Vita Aeternum(WiP)(1/13/2021 Update)

I found some errors

Neither of the swords cost me anything

After selecting this option there is no text about my character talking to her nor is there an explanation about why there is no text (Maybe you haven’t write it yet, if that is the case sorry)

Here you missplaced an "

Here you writed “ENOugh”

You writed “pesuation” instead of persuasion

Pd: I really like your game, I will be waiting for the next update :slight_smile:

The swords are free for now, just for balancing purposes. Thanks so much for the feedback!

2 Likes

hi
lets just wait for completion, once it is complete then it will be enjoyable.

I don’t have a clue what’s going on. Would I need to have played the Lords of Infinity series to understand this? (Even though it doesn’t appear the setting is at all related…) It seems like the choices are extremely far-reaching, but their effects aren’t actually described in any way whatsoever. e.g. “Hawk shield” somehow means Molnar, Eastern Tribe, +13% strength, +13% agility. But there is absolutely no way for me to know… any of that.

Did you just go to the demo or did you read the description for all of the backgrounds, also there is a codex for all of the houses

I did read the background lore, which told me… absolutely nothing whatsoever.

I hadn’t noticed the codex, but it also doesn’t tell me even half of that information.

That is very interesting, I’m ussually more of a reader that likes for the world to slowly be built around me, rather than reading blocks of lore from the get go. The stats atribution is also meant to be a more natural way of empasising those houses strength(Molnar/Pyoner boosting physical abilities or priams leadership and gusto). Is there any aspect that you felt was particularly lacking in the codex?

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, the thing is, the way it’s structured we do have to read several extremely long blocks of lore before we can even make any sort of slightly informed decision. And most of them aren’t going to relate to us at all. I’d rather you give small amounts of information within the text of the choice itself.

e.g. Even the very first choice, which is… rather complicated, could say “could not travel this far west, since we’re from Imperial Vita, home of both the Vandals and the Pyoners.” You can do similar things with the rest of them. It would mean we don’t need to read nearly as much to have any idea what those choices mean.

2 Likes

I see, in the future I might implement a confirmatiion check in the house selection choice. Also, is anything not particularly clear in the codex? As it is the primary means by wich the player gets to know the houses, I would hate for it to not provide good quality info.

1 Like

It’s not that it’s internally unclear, it just… doesn’t have any obvious connection to what the choices actually do. Even someone who read them would have to go back and forth between the codex and the options before they could process how the information relates.

1 Like

Thank for the feedback, i’ll thinker around with the opening choice. Enjoy the new year!

I know this conversation is over and done with but when your looking at the eastern vandal codex it has the banner of the hawk on it, and when your picking “your parents couldn’t come this far west” option it says that the hawk would’ve looked fantastic, same for Pyoner to

Hello, hopefully everyone had a good festive season(I know i did). The second part of chapter two should be out within the next 3 days. The main event will be a strategic wargaming simulation, scenerio VA, against Amelious and Lucius and a complete set of interactions with Comao Scire and a new character. I have worked to complete all the artwork in the Kit section and it is finally done, you will hopefully be able to explore it in eta 9 days.

The rough estimate for the up and coming word count is roughly 27k words and counting. Next board session will feature individual events for each house.

Blue~ 0% complete
Vandal ~ 20% complete.
Aus ~ 20% complete.
Pyoner ~ 40% complete.
Orphan ~ 60% complete.
(can you tell which houses i like writing for?)

I’m aiming at each one being more than 3k words, 2 of which will provide house locked equipment into the kit.

^ Also added a house confirmation tag as well as some optional names.

7 Likes

House Pendragon

Hahaha, i’m absolutly gobsmacked, how could you say somenthing so bold, so daring.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you are referencing broski.

I’m sorry for the above transgression I have come to reflect on the steps that have taken me this far to the edge and must confess that I repent. In my defense, and not to pass blame, I acknowledge that I did’nt sleep today. The lore has become so fuzzy in my mind, must reread the Infinity series some time soon.

Found five errors…heel,Auri’s,Page_break,Weilder, Socialization

1 Like

I quite enjoyed this demo…There are so many possibilities…This has potential…And I want to know the ranks of the houses…Is the rank of our house Duke, Marquess,earl, viscount,baron…Will customization later added to the game like hair length,hair type,hair color,Eye color,skin color…And some belongings like a family ring, bracelet…

1 Like

Thanks so much, I mean, I do try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. The house rankings will follow someting along the lines of Pyoner(Rex Occisor, Highest posible standing within the Empire), Sevier(Dux, decent enough), Priam(Comes, purely ceremonial as they hold no real land) and Molnar(tributary, symbolising submision to the Empire).

The orphan path cannot gain peerage titles, but can process trough the ranks of splendors if you so choose. I’m in the process of adding some customization option, altough perhaps not for the upcoming update.

As for family locked customization, the Pyoner and Molnar have their apropiate exclusive swords already avalible in the kit. I will soon add another such item for the Aus and Molnar, then I will double back to the house of blue. Pyoner will have it’s own nasty surprise, I suppose.

I’m litrally working on the cover art rn and will probably bang it out in the coming two hours or so. That will give a taste of things to come.

I actually have a question about the former Empress, is she dead?

Haha, she wishes. But, no just chiling in the middle of the sea, napoleon style. She would actually not be that old in terms of the chronology bearly entering the middle age.

1 Like