Transporter: A space adventure [WIP] (Updated 12/07/17)

Well this seems more interesting than space truckers. In theory you could even get close to the number of viewers that saw it in theaters, based on the fact it only made 1/25th what it cost to make and a price of a ticket then they sold roughly 250k tickets. This story may be slightly simmilar but it’s holding attention, it allows the person to interact, and yea no sex dolls… advantage space transporter.

As @Arcane_warrior said it only had one good scene
This game has fun and several cool moments. This game I’d be glad to get meanwhile I complained about the fact I payed 2 dollars at a bargain bin for space truckers classic or not.

Edit: just realized I’m calling your game space transporter vrs it’s real name transporter: a space adventure.

lol its really old movie but it was great for its time.

As the title says, the game has been updated with chapter one! [see first post for more details]
I will add the encyclopedia entries later, and for now they will be: “Quivs and Itharians”, “FTL travel” and an entry about the Schism. Again, if someone wishes to see something else please say so and I’ll try my best to accomodate (unless it’s completely unrelated or highly spoilerific).

2 Likes

There’s a part where “she” is used for Inlathan rather than “they.” It’s right after using the grapple vines to capture the assassins after you, when they come down from the building.

1 Like

Referring to Alei as “him” in the first sentence and “…scratches their heads.” The latter I don’t think is supposed to be plural😄

1 Like

The MyEnciclopedia+ entries are up, yay!

After an initial part that is the same for the two route we’ll proceed with the exclusive content. I will probably not post the whole chapter (or chapters, depending on their final lenght) entirely, but instead post “mini chapters” for both routes, so to keep the testing and typo sniping manageable (and update more frequently).

Thank you all for your support, you are the best! As always comments, suggestions, typos or critiques are welcome and appreciated.

I like this game and I really can’t wait for more. Great idea.

1 Like

Hello, everyone! First of all, I apologize for the lack of updates: I had a really busy period at my day job, so the writing process got greatly hindered. Good news is I have almost finished the first planned update for chapter 2, it should be ready in one/two weeks.

However I have worked on something else in the meantime and I have updated the files to include it. Now that we are closing to chapter 2, I realized that having to replay everytime the whole game to reach the new content was a boring process that was only going to get worse with each new update. So now, at the end of chapter one, the game will provide you with a string that summarize your stats and progress so far (only the name and surname aren’t included, and you will be required to insert them again, but it’s definitely better than having to replay everything everytime). You will still be able to replay the old content, of course, but you won’t be forced to do so unless you wish to.

Sadly, this means that you must play again to get the string(s), but I still feel like it will greatly improve your experience with the alpha.

See you (hopefully) soon for the next update, everyone!

3 Likes

Late, but the first update of chapter 2 is here (more details in the first post)! As always, comments, likes, critiques and typo/bug sniping are welcome and appreciated.

3 Likes

Just want to say, big fan of this game, and look foward to more on it!

1 Like

Absolutely looking forwrd for this game. I’m curious about life as a Kokkoro, and also about Sothan, since religion seems to play a major role here…?

First off I want to say I really enjoy this game and can’t wait for a full release.

As for critiques

‘I am extremely bored’? No, doing that will require your boredom (or your desperation) to be much, much more exasperated that it is now.

That should than

Will edit with more if I find any

and hope those two are dumb enough to fall for it. page_break You have placed the first two loudspeakers,

1 Like

First of all, many thanks to everyone who commented and visited!
Ironically Sothan (and by extension, religion) will not be touched much during the game: most characters are not religious and the few who are (for now Inlathan and possibly you) have had (and will have) little reason to touch the matter outside of certain “calmer” moment. Of course I can add more lore entries if anyone is interested in more “background” topics (for example, I was thinking to add an entry about Communities, how they work and so on).

yes to more lore!
I just thought religion plays a big role because the stat :sweat_smile:

@blob Well, it’s more a matter of tracking your attitude towards religion than religion itself, that’s why the stat is there.

On unrelated news, the first part of chapter 2 is over, and I’ve added the entry on Communities. As usual I am glad to receive comments, so don’t be shy!

2 Likes

I found an error: chapter2commonpath line 865: Illegal mixing of spaces and tabs; this line has a space, but there were tabs on line 298
and chapter2commonpath line 865: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 1 after talking to Inlathan in the ship.
(other choices lead to similar error too)

You activate with a touch your MyAssistant+, bringing up the main menu: mh, it’s still fairly early for A’iss to have finished preparing dinner

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.