Warlock City: Shadow of the Shroudwalker

This was actually pretty good I look forward to trying it in the future

1 Like

Were not allowed to comment after 14 daysā€¦are we?

1 Like

no we canā€™t comment when it after 2 month

1 Like

Ah ok thanks for clarifying :ok_hand:

1 Like

Gotta say, love the premise and the story so far. Didnā€™t find anything to nitpick, so how about a choice suggestion? ;p

Spoiler, duh!

ā€¦ let her have her way? :wink: Granted, I donā€™t know the type of relationship the two have, but maybe it couldā€™ve turn into a favor for a favor kind of deal, with the sister buying the thingy in the end - or if the bet never plays a role further down the chapters, it could be something to tease mc about.
It terms of stat-building perspective of this scene, i imagine it being crafted along the lines of ā€œi could have (one of the 4) but i wonā€™tā€

2 Likes

Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments. All this interest is making me feel bad! I got one of those ā€œrealā€ job things ugh ā€” the ā€œsuck out your soulā€ variety. Itā€™s all stress and leaves little will to do anything but de-stress when I get home, but I havenā€™t forgotten this and Iā€™m plugging away slowly. So thank you for all the interest, it really does mean a lot. :slightly_smiling_face:

@KJM Haha, never crossed my mind to let her have her way. I can definitely add that. Just let it roll a 1/3 and you can test your luck. :yum:

21 Likes

Just finished the demo. Itā€™s really cool so far. I like the idea. Keep it up!

2 Likes

My first and last on this is that itā€™s incredibly fun on all levels. (Not just like ā€œI had fun with the gameā€ but justā€¦ The whole thing got me excited) The magic so far is fun, the imagery is fun, the MCā€™s attitude is fun, and Iā€™m a sucker for the ā€œstage magician uses magicā€ concept.

I wish you the best with this, wholeheartedly (also with your soul sucking job. I know that feeling well).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

Is this back? Please tell me itā€™s back, it was one of my favorites wips.

3 Likes

Yes, I feel the same. I sure hope it is back in development.

1 Like

Same

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like

Awesome style! Love the concept and familiar choice (idk why the raptor was so cute) combat was also written very well. Youā€™re on the right track so far keep it up

1 Like

Oh I was just thinkin about this the other day
Great to see it opened again

1 Like

I have read your work you did good job on this

1 Like

Since this thread has been opened, itā€™s great to see lots of encouragement and enthusiasm for the WIP! However, letā€™s be careful not to add pressure for its development, per rule #3. :slight_smile: Thanks!

8 Likes

Haha! Oh boy, the amount of replies already gives me ALL the fuzzy feelings :hugs: and makes me feel really bad that I left for so long! Iā€™ve just been busy/stressed, and I didnā€™t want to post and get peoples hopes up before I knew I would really have the time to really get back into it.

Yes, we are back and more focused than ever (the ā€œweā€ is me including my dog as moral support)! I never really stopped thinking about this story, but I did realise that I was an utter fool and underprepared. I was having so much fun writing in the moment that I never gave enough focus to where the story was going beyond a general idea of where I knew it had to end and what I thought would be ā€œfunā€ scenes.

So the last few months have really been me sitting down and ironing out the big plot moments of where the story is going before I write myself into a hole. I have since done that and have a few changes to make to the story.

Firstly, you wonā€™t be engaging in too many Super antics in the first book. Theyā€™ll still be present, but weā€™re going to forget the Supersona for now. It was a fun idea and it will definitely be making an appearance in the next book (not to get ahead of myself) but a lot of people seem to be more interested in the magic and I agree that itā€™s more important for now. Iā€™ve really thought about it and decided that I need to get as much lore through to the reader as possible in this first book! And, well, no one wants to be fed that lore through exposition, so Iā€™m going to be bringing in a bunch of characters from various magical families and a magical investigation to get the job done.

Secondly, the wasteling character is going to become more of a character because people seem excited by the idea (originally she was a bit of a throwaway). However, this means that Iā€™m not sure if sheā€™ll still be killable at the start. Not because I donā€™t want to have to write two different paths, but I donā€™t want people to miss out on a whole character arc just because they were a bit trigger happy before they really knew what was going on.

So Iā€™m just taking the demo down for now because there are some things in it that badly need changing, and I hope to have it back-up with the changes and the next chapter in a couple of days.

Itā€™s great to be back and thanks again for all the love and support! It really means the world. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. (I might not have realized that re-opening this thread was going to bump it and I was going to just sneak some silent changes into the main postā€¦as silent as the windā€¦oops. That just means itā€™s time to get serious. :sunglasses:)

44 Likes

No pressure, take your time. This is not your job or your livelihood, so just keep perspective.

Yes we all missed your project, but we waited this long, we will wait however long it might take.

Remember Rome wasnā€™t built in a day, but it was burned to the ground in one day.

10 Likes