United We Stand - Political WIP

Yep, maybe born out of frustration though as that is still too deep of a class divide to ever make work in the 1930’s, particularly when going for a conservative, authoritarian monarchy.
On the other hand for an aristo mc the Prince -> Falk, for both of the other women the reverse is true and they’re again both still surprisingly good ro’s for being fascist sympathizers and all.

5 Likes

Has anyone in the forum had a conversation about what our respective MC’s looked like in our heads?

My Solidarity MC looks like Vasily from “Enemy at The Gates” (Good movie, even with no Russian accents)

2 Likes

Ooh, younger Jude Law.
I based mine of off this pic of Wentworth Miller, including the nice and very broad shoulders as that really shows he comes from a life of hard-labour before entering politics and of course to this day he doesn’t consider himself to actually be a politician.

It might also make him one of the few mixed-race prominent people in Moravia, even if he does look like the Aryan ideal and thus a mixed race mongrel race-traitor to the Nazi’s and perhaps even Riga’s “New Order” fascists to boot.

4 Likes

Fixed it. :wink: :blush:

My MC is represented in Hollywood movies by:

grace

Grace Kelly :heart:

5 Likes

I picture my Solidarity MC as looking like Alba/Lidia from Las Chicas del Cable.

3 Likes

Franz and my MC at the ball.

4 Likes

I’ve always viewed my female characters as an Ann Sheridan

https://www.google.com/search?q=ann+sheridan&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbgPu-34DWAhVm6YMKHdjMD2MQ_AUIECgB&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=oSI4v6ghYHVQyM:

And my male I imagine as Philip Marlowe

https://www.google.com/search?q=philip+marlowe&client=safari&hl=en-us&tbm=isch&prmd=vin&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK7ejZ34DWAhXC5YMKHVKvBu0Q_AUIDygC&biw=375&bih=559&dpr=2#imgrc=svN0MFlegrccKM:

1 Like

How do you get images to show

1 Like

I download the images and then upload them; they show for me that way

Ways to avoid working #1007:

Compose a spotify playlist of the ‘sound’ of the sequel of your as yet unfinished, unpublished WIP

Yeah, that’s a productive way to spend your time…

If you’re interested:

(For those who haven’t read about 500 posts back, basically I’d love to write a sequel set in 1983 when whatever regime you create in United We Stand is on the brink of collapse)

12 Likes

Unlikely. There has been zero talk of race in any of my NO playthroughs. Light defense of religion, but that’s expected. I roleplay an Athiest NO MP, he certainly couldn’t give a flip about race. Riga hasn’t mentioned anything close to race, either. They would probably even hate the Nazis out of fear, like pretty much everyone did. The game isn’t completed yet, so I may be wrong, though.

Yes. Just, yes. I’d love to see my MC evolve and begin to question his own beliefs.

3 Likes

I think you play a new mc in the sequel, though maybe a child or even grandchild of the original might be a possibility.

5 Likes

@idonotlikeusernames @Voldy

Yeah, the MC would be 81 in 1983 so that wouldn’t be such a fun game I think. I thought the MC for the sequel would be the son/daughter of your UWS MC or if you don’t engage in a straight relationship then a nephew/niece. I also sort of assumed your UWS MC would be dead by the time of the sequel, and the game would open with you attending the funeral of either Rosa Wulf or Viktor Riga depending on UWS playthrough

9 Likes

Sounds amazing. A story where the MC’s son, daughter, nephew or niece tries to politically follow in their ancestor’s footsteps would be interesting, especially against the backdrop of the 80s.

3 Likes

Will you open the heavily involved in the political establishment. And that seems to imply the child is going to be no child but in their late thirties not early forties. And I take it regardless of the ending if you beat the game your former main characters going to be the hero or one of the heroes of the regime.

3 Likes

Provided my mc gets to make his heroic last stand in the epilogue then that would certainly be true for my “canon” playthrough. I would suggest including at least one scene with the mc’s brother/sister (I’d prefer a younger brother for our mc, cause of the way surnames tended to work in the Europe of this era and children of a sister would almost certainly have a different surname) somewhere in the game though, maybe attending their wedding once we become minister or briefly hiding out in their home during coup preparations.
As otherwise the nephew/niece angle might feel too unconnected for returning players.

Well the new mc would probably be a child of privilege and part of the elite regardless, but to what extent they’re involved in the regime prior to the opening of the game, other then being part of a family that has profited from it may be up to the player, with pro’s and cons either way.

Late 20’s early thirties could still be possible too, powerful men tend to father more children later in life after all and that might be why a younger brother for the mc might work best. Plus depending on how much younger said brother is the new mc could be born anywhere in the 1950’s or even early 1960’s.

2 Likes

Will Moravia gain any power or influence depending on how you play the game? I’m under the impression that it’s a pretty small country.

Oooooo we should be able to influence international alliances, it is the Cold War after all! You could side with the Soviets or the Americans (Solidarity is not necessarily pro Soviet after all) and watch how that effects Moravia in culture and government

4 Likes

Honestly I can see the main character that’s already in their early thirties. Possibly having a child in the fifties. But it would be different for the female protagonist. They can actually easily be the grandchild if it’s taking place in the late seventies and early eighties. Let’s see if they settle down and have a child by 36.

1 Like