Vanguard; Band of Mercenaries (WiP) Thread

no… I’d much rather have the classic Cataphracts

I have never read that, nor do I realise why you’ve complimented me, but I’ll take it as a good, gracious compliment! Thank you!

1 Like

You had me at ‘manipulate your comrades’ and ‘fight off the supernatural’.

3 Likes

I really loved the idea, I can not wait for the demo! :heart:
Perhaps the novel might have beyond the options you gave may have with any member of the government or a rival group (a classic Forbidden Love).

Maybe when you start your own Band of Mercenaries. Right now this is just to help set the scene.

2 Likes

interesting too say the least i am keeping an eye on this

1 Like

Glad you like the idea!

I love the idea of starting as a lower member in the band at first! Can’t wait for the demo!

Thank you all for waiting, but unfortunately I’ve hit a hard point in the development of Vanguard.

And that is how you would like me to interpret the creatures and monsters that you will be facing. Would you prefer the original Renaissance/Medieval Europe depiction, the Japanese/Modern depiction, or would you like a hybrid of the two?

If you wish to know why I state the Japanese depiction, it is because currently there has been a lot of artwork done by Japanese artists on European mythology and while some of it is in mainstream media. I believe that following some depictions and interpretations will be easier for the reader/you to digest.

I would appreciate it if you could give me your opinion. I would hate having to write down the creatures and monsters one way only to have found out that others would much likely prefer the other.

1 Like

I’m… not sure I understand what you’re asking. :sweat_smile: Are you asking if we prefer to see the old mythological interpretation of creatures and monsters as opposed to the mainstream media versions we might see of them nowadays? Like, for example, we all know what the modern day Werewolf is like, but there’s the Wulver and Faoladh from Scottish and Irish folklore/mythology respectively, both of which are non-hostile werewolves that are more akin to guardian spirits than the monsters we constantly think of them as.

If I had to pick, I think I’d rather see a hybridization of the two. :thinking:

Yep! Basically what you’ve summed up from my hodgepodge of wording!

1 Like

If you want some ideas on how to write medieval mercenary companies I would heartily recommend Christian Cameron/Miles Cameron’s William Gold series, and the Traitor Son Cycle. As the authors covers it fairly well.

2 Likes

I prefer the Reneisance Medieval style format personally. But take other opinions into consideration too. Only you can really decide how you want your story to be!

Please do not post in WiPs that have not been active recently. If the author would like this reopened, PM me or one of the moderators and we’ll be happy to.

Thanks for all the opinions it really helps out in the research department when it comes down to it.

No problem, no problem at all. Sorry for not saying anything for a month and a half. I was banned.

I apologize for something like that happening to you. I do hope you are taking steps in order to avoid such a situation like that from happening again.

1 Like

Indeed I have.

God I hate the character limit.