Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster

@Nocturnal_Stillness Heh, yep, that’s where it’s likely to happen quite a bit. In Chapter One it’s also possible during the ‘Hellion raid’ sequence method of avenging Billy the Nose – Carlo Marconi being one of the four you approach for that.

@Shoelip As @RupertDragoul (now there’s a memory to be proud of!) says, Maria Ginelli is indeed intended to be a possible romance option (under exactly the right circumstances) and of all the current & planned female characters in Vendetta, she would probably come closest to fitting your actual description.

At present, cupid only twangs that particular bow if you specifically choose the Ginelli route at the end of Chapter Two, but that may not necessarily remain the case. There is a situation later on (a major upheaval in the local underworld) during which all of the main storyline routes overlap to some extent – each from their own perspective – so it’s now possible Maria will also figure more prominently along one or more of the other routes, as a direct consequence of that significant event… I’m sorry if that sounds a little cryptic, but I really don’t want to spoil things too much just yet.

@Vendetta I don’t mind not being spoiled for things I’m looking forward to.

@RupertDragoul See, that’d all be well and good if she was just his daughter… but apparently she’s his daughter, and also a sexy bad ass gun toting crazy woman. I can’t even imagine how that could possibly turn out good for you. Think about it. If you try to charm her by being your real crazy violent self her dad will kill you for putting his princess in danger. If you keep in her father’s good graces, you’ll bore her.

It’s a trap!

Nice to see you Vendetta :slight_smile: Will a full playtest be released or will it be just Chapter 1 demo until the whole game comes out for purchase?

And another question, is it possible to have Carina work for you without Big Jim beating you up?

@Shoelip True, but then we don’t know just how much of an extreme personality she has for now, and there may possibly be other ways of successfully enticing her without antagonising her father. We’re operating on a lot of unknowns for the time being, it could be a sound if risky, strategic decision, or simply schmuck bait, we can only wait and see.

Like most of the game, it seems that you have to strive for a sensible compromise on the risk/reward scale in order to make any real, sustainable progress. Take too many risks early on, and even if you succeed in the initial challenge, you’ll end up painting a big target on your forehead for the police and other criminal factions, long before you can offer meaningful resistance to them. Likewise, play too conservatively with too few risks and you’ll lose many valuable opportunities which will be snapped up by your competitors, and in turn ensure that you stay a powerless nobody surrounded by powerful enemies just waiting to bump you off.

It’s the strategic challenge of taking calculated risks while considering all the relevant factors in your decision (like the pros and cons of courting Ginelli’s daughter that we brought up) that make this game, and indeed all COG games of this scale, so appealing to me.

@Caruzzo Thanks. :slight_smile:

1. The closed beta playtest will continue in due course (see previous posts on the subject if interested / not signed up), but the public Demo will only ever be Chapter 1.

2. It is still possible, yes – see ***SPOILERS*** mentioned about half way down pg.2 of this thread (in response to @MaraJade, I believe it was).

The bosses daughter! Damn, so dangerous it’s appealing, like waving that Forbidden fruit right in front of your nose :slight_smile: could also play out like the movie- El cartel (awesome movie), where you date the bosses daughter well working your way up, then pop the old boy and take over, ruling your new empire with a bloodly iron fist

@Vendetta So how far away is the Closed beta test could you give an estimate?

@DreamWalker It is my intention for Maria to become a very significant character in the second half of the game, under the right circumstances, simply because that storyline has so much potential in so many different ways – of which romance is only one such possibility and would in itself add variety to everything else.

@jps175 Not with any real accuracy, no. The playtest site itself needs updating to work properly with the latest version of ChoiceScript, and that relies entirely on someone else who has very little spare time available before Christmas. For my part, aside from the eight or nine new scenes being added to Chapter Two, I also want to resume the playtest with a significant chunk of new stuff for Chapters 3 & 4. For the most part a lot of these storylines take place over several weeks, so it’s hard to offer constructive feedback when you see only a part of it. Big chunks is the way we’ll be doing things in future.

All considered, my best guess is that we probably won’t be resuming the playtest this year, although if the playtest site itself is working properly again by Christmas, then I’ll also try to put up a significant update for the holidays.

Current Playtesters: I should add that the playtest site may well go down sometime during the next three weeks while the necessary changes are implemented, and then will reappear with the new stuff once we’re ready to resume things properly. For those of you who currently have access from last time around, feel free to play it in the meanwhile but be aware that the actual (saves) database will probably at that point have to be completely wiped for a fresh start.

Everyone hope for a Christmas Miracle™.

Christmas Miracle™ is a registered trademark of Walmart Stores Inc.

Lol

What is A Walmart Stores? a big supermarket? There is noone in spain

@Shoelip :smiley: =D>

Demo: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82562041/web/vendetta1/index.html
WIP Games Hub: http://choicescriptdev.wikia.com/wiki/Vendetta:_Rise_of_a_Gangster
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Rise.of.a.Gangster
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/vendetta_game

@MaraJade Being an employee of the big W, I would say that’s a very good thing.

@MaraJade Walmart is an american chain of super-super-markets. They sell everything a super market does, plus clothes and jewelry and video games and everything else… They sell it at lower prices than everyone else, and they do that by treating their employees worse than most companies in America (many can’t afford to shop anywhere but walmart) and coercing their suppliers into decreasing production costs of their products by decreasing quality so they can sell them cheaper, among other things.

Ohh, sounds awful. Here there is a minimum salary of 600 euros like 700 dollars and you couldn’t be paid less than this, but that makes many people dont employ people legally and use black market. And we have a horribly unemployed rate. But if we have a contract we have at least a minimum to live.

First comment ever, lurker for almost a year, any chance i can join the close beta

@Pepper I can’t promise anything (it depends how many of the old playtesters are still active / respond to an email when I contact them) but anyone interested in joining the closed beta once it resumes can PM me their email address and I’ll gladly them to the list.

I almost cried when I saw this thread.
Cause I almost couldn’t believe it.
But I restrained myself.
Edit: Still down for the Closed Beta, Vendetta, old sport.

@Zed Good to see you’re still around, too. The playtest wouldn’t be quite the same without our legendary ‘if it moves, shoot it’ tester. :smiley: