UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

All good to know. Are people happy with the presets or are there other things youd like a choice on?

Well I did notice that I had 100% humanity again last play through, might be nice to tell how much we bartered away previous game, and for what.

Iā€™ll double check but Iā€™m sure its coded to give you 100% again for season two as a whole part of Ren trying to control your use of Shade is them trying to protect you so when you absorb them you eventually regain the ā€œcostā€ they set for you.

Still considering changing how humanity is used. for awhile been thinking of making it recover a little each episode, otherwise players who always pick the highest boost wouldnā€™t have any to offer for future upgrades

1 Like

I donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about, itā€™s not like I almost ended with 10-0 humanityā€¦:sweat_smile:

Another option is to have some activities replenish it, depending on how you see humanity, of course.

Like if you see it being about emotional connections, then going out with the RO, or visiting the family, or bonding time with coworkers might replenish it.

If you see it as being about empathy, then when the PC shows mercy or the like might replenish it.

It can also be tied to the will stat(Iā€™m not sure if it was used for anything).

Oh, I just figured that was a free boost to our powers, I wasnā€™t aware of the regaining our humanity aspect. I also wondered who I was altering the contract with after we absorbed Ren.
Speaking of Ren though, I kinda miss the little guy. Never did sit well that I had to murder my (9 year old?) self.
Question, did the humanity stat work as a check variable for anything in the first book, or was it just there?

My main MC is all-rounded with the Azure power dateing Denise, and th. SRT gat a reprieve.
My secondary MC is all-rounded with the shade power alone, and the SRT was shut down.

I try to aim for what my character ended with which is well rounded, stuck to using shade, the SRT was given a reprieve, and started dating Victor.

There were checks in the first seasons. The main one results in a hallucination. There were others that unlocked additional choices, and additions to text where you display more violence or your power killing someone instinctively

1 Like

I also unlocked the teleport power with my main MC

If I remember right, we need to absorb atleast 4 souls before getting that power?

You only need one iirc

Couldnā€™t we also teleport with shade using shadows somehow? I feel like I remember something like that, but I donā€™t feel like playing season one again to check until the save feature is added.

@Nocturnal_Stillness donā€™t tell me if Iā€™m right or wrong. I just want my theory on record.

Fan Theory

Iā€™m guessing that shade teleportation will be like when we used shade to find the gremlins on the plane , but then weā€™ll step into a shadow and step out of a shadow where we wonā€™t to go. Plus, short trips are easier because they would require less searching to find the right ā€œdoorā€ to step out of.

1 Like

Not yet but there are plans to allow Shade users to gain a similar ability to the Azurean Shimmer likewise a chance for Azure to gain Shimmer without having to get a soul for it.

2 Likes

Rolled with all rounder shade(shade powers felt bit better then azure imo) with srt given reprive
Also Denise best girl

Spent the weekend trying to divide 24 cases into the final four episodes and have settled on this road map. So below in spoiler tags in-case you would prefer to wait and see are the current plans for all cases in the future episodes (3-6)
[Please note: Cases marked with a * are mutallly exclusive and also will spoil part of the story]

Episode Three

Buried

Shadows

In my head

Urban Tales

Episode Four

Little Red

Demonology

From Dust

The damned and the dead

Who Snows (if orb not strengthened)*

Lullaby* (if orb not strengthened)*

Episode Five

Drained

Azurean Dreams

Witches and Warlocks

Snakes and ladders

Who Snows (if orb strengthened)*

Lullaby (if orb strengthened)*

Episode Six

Puppet on a string

Memories

Let the dead lie

The only good oneā€¦

ā€¦is a dead one

Grim Hello

Iā€™m surprised no-one pointed out there is only 23 cases hidden behind spoilers. This is because the 24th case ironically called The Twelfth Key belongs to the secondary protagonist and is what their main plotline.

10 Likes

Still been making plans for the last four episodes. Originally was going to have a bunch of possible new recruits and letting players recruit as many people as they had the spaces for. But its proving more coding than I would like so instead there will be a set pool of potential recruits and each episode from 3 onwards you can recruit a single new member so by the end of the season you will have recruited four more members of Silver Cross Inc.

Here are the possible recruits so far;

Name: Cassandra Brown.
Description: 5'6, bright pink hair that contrasts her dark skin. An athletic and muscular body, clearly a gym bunny.
Background: A former member of the Boston Branch of the S.R.T. and one of the founders of that branch's covert operations Omega Unit.

Name: Jennifer Li.
Description: 5'2, short black hair in a bob. A small but wiry frame. Deals with pressure well.
Background: A former veterinarian who was training specifically to deal with unnatural animals.

Name: Marie Bowden.
Description: 5'2 auburn hair style in a bob with jade eyes. A thin build combined with a shy personality.
Background:A former member of the SRT who worked with Unit Gamma. Has two years experience.

Name: Samuel Thorn.
Description: 5'11 short gray hair combined with gray eyes lend to his stern figure. A lanky build but confidence still exudes from his body.
Background: A former member of the SRT who worked with Unit Gamma. Has twenty years experience.

Name: Redacted
Description: Unknown
Background: Redacted.

So four ready and working on profile number five. Profiles six to twelve will be revealed as the games progress :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Makes sense my one question would be how many would we be able to start with for example would it just be our RO and us or would all of the gamma roster join up with us and then weā€™d choose from the remaining choices up to the minimum four?

Any main npc from Gamma who survived.
(Ashley/Denise/Anthony/Austin/Lakota/Scarlet/Victor/Craig/Sarah/Casey)
including two who arent teammates (Elizabeth and Alice) if they survived.

2 Likes