UNDERCOVER: Omega (WIP) - Updated on 11/5/21

I just played the demo and I really liked it.
I like the omegaverse and am really looking forward to the update.

1 Like

I saw the title a few times in passing and thought for sure Omega was just a code word. Even giggled a bit every time I saw it. Finally got around to checking the post out and did a double take when it was an omegaverse fic lmao. I’ve never seen one before! As a trans man, omegaverse had been my favourite trope to play with as a teen. Will be checking the demo out xD

2 Likes

When I first saw the word omega paired with the gender locked male tag, my first thought was, “oh fuck who let this trope escape from the shackles of BL comics/fanfics?” :joy:

Too short to tell anything yet but it’s pretty interesting so far! I like being thrown face first into crisis but the villain’s dialogues sound kinda corny to me lol is that intentional?

Anyways, I suggest you flesh out the first chapter before writing the second one because it’s so short that it feels like the second part of the prologue instead. Good luck with your WIP!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Uaaahh!! (>w<) I’m still new to writing. I’m very sorry if their dialogue came off as corny.

Chapter one is still incomplete, that’s why the one in the demo is very short.

3 Likes

Good News - (Just a little status update.)

Hello, everyone! I’ve got some good news for all of you.

I finally made some progress on the revamp after a whole week of busyness. It’s not much, but it’s definitely going somewhere. Chapter One is now on 2.5k words, which is more or less half of the number of words I’m aiming for the whole chapter.

Here's a little sneak peek, which I'm putting under the cut.

It’s okay. I can do this.

It’s not like the man can do anything to me in an elevator that is full of people. Right?

After taking a deep breath, I work up my courage and turn to look back at the man who has now turned his face away. Funny how he decides to look away from me this time.

Muttering apologies to people as I try to pass them and avoiding different feet within this tight space, I finally reach the man. Though he doesn’t seem to register my presence, or maybe he’s just acting like he doesn’t notice me since he’s just standing and looking at the side.

I fake a cough, making him turn in my direction with a sheepish look on his face. So I am right with him just acting.

“You probably noticed me staring at you, huh?” He asked, making me nod in response.

“Yes, and I would have ignored it if you just looked the other way instead of smiling. More than that, you just acted like you didn’t notice me when I started approaching you.”

Thank you for reading, and stay safe! (^o^)

21 Likes

Are there no female RO’s?

well your MC is a male, and the game has male pregnancies, so I guess it’s safe to assume it’s gonna be exclusively m/m romance?

I’m sorry for the late reply. I read this comment two days ago, but I can’t reply since I used my tablet and not my laptop.

To answer your question, no, there won’t be any female ROs in the game.

I’m still debating on the idea, but I will probably add female ROs in books 2 and 3.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

Author’s request to reopen thread.

Status Update

I apologize for not updating here in the forum. I have been posting updates on my Tumblr, and I was not able to post them here.

Here is the status update (that explains my absence) which I posted on my Tumblr:

Sneak peek for the revised Prologue:

Art made by Me:
I finished this weeks ago but kinda forgot to upload it. (^3^)

I will not be updating for a long while, but I have made a discord server to communicate with all of you.

20 Likes

Do not worry about that. I’d rather wait for a demo because I want the creator to have time to do creative work that that creator likes too :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yeayyy, happy ur back^^ tbh your health and private life should always come first, and the interested reader stays and waits for updates(if the content’s that cool, the inner simp in me will always lure me back lol). And there’s plenty more like me I’m sure. Just keep posting and…make summ spice with the updates😻

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Frankex_2272 and @NervousPenguin for the kind messages! I’m doing alright, but I’m currently focusing on my education which is why the game will be on hiatus.

Speaking of spice… I added something new to the game. I won’t tell what though, it’s going to be a secret until I release the revamped demo. Aside from that, I’m also considering on making the MC and Ezekiel gender-selectable once I get my laptop fixed or once I have more free time.

10 Likes

Good News - (Just a little status update and announcement for a possible new WIP.)

The laptop I was using finally got fixed, however, I probably won’t get it until next week or so.

As for the story, the prologue is definitely lengthier than before. And aside from that, I’ve also tried to improve my writing skills a bit by reading books and tips online.

I wasn’t gonna upload a status update until I get the laptop, but I just feel so happy. (^o^)/

Putting that topic aside, what do you guys think about an SAO and a Dream SMP inspired IF? This idea has been on my mind for so long and I really want to make an IF for it.

19 Likes

I’m unsure on the timeline of the prologue. Is this a flashback? A future vision? Foreshadowing? Did it actually just happen? The MC is apparently there, but it seems weird for him to know about it. Is it part of his past that he doesn’t remember? Or is the “I” in the prologue not the MC?

Overall I like it so far. One minor criticism about the bantering between the ccpf people. It seems a little out of place in a high stress situation. Maybe thats just me.

After choosing the taunt the oponent response, there is a [/i showing in the text.

Don’t stress much on rewriting I’d say. I’ve been told that you’re not qualified to revise chapter 1 until you have written chapter 2. I’ve tried to obey that rule.

I look forward to seeing where the story goes.

4 Likes

I’m currently revising everything that I’ve written in the demo. To answer your question, the events in the prologue is a foreshadowing of what will happen at the end of book 1.

But the new prologue will be unlike the one in the demo as it introduces the book’s villain, Mammon, and will be written in a different POV.

4 Likes

Hm, a different POV, so for the new prologue the MC won’t be there at all? Will it be something I could skip without missing important information? I don’t particularly like spoilery POV swaps.

Thank you so much for the feedback. :slight_smile:

I’m still a beginner when it comes to writing and I keep getting writer’s block quite often. But these past few months gave me enough time to sort things out and find some ideas.

Hopefully I can start coding both the prologue and chapter 1 as soon as my laptop is fixed.

3 Likes