Wastelander (WIP) - BETA COMING SOON!

Wastelander is or will be a 70,000 word RPG novel which mainly focuses on exploration and interaction in a harsh, desolate wasteland devastated by a nuclear bombing.

FEATURES
The game is set in post-apocalyptic USA, where only danger roams. You are a courier employed by ‘Freedom America’ to navigate across the heart of the US to deliver a high-tier package. Fight wars, side with factions, journey through the US exploring anything and everything. Take part in more than a hundred side-quests that might affect your main storyline and most of all, choose more than 40 paths that might alter your gameplay. Through some closed testing, many have touted this as the ‘first open world’ text based game of all time.

THIS IS AN UPDATED TOPIC OF MY PREVIOUS POST WITH THE SAME NAME. IT CAN BE FOUND HERE, Wastelander (WIP) ALPHA RELEASING SOON!.

PROLOGUE BETA COMING SOON!

A WORK IN PROGRESS
MADE BY A 14 YEAR OLD WHO HAS PUBLISHED ANOTHER POST-APOCALYPTIC THEMED SHORT STORY

15 Likes

Quick question. What do you need a second thread for the same game for? To me it seems a bit redundant.

3 Likes

The only reason I reposted this was because the website wasn’t allowing me to edit my post. I’ve been trying for a while now but still couldn’t figure what the problem was. So yeah, here I am.

Regular forum-goers become unable to edit their posts after a set amount of time (I think it was about two months or something). But if you tell me or one of the other mods what you want the new text of your main post to be we can change it for you :wink: (And the title too, although regulars are also able to do that.)

This sounds like fallout New Vegas… Good luck, anyway!!

1 Like

I remember the older thread sounding interesting, so I’m happy to see progress.

So… no update? :sob:

So basically you are making a knock off, interactive novel version of fallout new Vegas?

2 Likes

Bethesda called, they’re suing for illegal use of IP.

Haha, the storyline is just as good.

1 Like

No He Is Not It’s A Much More Expansive Area With The Majorty Of The U.S Being The Setting And Events Leading Up To The Nuclear Holcost Are Different And I Will Say No More Becasue Spoilers!

2 Likes

The CAPS are real. Jeez.

1 Like

I hope this’ll be as good, if not better than New Vegas, GL!! :smile:

Yeah I took offense that he compared @LoneSurvivor’s work to Fallout 4 and called It a Knock Off of Fallout’s storyline.

3 Likes

1.) she
2.) I didn’t compare it to fallout 4, my guy. His synopsis is literally a summary of fallout new Vegas. Like the author can say the actual story is different, but from what they have put up so far, it’s like a copy and paste of FNV.

2 Likes

Well…yea…it’s exactly like fallout New Vegas
@LoneSurvivor Your a Courier carrying an important package after a Nuclear explosion
The least you can do is make the plot different; there is nothing wrong with your world being plagued by a Nuclear explosion, as there is another CS Nuke post apocalyptic game being made which puts a unique spin on the sub-genere. But why play your game when we can experience just as much enjoyment playing NV?(some people might think of this exact question while reading your summary)

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh :disappointed_relieved: don’t get discouraged from writing, your demo has yet to come out so all of what I said up there ^ is all based on your summary.

2 Likes

Yeah, many of the beta testers also said that until they actually played it. Just wait until the beta and you’ll see how different it is.

1 Like

It surely will be since it was heavily inspired by Fallout: NV.

1 Like

Hey @LoneSurvivor Long time since I’ve last seen you on the forms. Speaking of beta testers does me and all the testers to the previous thread still have access to the beta or are you going to change that so that only a select few can do it cause I still want to do it when you give out the access.

Hey, I’ll make sure everyone takes part in it. No need to worry.