Trouble displaying choices


#1

Hey everyone. Noobie. Have a bit of programming experience but I’m stuck. It’s really rather frustrating, but it seems like a simple problem.

I spent a bit of time writing a scene, but it won’t display any of the choices but the first one. It looks to me like all my indentation is just fine, so I’m not sure if it’s something in the body of my choices or what. I’ve gotten other choices to work, but whenever I try to run these, it will only display the first choice.

Here’s the code:

*choice
	#Keep silent. You'd rather pay attention to your surroundings than spend energy on your captors.
		You focus your blurred vision on the surroundings as you are being dragged away. There are a few other soldiers scurrying about, examining bodies, removing weapons, and piling 
corpses. Seeing the huge hole in the ramparts directly above where you laid unconscious, a memory comes flooding back. Having scaled that wall, you were fighting along the narrow guardway. 
Your enemies were no match for you as you felled one after the other with brutal efficiency and single-minded focus. Suddenly a whooshing sound; you look to your right, just soon enough to
see a huge boulder fly through the air and smash into the wall just below where you stand. Then blackness. 

Judging by the pile of bodies all around you, you may have been the only survivor. Again.  

*goto chains
	#Try to pull yourself from their grasp. You'll die before you undergo an interrogation.
		You roar as your muscles tense, surging to life at your demand, battered and torn but still surprisingly powerful. You push off your feet and twist your torso, grabbing ahold of one of your captors and 
throwing him to the ground, stomping on his chest, your eyes still blurry as you struggle to find your bearings, your whole body screaming and lurching in pain. You feel a sudden kick to the back of your
leg, forcing you down onto one knee as an arm reaches around your neck and pulls you into a choke-hold with surprising speed and strength. Struggle though you might, you don't have the 
strength to go on. A warm, tingly darkness begins to come over you as you hear that lyrical female voice in your ear, "A beast is storming the walls, they said. A beast, indeed; and nothing more."
*goto chains
	#Laugh and say "Don't worry, Ulvren; I won't forget you once I can stand again. Slicing you limb from limb will be a most effective rehabilitation." 
		The female voice speaks up, in quite a jovial tone. "When one's options have no substance, one is often reduced to threats." She laughs. "I'd say you're quite safe, Ulvren. He'll 
soon be in chains." 

Ulvren doesn't seem so sure. "Have you heard what these Blackwater beasts are capable of? He needs a grave, not chains. I'm going to recommend the Captain executes him, immediately."
Again, the female voice speaks "Highly unlikely. He will believe this one far too valuable. Would you like to execute him now?" She says, as you hear a blade being removed from a 
sheathe. 
Taken aback, Ulvren replies "No! Put that away. We'll be executed!" 
Again the girl laughs. "Well then you have chosen chains for this one. We shall see how long they last."
Ulvren remains silent.

#2

What’s the indent on “Judging by…” and *goto chains? Should be the same as the para starting “You focus your blurred vision…”


#3

Mh, try it like this. I never exactly used ‘*choice’ itself but rather the ‘*fake_choice’ counterpart, but it should work.

*fake_choice
	#Keep silent. You'd rather pay attention to your surroundings than spend energy on your captors.
		You focus your blurred vision on the surroundings as you are being dragged away. There are a few other soldiers scurrying about, examining bodies, removing weapons, and piling corpses. Seeing the huge hole in the ramparts directly above where you laid unconscious, a memory comes flooding back. Having scaled that wall, you were fighting along the narrow guardway. 

		Your enemies were no match for you as you felled one after the other with brutal efficiency and single-minded focus. Suddenly a whooshing sound; you look to your right, just soon enough to see a huge boulder fly through the air and smash into the wall just below where you stand. Then blackness. 

		Judging by the pile of bodies all around you, you may have been the only survivor. Again.  

		*goto chains
	#Try to pull yourself from their grasp. You'll die before you undergo an interrogation.
		You roar as your muscles tense, surging to life at your demand, battered and torn but still surprisingly powerful. You push off your feet and twist your torso, grabbing ahold of one of your captors and throwing him to the ground, stomping on his chest, your eyes still blurry as you struggle to find your bearings, your whole body screaming and lurching in pain. 
        
		You feel a sudden kick to the back of yourleg, forcing you down onto one knee as an arm reaches around your neck and pulls you into a choke-hold with surprising speed and strength. Struggle though you might, you don't have the strength to go on. 
        
		A warm, tingly darkness begins to come over you as you hear that lyrical female voice in your ear, "A beast is storming the walls, they said. A beast, indeed; and nothing more."
		*goto chains
	#Laugh and say "Don't worry, Ulvren; I won't forget you once I can stand again. Slicing you limb from limb will be a most effective rehabilitation." 
		The female voice speaks up, in quite a jovial tone. "When one's options have no substance, one is often reduced to threats." She laughs. "I'd say you're quite safe, Ulvren. He'll soon be in chains." 

		Ulvren doesn't seem so sure. "Have you heard what these Blackwater beasts are capable of? He needs a grave, not chains. I'm going to recommend the Captain executes him, immediately."

		Again, the female voice speaks "Highly unlikely. He will believe this one far too valuable. Would you like to execute him now?" She says, as you hear a blade being removed from a sheathe. 

		Taken aback, Ulvren replies "No! Put that away. We'll be executed!" Again the girl laughs. "Well then you have chosen chains for this one. We shall see how long they last."

		Ulvren remains silent.

I used spaces instead of tabs, you might want to change that, perhaps…
Its automatically that it changes the tabs for me ^^

EDIT: somehow the spaces are messed up it seems…


#4

Bah! Yea it was the *goto indent.

Didnt notice because the indent on all 3 was the same, yet the first choice still showed.

Thanks.