve completed a fair bit of the game but I just wanted to check
everything with my customers. I wanted to show the direction Iā€™ve taken
with the game and just wanted to hear your thoughts about it.

If you want, I could put up the whole, gigantic bit of the Prologue chapter
up next month, if thatā€™s alright with all of you?