Totem Force [Released!]

Yes, but you may have to beat the love into him.

5 Likes

Andā€¦ updated! Finally!

The story is now 180,000 words long, with an average playthrough of over 55,000.

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t know whether your old saves will work any more since Iā€™m hosting it directly on DashingDonā€™s, without precompiling it, so sorry in advance if thatā€™s the case. (I guess itā€™ll give you a chance to remember who all these characters youā€™re supposed to be romancing areā€¦)

@Revan_Alek_Shan: As of the latest update, yes, but it might not be easy. But no, @JustcallmeAlex, you canā€™t betray another character to do it, because thatā€™s seriously too much work for me.

As always, please let me know if you spot any bugs, typos, or other problems. Thanks.

20 Likes

How do you beat Ryu in the tournament??

1 Like

Yay Iā€™ve dreamed of this moment

1 Like

Warning: unmarked spoilers

Damonā€™s Journal:
Was disappointed to learn that ā€˜The Manā€™ died before I could interrogate him. If Iā€™d known he only had about an hour to live I would have just killed him outright. Still, must give credit where credit is due, adversary was clever to have contingencies in case we ever captured one of their agents.
Sometimes I forget that my opponent is the devious sort. Makes the game interesting. Was not sure when I started thinking of this as a game; at first my only priority was to live a calm and normal life, and to remove the people who were interfering with that. But lately, I think Iā€™m coming to quite enjoy this game of cat and mouse we play.

Went to Sammyā€™s funeral. Not sure why. A deceased human body is of no consequence, all it really does it waste space. Why Iā€™ve always hated graveyards. So much wasted land, even more wasted fertilizer. Though I suppose it was a good chance to spend time with Anara, even if she wasnā€™t interested in much talking afterwards.

Had a discussion with Kay. She appears to have issues with my strategies. Not sure what exactly her alternatives were; called her out on it and received vague idealistic catchphrases in return. Sheā€™s allowed emotions to cloud her judgment; will keep a close eye on her. Likely betrayal imminent.

Made up for that the next day. Was interesting to see the town return to relative normality, though not surprising upon further thought. Human beings have a way of turning any environment into the new status quo. Was a good chance to spend time with Anara. Was good to learn what she does outside of our interactions. Will have to remember to factor in this new data gathered when considering future romantic outings together.

Other than that, uneventful.

Darkness = 60, went up by 1 by the end of last chapter.

And now, on the newest episode of Totem Force: The Rise of Sailor Ivory!

The Sparkly Unicorn Princess and self-proclaimed master of falling with style finally had her heartwarming reunion with her old friend!
It was rather heartwarming.

Afterwards, sheā€¦had a rather awkward love confession from Chi that, honestly, kind of came out of nowhere. Even after the player ret-conned Ivoryā€™s romance with Anara so that she could continue to flirt with everyone that crossed her path without a pang of conscience, it seemed rather odd to said player that this guy suddenly out of the blue decided he was in love with her.
Even if she was pretty, funny, quirky, remarkably thick in the head yet endearing, and saved his life in a corny fashionā€¦actually, maybe itā€™s not quite so unbelievable.

Anyway, caught up in the moment, she said yes, a decision that will probably come to hurt her heart strings if he has any problem with having a girlfriend who flirts with everything sentient (even though a romance with Ryu probably would have been so much more thematically appropriate).

After that scene, she had another heartwarming scene with Sam. It was heartwarming.

The next day she decided to go see what Ryu was doing before Chi stopped her and invited her to soccer, which she accepted. It was a fun scene and perfectly matched her personality, being fun and energetic, though I get the feeling that if anyone watched this TV show Chi would be pretty high on the most hated characters list. Oh well.

And in the end, we had a darkness ofā€¦1?
Butā€¦where?! Where did I go wrong?! This is how it all startsā€¦one wrong deed turns into two, then three, then suddenly your preppy and fun cheerleader character is just like your literal sociopath! The world is doomed!

Anyway, yeah, it was a pretty good time. Nice bit of fluff and character interactions. Though my Sparkly Unicorn Princessā€™ story is starting to get a bit difficult to manage. Iā€™ll probably have to have her undergo some character development to match the more dramatic tone that sheā€™s been fighting against.

ā€¦Huh, when this series started, I created a character who was physically incapable of feeling compassion in order to resist against the gameā€™s lighthearted nature. Now that the gameā€™s natural tone is more alligned to him, Iā€™m having to make my other character be forcefully peppy and fun in order to fight against the gameā€™s serious tone.
Perhaps I was the one going through character development all alongā€¦

4 Likes

I played the new chapter and itā€™s awesome. I also got a darkness of 0 my only regret is that somehow @Dark_Stalker achieved zero first. I love this thread and every one on it

1 Like

just found some error, will try to bug hunting again later :

ā€œOw. So, I guess that makes us co-students, then? Battle buddies? Classā€¦ matesā€¦? Wait, never mind. Anyway. Iā€™ll be fun to learn alongside you.ā€
(is it intentional or you mean Itā€™ll)

and i got an error after i choose Ryu for date scene (while iā€™m dating Phil *oopss :grin:)
line 94: Not a number: Sure; Iā€™ll go with you. Sorry, Ryu.

2 Likes

@Revan_Alek_Shan: With difficulty. :grin:

@Interestedparty: Iā€™m glad to hear Iā€™m having a positive effect on the world. :innocent:

(And, no, the confession from Chi was totally foreshadowedā€¦ :unamused: He gave you cookies!)

@Curious_Boy: Thanks for the bug+typo; they should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Mrs. Wilberforce is by far the best character in the entire game. Iā€™m glad you wrote that, even if odds are that only three people will ever choose that path.

1 Like

I actually got zero second, I did it because I think @Interestedparty did it first, though I still have the highest darkness score (Though I did not play the new update yet so it could be higher probably)

1 Like

YES! TF is back! I love this game so much. I loved the characters arts, theyā€™re amazing. :smile:
I imagined Ryu very different thoughā€¦ Anyway, heā€™s perfect in the same way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

Does anyone else hate Ryu and his attitude towards the mc if you lose the tournament because I do.

2 Likes

I hate his attitude if you win the tournament more.

ā€œI totally beat you.ā€

ā€œOnly because youā€™re pathetic.ā€

ā€œButā€¦you lost in a fair fight. Wouldnā€™t calling me pathetic be calling yourself even more pathetic.ā€

ā€œNonsense. I am the heir.ā€

ā€œI won that title from you!ā€

ā€œNo, you are weak.ā€

ā€œYour philosophy makes no sense!ā€

11 Likes

Totem force update

Yaaaaaassssss

Anara Date

YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS

Both childhood friends have a crush on me

pause

suddenly remembers I could date others while dating Anara

ā€¦ No harem route please.

Akira gets kidnapped

A chance to smack Ryu into the teamā€¦ It has finally appeared!

4 Likes

Ryu is an arrogant jerk.

2 Likes

Just wondering if itā€™s actually possible to deactivate the ā€œnuclear bomb?ā€ Blurred just in case for spoilers.

1 Like

The new update is great and I got darkness = 6

2 Likes

Nah, not quite. :smile:
But I imagined him being more the pale emo type.

Okay but this is literally what he does. I only wish there was an option to just ignore the dude rather than try talking whenever you see him, because heā€™s not worth loving or hating.

1 Like