Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster -- Reinvented

It is an old forum joke That someday Jim and @Vendetta here will made a Gangster Zombie game. Sadly is a joke. Because I swear if @JimD and @Vendetta launch an app VENDETTA THE RISE OF THE ZOMBIE GANGSTERS with a good art cover… it would sell as crazy A zombie dressed like a ganster with a tommie would sell MILLIONS

3 Likes

Honestly, we have discussed a future collaboration.

22 Likes

If you both do that sign me in day one as idea consultant or beta something lol.

3 Likes

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/574/takemymoney.jpg

12 Likes

I voted for the two-stage release because sometimes it can be useful to just get something out there as a kernel that can be built upon, but my advice fwiw is to do whatever will do the most to get your creative energies engaged on a consistent basis after the long hiatus. We’ll adapt either way.

6 Likes

Wise words, as always. The way the poll is shaping up, although it seems holding off wouldn’t be considered such a bad thing overall — which is a relief — the almost-one-third hoping for something sooner is also not insignificant.

A compromise of sorts might be a good thing here. Thinking about it, it would certainly be helpful (and even potentially very useful) to me to invite some focused feedback on the “starter stuff” mentioned for the Two-Stage Release — i.e. the skin of the thing, before everyone (inevitably) gets distracted by the meat… First impressions, and all that.

We could maybe do this just a week or two before the full release, while undergoing final testing / putting the finishing touches to the whole, so those roughly-one-third interested could take a peek / offer their initial thoughts, and those preferring to hold off will also know that they don’t have too much longer to wait.

How’s that sound, guys? A fair compromise?

17 Likes

That is a very fair compromise indeed… and you are a considerate person :-):stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t care what you choose due I trust you choose what it best for you. You are the one writing, the system hs to work for you lol. it doesn’t work for you certainly won’t work for anyone. :slight_smile: If you need some private testing or something count me on. Or If only want release steam insulting the universe :wink:

8 Likes

And…we’re back to normal with us disagreeing as usual. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In a word: yes. But what Mara said, do whatever works and feels right to you. We’ll offer our comments either way whenever you choose to upload something anyway.

Oh, dear, have you roped Havenstone, Gower and Moreau into it too by any chance?

5 Likes

That would provoke a Orgy of nerdgasm in forum lol…

7 Likes

Ah okay, clearly I misinterpreted.

1 Like

This game reminds me so much of the original Mafia 1 (which also had some story sections take place during the American Prohibition Era) also The Godfather and Goodfellas. Were you inspired by any of these by any chance?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say “inspired by” so much as maybe “influenced by” – Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster is actually based on a multiplayer strategy game I first released way back in 1986, but has of course been influenced by many other games, novels, movies and documentaries / biographies since then… Hard not to be! :slight_smile:

[Dragged the above recent post into here from another forum topic.]

Not actually ‘hibernation’, I’m pleased to say–just been dealing with another of life’s curve balls. Progress on the game has been steady (if unspectacular) over the past 2-3 months. With limited time to actually write consistently, when time allowed I’ve instead been coding some features for the mid-late game stages, which will make things easier / quicker to include actual narrative for in the long run. It’s all necessary stuff, if not particularly useful for my short-term goal of getting a new Public Demo out there. I’ve more actual free time on my hands now, so the focus has switched back accordingly.

My biggest problem at the moment is wrestling with my inner critic… The sooner I get that annoying little imp locked up in a cupboard, the happier I’ll be! :smiley:

32 Likes

Am I remembering correctly that I can romance Rosie as a woman when the time comes? Because I recall I found her ever so intriguing!

1 Like

Have you made a new and improved Dashingdon demo link to Vendetta? Or do we still have to play from the old public demo?

1 Like

You know if you ever need help leading the little git into a corner…you know where I am :wink:

4 Likes

images%20(42)

7 Likes

I’m in love and very interested in a beta :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Your memory is faultless – her vocation notwithstanding, Rosie Mallory is indeed a lesbian. There are also a number of bisexual characters, of both genders, although this is not always immediately apparent (especially as one or two don’t even admit it to themselves).

It’s still the old link at the moment, I’m afraid. My plans for the New Public Demo are discussed in the Oct 7 post a short scroll up.

A show of muscle might just do the trick… :wink:

You and me both! :smiley:

6 Likes

This is 1920’s 'Murica, not exactly a gay-friendly place by any means. :unamused:
To the outside world gay couples were room or housemates, which was a bit more common phenomenon among unmarried straight men too in those days.
Ironically I think it would get more scrutiny once the mc and their lover (hopefully Adamo in my case) can actually comfortably afford to live in a mansion.

3 Likes