Wardens Call [WIP] complete chapter 6- 70k+ words

its fine its fine (/ ‘w’)/

And yes, I’ve decided to implement a save system! hopefully, it works without a hitch.

It isn’t my intent to have the MC seem like they know everything, rather I try to have it seem all new and weird for them. I don’t want the player to not know a single thing though so I choose to have the narration be the explanation for these things that I want you to know.

Maybe I was too focused on this and made it feel imbalanced or poorly said, I’ll look into it!

5 Likes

a lot of scenes are taking much longer than I expected! maybe I should just fluff them down a bit in pathing but then i worry if there would be too much fluff.

Other than that, hopefully, i can have the motivation to work on this every week. Trying to add things in daily hasn’t been working out for me ;w;

7 Likes

Forcing the issue isn’t usually the best way to go about the art of creation. In the case where you feel inspired where you are currently, don’t just force yourself to sit at a desk, and write out your story in just one way.

Use multiple ways to record your thoughts before visiting your designated workstation where you type it all out. Write personal notes in a physical paper notebook you keep with you at all times (or maybe a note keeping app on your personal smart device, phone, or whatever it may be). Use a voice recorder to take verbal notes if you don’t want to manually write in the moment, but rather speak the story to yourself as it evolves into existence. (This one might seem embarrassing at first, but it does help with the back-and-forth that creative writing needs sometimes.)

The real world is important to focus on, but it also has the drawback of being a tad distracting when the flash of inspiration flares to life. Those closest to you may need to be directly told that you have a goal you want to meet by stopping whatever you’re doing to carefully document your thoughts. This is perfectly acceptable for your needs, as long as it’s not too detrimental to your real life obligations offline.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 69 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.