Treasure seekers-reviews general discussion

The stat system was pretty bad, but I did enjoy the game. It’s fun to double cross, sabotage, and then rejoin the crew at the end.
*spoilers*
It was interesting to play the character as a slave because my character was force to join the crew, she tried to screw up their missions at every corner while being nice to them.

It’s sad that the “romances” never went beyond being better friends with some crew members than others. Also for such an interesting cast of characters your chances to socialize with them was extremely limited. And it was kind of a poor design choice to make me have to tell people to shove it to say I wasn’t interested in their pseudo romance.

With regards to the plot, I thought it started off fairly strong up until you get to the molten planet which name escapes me at the moment, after that it felt very rushed. The shop was an interesting idea, but the fact that you only get to use your items in two missions adds to the feeling of the second half being rushed. A health bar seems kind of redundant since you’d have to be pretty careless to actually reach 0 hp.

As far as technical issues go, the game sometimes confused the captains gender, I couldn’t choose a science option when I did, in fact, specialize in science, 1 or 2 typos. About the puzzles, they were an interesting idea, but the can get tedious on subsequent playthroughs if you just want to read what different decisions do. As for the puzzles in this game specifically, the magma one was pretty good, took me a while to figure it out (don’t judge me :v), but the stalagmite one felt very, very half assed.

Lastly the game was way too linear in my opinion. The biggest decisions in the game are deciding the fate of a specific member of your crew (and it isn’t even much of a decision, if you know how to prevent it then you have the option of letting him die or live and even then it won’t change the final outcome much) and deciding who you align yourself with at the end (though I haven’t tried aligning against the crew yet).

Final Verdict: 3/10

How do you solve the lava puzzle?

SPOILARZ

Fill tank
Fill container
Empty container
Fill container
Fill tank
Fill container

SPOILARZ END

1 Like

Thanks

How do I save Borion? I do the lava puzzle so should I then use a Camo Suit?

yeah you have to solve the puzzle and use the camo suit

It struck me as funny, in that Kristak kills Borian despite the fact that Kristak is physically incapable of it, being intangible, but perhaps Borian sets off a trap.

And of course there’s no reason for it, Kristak can just walk through walls, Borian can’t keep up with him anyway, so if Kristak took the time to kill Borian he risked the crew catching up with him before he can make off with the crown.

That lack of genre savviness should have been punished, really.

Is there any way to save borion he was kinda growing on me and why would it just not add time for you to talk to him while your on the ship in the beginning it just seems strange.

@Blackheart

To save Borion you need to do the lava puzzle and sneak up on Kraska

Agreeing in part with @hahaha01357

Some of the descriptions made me go “eh?” - the heat to fry a million eggs for example.

I’m not convinced on the demo alone, I’m not sure if it’s the pacing or the descriptive parts that need work.

As it is, I’ll give this one a miss, it’s just not singing to me.

I… have nothing positive to say about this game. The plot was disjointed and boring, the characters were melodramatic and inconsequential, the choices were superficial, and their consequences forced. I didn’t want to explore the ship, I didn’t want to poke around the engine room, and I didn’t want to talk to the bloody detective. The blunt impositions of “philosophical” questions were somewhat nauseating, too.

I have been trying to do a play through as a prisoner, but no matter how much i try and be cruel and unruly.They just wont let me be a prisoner D:.
Anyone know what to do lol
Also anyone know how to solve the puzzle of the lava?

@Theotian

I posted the solution to the lava puzzle a few posts back.

oops went right past it :smiley:

Did you say you wanted to join the crew? And agree to processing, etc? Then try and sabotage the mission

i managed to become a prisoner only after the first mission.I wanted to be able to refuse to go and basically be a pain through the first and second.All help is appreciated though :slight_smile:

Zombies was just a shitty Zombie Exodus.
Heroes Rise makes me want to puke.
Eerie Estate Agent was as boring as watching paint dry and not engaging at all.
Star Captian was just so “blah” and not funny.
City of Clouds was SO bad, it caused me physical pain while playing it.
The Fleet seemed like it was made to try to be terrible.

Kung Fu was okay.
And this game is also okay. Maybe COG is getting less shitty?

I think Zombies is better than Kung Fu :v

Retrospectively, I think they were both pretty bad, but Choice of Kung Fu had the better atmosphere and setting by far.