Totem Force [Released!]

I’ll order pizza!

Anyone else get triple digits dark? I’m bored by myself here…

0-Darkness Club’s got an afterparty at Weenie Hut Junior’s. Discount on all items if 3 or more of us wear our Weenie Hut T-shirts in.

5 Likes

I’ll make sure to bring extras just in case. Also would anyone like to purchase side character parts 2 for 1 till next month

This a bid? If so what’s the starting price?.. I bid that plus 20…

Not a bid,it’s like grocery shopping… for side character parts

The update’s great!!! It’s mostly fanservice so far (IMO) but there’s so many paths in the latest ep. And the relationship stat increase/decrease with the movie choice is a nice touch. The NPCs’ movie choice and comments alone tell a lot about their character. I particularly liked Ryu’s and Akira’s reactions/comments; Ryu hating that anime for years but getting emotionally invested on it, Akira’s “Ryu, no!” in the samurai flick, the samurai and the sci-fi film hitting to close to home for Ryu :sob: . Also LOL @ Chi going “i’ve watched this a thousand times but with a different name” or sth along those lines.

You’re really good with characters and acknowledging player choice. I find everyone likable (or at least tolerable) and relatable to some extent. There’s also so much roleplay material in this game. Oh and the meta-humor, too, is a nice touch.

For romance: okay I was 1000% sure I was on Team Chi months before the new update but Ryu totally won me over this time. The slow burn and the (possibly one-sided) rivalry is nicely done. And his friendship and romance path is just so adorably awkward and kinda angsty :confounded::revolving_hearts: Akira was one of my faves as soon as they appeared and their interactions with Ryu is gold! I love all their interactions. I hope my pure sweet child Akira is okay. I’d say they’re one of the more competent fighters of the group so the one/s who took them must be really powerful… or Akira just thought that we should be friends with the ‘bad guys’ so they pretended to be kidnapped :sweat:

But yes, Chi is great too. He’s so cool and accepting but not spineless?? I dunno man but I want to be friends with a guy like him IRL. Not sure if intended or not but I liked the part where you can tell Chi/Anara that their parent is heavily involved in the experiments and is with the bad guys. Could just be my empathy score but my relationship with Anara decreased then while Chi increases if you tell him. Either way, it says a lot about them.

And oh man, idk if I got this scene because I have ~90 relationship with Sammy but when he cried and confessed that he’s the one made the explosives for The Man – damn. The slight difference if you’re on a romance with him or not too.

Some questions btw:

• I haven’t done a full romance with Lani yet so idk but can’t we go to her during our day-off?
  • I got a non-rival/crush Chi to confess to my unromanced MC after the meeting. What did I do to trigger that? If its any help, I think my relationship with him was late 60s - early 70s.
  • I tried not romancing anyone then kissed Kay after the movie. I got rejected. Relationship was 79 and darkness was 31. Did I really miss her romance flag or is this because of stats?
  • Not sure if this question is allowed but how close are we to the end now? I meant story-wise. Because it feels like we’re so close now but also not really, if that makes sense.

Anyway, this game is very cool. Good job! I’m looking forward to this when it comes out full :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::yellow_heart: I was never into the Super Sentai kind of superhero stuff (I even find it corny and pretty cringe) but you still got me to enjoy your game a lot. Honestly, this is one of the WIPs I’m looking forward to the most. Keep up the good work :star2:

4 Likes

@zenbu: Thanks! It’s always nice to have such a long comment. :smile:

Sadly it is just your empathy score. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Also, if you’re romancing them, it’ll rise, too, no matter what your empathy is.)

I just decided to only let you go see her if you were romancing her. I guess there are a few people who may want to visit her without romancing her, but I felt it would probably be more trouble than it was worth (and I can’t imagine her being very interested in an MC she wasn’t dating).

You only need a score of 40, but they won’t confess if you’re seeing someone else.

I don’t know? :confused: What did she say?

Pretty close now. What did you mean by the “but also not really”?

2 Likes

oh drat… i forgot that i intend to give it a go again after trying Phil route… well, reading about some comment i feel like maybe i need to considering romancing Ryu (or maybe going back with Chi) --sooorrryy Phil, it just so hard and i feel a bit hurt when you try to take it slow (too slow for my MC :cry:) and “deflect” my advance move-- :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, with Phil we need get the cutie to take our mc’s seriously and not dismiss them as “kids”. :disappointed:
Still I think he’s worth it for being the cutest of all the guys in the game by far. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry… :sweat_smile: Did he turn you down after the date?

actually… i forgot :sweat_smile: i just remember that i feel dissapointed with him. and somehow… i like the birthday party version of him more than him in the date scene :grin:, in the date scene it feels like he doesn’t seem interested in my MC anymore :cry:

1 Like

Well, one reason for that is that he’s not exactly had a very happy last few days, and it doesn’t help that he blames himself for what happened to Sammy. There’s also a certain requirement for getting his respect, and I don’t know if your character had that.

2 Likes

Please report this value to the author: Darkness = 8.

Just finished playing, and it asked me to report this value, so…

1 Like

You know I hope you can add wolverine like claws as a weapon tool that can be used in the game, it’ll complete my role play as a young alternate dimension Wolverine character.

2 Likes

I’m afraid not; they’re different enough from all other weapons that I’d probably have to rewrite every battle scene for them, and I’m not intending to do that. (Also, I certainly couldn’t call them Wolverine claws…)

1 Like

of course they’re wolverine claws, wolverine claws are the best kind of claws there is. And what they are is not very nice.
Also yeah understandable, disappointing but understadable neverthless though an option would be to be able unlock these claws later on in the game shrug. Nevertheless this game is amazing and I am eagerly waiting what comes next.

I tried going the darker route for my second play through and there was a part with Kay that I didn’t resonate with me well. So after…
SPOILERS
… Sammy’s death/grave injury Kay came up to my character saying “you’re too brutal, you use to much violence,” when I told her I was only doing what’s necessary she was like “if you need someone to talk to I’m here”
So during the next scene, when I had the option to talk to each of our team members before it’s time to go to bed, I went to Kay to talk to and she said she was “too tired to talk”.
I would’ve at least wanted her to be like what’s going on or something.
I dunno maybe it’s just me

Clearly this is the source of your Mc’s deteriorating moral fiber, with Sammy dead and your remaining best friend “too tired to talk”, we need to have a sit down with Kay and talk about her communication problems.

1 Like

So in the end, Kay is just another rotton hypocrit.
She is definitely going to betray us at some point.

2 Likes

If you want me to be honest here, it was less “Kay was too tired to talk” and more “ParrotWatcher was too tired to write”… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes