Trials of Thief taker Helpful Hints

I did not find any guide so I made one, only for the first part though (there are lots of choices that affects the stats)

Ff=Fleet footedness , LK= London knowledge. 

I
#Chase:FF+1,B+5%
•Incite:Oral+1
•Elbows:Pugil+1,Res-2%
•Weave:FF+1
•Talk:LK+1,Res+2%
#Cut:LK+1,B-5%
•goodrun:Oral+1
•Makemearich:Oral+1,Merc+5%
•Punch:Pugi+1,Res-2%
•Restrain:Pugi+1,Res+5%
#Climb:FF+1,Res-5%
•LeapDown:Bold+10%
~See Cut Sub Choices
•Sneak:Bold-10%
~Run:FF+1,Bold+6%
~Saunter:LK+1,Bold-8%
~Call Down:Oral+1,Res -4
•Sprint:Bold+10%
•SendTom:Bold-5%
~CarryOn:Bold -9%, Merc +5%
~DropDown:Merc -10%
~Seize:Bold +11%, Merc+5%
#Stroll:Lk+1,Res+5%
!!See Chase Sub Choices

Hang-Ons
#SolAgent: 0
[#Fewer:Merc+5%]
[#EndOthers:Merc-5%]
[#Myself:Bold-5%]
#OneBuffCove:+1
#Tworumculls:+2
#ThreeMyr:+3

G2#NotGentleman:Res -4%
G3#WealthyLady:Res +5%
G4#NotLady:Res-4%
G5#FemDisg: LawB+4%

Past Job(All Gender=AG)
AG#Crier:Pugi+1,Oral+2
AG#Footpost:FF+2,LK+1
AG#FormalEdu:Res +2%,Oral+1,FF+2
G1/G2/G5#Crimper:Res -2%,Pugil+2,Oral+1
G3/G4/G5#Thief:FF+1,LK+2,LawB+9%,Res -4%
G4/G2#Boxer:Res -4%,Pugil+2,FF+1
G4/G3#Silvertounge:Oral+2,LK+1,Res -2%
G3#Chaperone:Pugil +1,LK +2, Res +9%

(Name does not change stats)

Is there a way to build a police station and also get 18 hang ons? I only got 17 Hang ons in my play through by having 3 at the start, buying off 10 prisoners, inviting 2 duelist, Man handling 1 Drunkard, get approached by Davy the Killer.

And for RO Nancy You have to be respectable and have high oral stats

2 Likes

You can have the guy who follows Nia if you convince him to leave her.

You don’t need it. If you are the son of a Baron, you are good to go. If you aren’t, then you either need to have high reputation with the judge or high respectable.

You can have the guy who follows Nia if you convince him to leave her.

The Last guy is Scapegrace. He can be recruited if you arrest the dandy highwayman and win the trial.

You don’t need it. If you are the son of a Baron, you are good to go. If you aren’t, then you either need to have high reputation with the judge or high respectable.

Yeah, I got lucky the first time.

Other than Scapegrace, I think there’s two more you missed:

#1 If you use oratory in the first chapter after turning back towards Jack’s garret, you can convince two drunks to join you rather just the one.

#2 You can convince Young Sam during the smuggling chapter to come to London with you.

I decided to give the achievement for getting 18/20 (21 if you count Leatherskin Bill).

Anyone knows how to get Matters of State achievement?

You need high reputation with Cuffin and very high Lawful (like higher than 90), then he will ask if you have any suggestion, this suggestion will be accepted.

You guys already got so far with the game while I can’t even properly find a thief XD

If you can’t find a thief, fabricate proof and accuse someone!

Not quite. To get the meeting with Cuffin… the scene with Cuffin only occurs if other scenes don’t happen, so if you don’t have outstanding business with Maddox, the coiners, Bunyan, or Shaver. One way of doing that is to play ultra lawful but there’s no actual Cuffin or law check here.

And then to convince him of your suggestions requires reasonable oratory

I see, thank you both

I’m having trouble with the following achievements:

Dandy Dancer: If this refers to the masquerade ball Jack invites you to, there are five choices: buy one of three lavish outfits, buy a plain outfit, or make your own. None of them seem to unlock the achievement.

Bloated Blake: I have no idea whatsoever as to how to get this. I don’t even know what chapter it would be in.

For The Record: Ditto.

Industry and Idleness: This one is kind of driving me nuts. With separate characters, I have mastered both Pugilism and Fleet-Footedness, and neither seems to allow me to catch him. What combination of stats do you need here?

For the True King, Breakout, Rescue, Plot at Tyburn, Beyond the Veil: I presume these all have to do with your trial in the last chapter, but the only two outcomes I ever get from that are transportation to Virginia and total acquittal.

Rum Wit: Highest I’ve ever had in this stat is 5. Seems like it never increases after Chapter I.

Both stats are needed.
I had 4 Fleet-Footedness and 1 Pugilism and I was able to catch him.

Hey all was just playing through this again and was wondering if anyone found a way to get all of the hangers on and become the police chief/crime boss. I’d greatly appreciate any help you were able to give

How to capture the shaver ( highwayman )???

Is that leatherskin? Whom we met in the 2nd chapter? How do you convince him exactly???

How do you get letherskin?

Need to talk to him in chapter 6 with at least 80 trust telling him if he ever thought to work for someone else.
Later in chapter 9 you have to tell him to defect, you need at least 50 Fame.

Thnx buddy👍