Twists of Fate (A working title)

@MaraJade Well actually there are a few ways to get that depravity score up. Instead of calming the cat, choose to put it down. Also if you fail your test as a ranger, yes you can fail it, you get a direct path choice of going down a darker path.

@Aquila Spoiler is a spoiler, and I would not want to spoil anything for you.

oh i could set fire half of village and loot the bodies but kittens are my weakness :-(( i couldn’t kill the kitty hmm why don’t you add a choice like
“yeah i pass that stupid task ; it was easy but i don’t want follow that stupidly past traditions of balance world is not about balance is about power humans show that conquering all i was tired of elf suppose nature laws and whatever than the only idea of adoring the moon makes you desire hang all your tribe in their pretty sacred tree”

Do not worry there will plenty more options down the line to take a more sinister route. Although you might not like the first romance choice because of who and what they are, but then again you could try corrupting them…

the more funny thing in bioware games its corrupting your friends lovers @Pace675 i like your game so far there will be some blood magic? also i look foward to some zevran elf sexy cameo maybe in a brothel? :smiley:

1 Like

I hope so. That’s I get summoned most of the time!

found this error when i looked for clues

line 851: bad label ranger_path_seven_three

found another one when i acepted the evil godess offer

line 1077: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

Wait @djma46 how did u get that scen?

It reminded me of the Dalish elves in Dragon Age, and the demo was really interesting. Looking forward to what’s in store.

@djma46 Great catches and demo updated and fixed.

Fun demo but I want one of the little kitties :smiley:

Maybe you could kill the mom and raise them as your own >:) I’m evil that way…

I like it. Normally I don’t play anything set in fantasy worlds without knowing the entire setting first since there are so many and most of those worlds are boring. I can’t say anything about your setting yet but the writing style is good minus the grammar stuff. I shouldn’t complain though.

Is there a reason I can’t pick up certain options early in? I couldn’t choose the blade or the option to find out who is watching me. Only played once so far and I’m gonna choose differently next time and see.

the warrior path and the figure out whose watching you aren’t finished yet.

BTW, will the sword option lead to being a guard or solider? though i doubt most elfs become soliders

I like this game so far I really do

@God_of_Demonz you do know that these little kitties will grow to be about 650 pounds…just think how big of a litter box you would need to carry around with you…

About the fighter path that is still worked through without adding wand waving. But it will lean more to a duelist type of style where speed and finesse will be the class strong point.

And actually if you make the right decisions before you journey into the woods, you will be able to select that option. But the only way to get that path arc is to try the same sex romance path that states that you had a romantic interest. But in the long run you will find the source of who is watching you with interest.

@assassinsat If you find any grammar issues can you give me a partial sentence, MS Word and Grammarly sometimes miss stuff when I toss in the code.

And the answer to your question is in my 3rd paragraph response to God_of_Demons.

@Blackheart Thank you very much, and that gives me encouragement to continue forth.

@Aquila Sorry about the very tardy response but I missed that first question. The answer is this: I never gave it a full though, but as I think about it yes it can play out. But when dealing with bdsm, I think only implied meaning should be presented with an option, so to leave it to the player’s imagination. So tl;dr a possible mention alluding to more randier things is quite possible.

Since it has been brought up a couple of times I will give this little tidbit of information, and the way I have things planned out. The journey in this game is that the destination is your goal, but is it really? As I mentioned before, you will be able to break away from the narrative of the game if the MC chooses to go their own way, but that route will not give you the whole story. Just the MC’s story and what/if any effects they would have on the world.

I have this game planned in stages where 1.0.0 is the full beta release. 0.1.0 Is the intro so as you guessed it I have nine more stages to go. I tend to reserve 9 as a indicator a full segment release. So 0.1.9 would mean a lot of new content than needs to be tested. If each segment comes close to the intro *shudders at the thought* we are looking at 70k-100k words, so this will take some time, but the good news is; this tale has been itching to get out for nearly a decade so that is boon. Knowing the story and where it is going…only have to write it now XD.

The way I am going to go about making this game is this way, Do all of the main story segments first, so people will see where the part of the story is going. This includes all romance paths and divergent paths from the narrative. Then go back and add in all of the random encounters (There will be set fixed encounters already preplanned so yes there will be combat) but you will see in text Random Encounter: True/False but no battle as it will be added in later.

Now I do need a little input help on a segment of code that has me perplexed. It works perfectly fine with the mage path but Ranger/Shadow path it will break and only allow for the beastriry to be selected. Heh I know I am pushing the limits to Choicescript_stats.txt but if I add a button it would hinder a hosted release I do believe. I would prefer not having to make a wiki…

`
*label Additional_Info
*choice
#Additional information
*goto ADD_I
#Resume Game
*finish

*label ADD_I

*choice
#Bestiary
*goto animal
*if ((ismu) and (job = “Mage”))
#Known Mage Spells
*goto mage
*if ((ismu) and (job = “Ranger”))
*goto ranger
*if ((ismu) and (job = “Shadow”))
*goto shadow
*selectable_if (map) #World Map
#World Lore
*goto Lore

*label animal
*choice
#Return to top menu.
*goto Additional_Info
*if (cat) #Shirka
(Execptionally Rare)The shirka is the largest known feline known to every to be seen. The large preditoray cat weighing in at close to 650 pounds and measuring just under eleven
feet in lenght. The most destinguishing feature of these great cats are the foot long canines and twin tails.
*goto animal

*label Ranger

*choice
#return to top menu
*goto Additional_Info
#Charm Animal
Will attempt to charm an animal to your side. Some highly train and loyal animals can resist this spell.
*goto ranger
#Summon mount.
Will summon a mount if there are any near by. Once summoned the summoned animal will stay with the ranger until released from service or if the animal or Ranger dies.
Can only be used once.
*goto Ranger

*label Shadow
*choice
#Return to top menu.
*goto Additional_Info
#Bind Animal
Will attempt to bind an animal to you will, some animals will try and resist.
*goto shadow
#Summon Mount.
Will summon a mount if there are any near by. Once summoned the summoned animal will stay with the ranger until released from service or if the animal or Ranger dies.
Can only be used once.
*goto shadow
*goto shadow

*label mage
*choice
#Return to top menu.
*goto Additional_Info
#Force Bolt
(20 mp normal cast cost) Bolts of force shoot from the cast hands unerringly strike the caster’s target.
*goto mage
#Tongues.
(10mp flat cost) Temporarily be able to speak and understand a foreign languge.
*goto mage
#Spark
(20mp normal cost) Sends forth a small spark of lighting from your finger tips towards a target.
*goto mage
*goto mage.

*label map

*goto additional_info

*label lore
*choice
#Elven history
Blah blah
*goto lore
#World History
Yadda yadda
*goto lore
#The Patheon
Like list of the deities!!!
*goto lore
#Return to top menu.
*goto additional_info
*goto lore
`

Also anything really fun in store for the mages and I noticed the job named shadow what is that exactly

I’m not the best person to comment on grammar since my own is bad.

So I can’t try the blade without choosing a same sex relationship? And is the blade more like a longsword?

@Blackheart Hmm that is a possibility, but I am thinking of more of an Easter egg event, heh I can think of a few tireless troupes I could use.

@assassinsat Let me clarify a little. You can be any class regardless of player sex or orientation. Right now the warrior path is unavailable to all, due to fact where the MC will go where sword and steel and a keen wit will not be enough. I will say I am working on trying to include that class.

As for the blade I should have elaborated more, yes it is a longsword.

But you can be a ranger or shadow that focuses on melee in lieu of being a master archer.

@assassinsat Thanks. I’ll be looking forward to seeing this complete. Good luck