Wastelander (WIP) ALPHA RELEASING SOON!

Done! You’ve been added.

1 Like

Thanks Michael! I’ve already added you. I promise to all of you people that I won’t let you down!

1 Like

wow… you sound enthusiastic :wink:… you’re 14 right?

well, just wanna let you know… that there’s not a lot of young writers out there, let alone those who could code an entire story into a game… so keep it up :+1:

you’re not the first kid I’ve ran across who had a vision this big… you sure are the most determined… :smile:

Thank you very much Michael! You don’t know how much I’ve been longing for somebody to say that. I originally started work on this game on textadventures.com. However, the website proved to be very limited so the project eventually died. Now that Choicescript is here, I can finally prove that it is possible to create a certainly large open-world filled with content, without sacrificing the story. Thanks again Michael, you people are a real cheer for me.:grinning:

New York one of those cities? :smiley:

Hi your game sounds great would love to beta test for you! :smile:

I really don’t want to burst your bubble here, but if you’re actually planning to go through with everything you said in your first post, this is going to take a lot more than 200 thousand words. Hell, it’s likely going to be more than a million words. Maybe two or three?

Also keep in mind that the more branches you have, the harder the testing, and you are the only one who knows the game well enough to be able to test it properly, so you have to calculate that into your time too. This story of yours will likely be on the scale of Jeantown’s Guenevere, and she’s reserved more than ten years to work for it. (although she also has a fulltime job so it could be less for you since you’re still in school)

You really should take these things into consideration now, because it will be too late once you’ve started branching out into a bazillion paths.

I hope this won’t come as too much of a buzzkill, I’m not trying to say it’s impossible, just saying it will take a LOT more time than you currently have planned for it.

Thanks for the reply Nemeean! Yes, the game is going to be long. However, I’ve put a lot of though into this game. I’ve even sketched up everything you’re going to encounter or do in this game. Yes, it may change throughout the course of time but I assure you, it will be for the better. Hope this clears things up.:grinning:

Sure, just wanted to make sure you’re fully aware of what awaits you.

Looking forward to seeing this become the next Guenevere (in terms of length), then. :smile:

very great game idea i would like to test it

Im new to the forum can somebody tell me how to request a beta test please?

Simply post saying that you want to beta test.

1 Like

Hm… That sounds interesting… But different @LoneSurvivor and to answer your question @RedJohnnny no New York is not one

Maybe, Johnny. Maybe.

NO SPOILERS

1 Like

Done! You’ve been added.

Don’t worry, you’ve been added to the list.

Hey man @Lonesurvivor I’m making a game too althow my game is going to be a fan inspired fallout game I’m still working on my poration right now but if you want to come over and help out with the project when it’s ready then you can. Okay let’s get back on topic with all the copies of the betas your sending are you sure that you’ll be able to create an email where you copy and paste in your game for the testers.

I meant to end my last post with so the testers can test your game.

Thanks for replying Adam! Yes, the beta will be sent by e-mail. However, this might change if the list becomes HUGE.

Hey I just wanted to say that I’m pretty hyped for your game but I just have a simple question will we get to be a raider like can we be the bad guy if we wanted to