Triaina: Academy - WIP - Update 1.27 - 12/29/2023

Hello! The next update is live. It adds about 20k words as it continues into chapter 4. In continuing with tradition, team xeno’s routes have been released first. These dates will be the first showcases of the path choices you’ve made, and will alter the way the date proceeds depending on how you’ve encouraged your RO. This is partially the reason why it’s taken so long to release, as in essence I’m writing two different ROs for each RO haha. I hope to see what you all think of these altering viewpoints! :slight_smile:

64 Likes

Found this while I was reading.

Freedom line 5183: Non-existent variable ‘dress’

Not sure what it means but I figured it is important to you in some way.

my Pinna save file doesnt have the complete date thing which is cool, but my file with Mary got saved over

guess I’ll have to play from the beginning again

2 Likes

I got the option to choose whether I was suspicious or not of Raven at the end even though I helped her with the interrogation. Probably a bug.

Lol that statement is more true than you know :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s a bug. It’s more or less a choice to decide whether you want to side with Raven and claim they’re not a threat or side with V and say that they shouldn’t be trusted.

It must be a bug because 1. I know Raven did it because I was with her and 2. Why would I not trust her alibi when I vouched for her in the first place to avoid suspicion?
2019-10-19%2005_25_27-Triaina%20Academy

1 Like

Hm… Perhaps there is something with the code where it doesn’t process the option where you went with Raven to the interrogation and displays the option as if you came with the others instead.

1 Like

maybe when F asks why does mc not do anything about M and R despite being the leader an option like “I don’t want to be the leader” could be added?

4 Likes

Love the update. I was waiting for this. So yeap,
You just cheered me up. So thanks. And good luck with the rest of the story.:+1:

F- Why don’t you stop them? You’re their leader aren’t you?
Mc-8844cbeb3b1a1909fd2062a61cd0afd3b368284bfbcb3c1467656108f14ac605

13 Likes

I think one person if get power I will sleep all way because don’t care and save world is kind of not thing for me

1 Like

Could you perhaps explain the “clock” power a bit more in-depth ? I still have no vague idea what it does.

I was thinking about it and this game does remind me of Trails of Cold Steel in a good way. I love that it does, but all while keeping a sense of uniqueness to itself.

Although Vee and Fie kind of remind me of each other, but… I’m a sucker for those type of characters in general.

Anyways I do absolutely like it a lot.

On the subject of the light power shouldnt it be electricity? And later on as (I assume) the power grows will we basically become a Misaka from Toaru Majutsu no Indekkusu/Railgun?

And for the blood ability is it detremiental later on if we use too much of it?

Also I dont know how you would code it but I think changing the evil/good to reflect the route ones on should be a thing. Like the evil stat for Vee should be Militant.

Hmm, so I’m not the only one who thought this game felt a little like Cold Steel. Besides Fie/Vee, I get a lot of Emma vibes from Leah and Flay reminds me of Jusis. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, but it has it’s own charm at the sametime.

I also didnt notice the Jusis/Flay thing until you mentioned it.

Vee is my favorite character so far, Mary comes in second, Emma third, and Raven 4th. I think the other characters I just need more time to warm up to.

Although I keep forgetting this is a sci-fi. It feels more like a science fantasy.

The demo is fantastic and I don’t have many complaints, however (and this is a minor thing) maybe instead of having us choose the clothing and gender together, we could pick them separately, as it feels somewhat restrictive to assign gender based on clothing choice. Or we could just not have the clothing option at all, if that would be easier. Again, wonderful demo, I look forward to seeing it progress, this was really the only throng I was iffy on.

2 Likes

Time Manipulation.

I’m sorry! I hope it wasn’t something on my end. If it was I apologize!

I fixed it! Probably! :slight_smile:

Done! :slight_smile:

You being cheered up cheers me up. Cheers! :slight_smile:

I believe I explained it in an earlier post, but in essence very limited control of wormhole phenomena!

At least it reminded people of a good game haha!

Basically, but I haven’t tweaked the coding to display the names of the powers, so right now it’s displayed as what you originally saw in that monitor. I’ll get to it I promise!

Unfortunately no railguns. It’ll develop a bit differently haha.

All the abilities are detrimental if used too much, because all of the abilities essentially use up the extraterrestrial matter within you. For the blood ability that matter just happens to be…in your blood haha.

Good idea! I’ll see what I can do about that. I like it haha.

P warms up pretty fast. :slight_smile:

It is kinda going down that road, ain’t it? haha. Well, I have plans that will show a more sci-fi element, but perhaps it’s safe to say it’s a tidbit of both? :slight_smile: All fiction is fantasy in some sense haha.

Yeah, I can see what I can do there. I’ll have to write out a different scenario to fit that in, so I probably won’t do it until later haha, but I’ll definitely put that in my notes!

7 Likes

Heya everyone! So I’ve got a bit of a special event coming on October 30th. An artist that I’ve commissioned thought of livestreaming a profile that they’re working on! It’ll be on discord, so I’ll also be there, you can talk to me, see some cool art, all that stuff! So here’s the deal! Which character would you like to see drawn for this upcoming event?

• Emil
  • Robin
  • Levi
  • Vin
  • Pierce
  • Matthew
  • Raven (M)
  • Snatcher
  • Flay

0 voters

10 Likes