Totem Force [Released!]

Can anyone tell me how you win the tournament against the heir?

You need to have more than one good stat, highest should be something like 60 and the other should be 40 or something, at least those were the stats I had when I won that thing.

2 Likes

finally be able to play it :joy:
there is something bugging me… but im afraid it will be count as spoiler (just as i said before, im new to this forum /been stalking for a long time until i decide to join the forum recently) so could someone please teach me how to write and hide something like spoiler ? :wink:

Sure, here’s the spoiler code information. @FairyGodfeather maybe it’s an idea to sticky the more popular forum code in with the guidelines somewhere?

1 Like

Not right now, I’m afraid; don’t worry, though. He’ll (probably) be back soon. Also, I’m rather excited by the idea of my first piece of fanart, so please feel free.

Basically like this: [spoiler]Text here[/spoiler]. Alternatively, you could PM me by clicking on my avatar and then clicking the message button.

1 Like

wow… really… i was thinking to make fancomic of Totem Force lately. maybe i’ll try to work on it soon enough, the problem is… there is too much scene that i like so i can’t decide which one to draw yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (and i admit, i also interested to make fancomic for some WIP that i like so far, just to appreciate the Author’s hard work and show them how much i love their story :blush:

well, back to the story… there is something that i found a bit… odd (?) at chapter 10, when MC finally meet with Chi (their romance interest) it just like : [“Hey, There.” Chi steps up and give you a warm embrace. “Don’t do that to me again, MC”.] and… i dunno, but i think he is a bit cold-hearted at that scene. if he really love and do cared for MC well being, his reaction should be more than that, for example maybe he will be speechless for a while and then hugged MC so tightly to make sure the MC is real and not just some kind of imagination or something like that. oh not to mention Kay and Sammy reaction just like “WOW the MC is alive, well that is to be expected… he/she is the protagonist afterall”

well, that’s it… im sorry if its turn out to be rude or something :grin:

3 Likes

@Curious_Boy does have a point there. Their reactions then all seem a little… lacking. The MC was caught in an explosion and disappeared for a day or two.

3 Likes

Oh, no. It’s already been pointed out, and is certainly something I’m going to go over soon. One point to bear in mind, though, is that Kay is the only character whose first reaction is seen by the MC, as Chi/Anara find out when they’re asleep, and Sammy (+ Phil, and if you really want her, Lani) are all elsewhere. I’ll try to expand on them, especially Chi + Anara’s.

Admittedly, though,

is a pretty accurate description of Sammy’s feelings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oddly, an early idea for this would have been as a webcomic, but that fell through due to my artistic abilities (which I wouldn’t call terrible, but certainly aren’t good enough), and so seeing the characters in comic form is something I’d really enjoy.

1 Like

Good :smile: i’m really looking forward for them[quote=“ParrotWatcher, post:631, topic:15440”]
is a pretty accurate description of Sammy’s feelings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[/quote]

oh sammy… you really are something, aren’t you ?! :neutral_face:[quote=“ParrotWatcher, post:631, topic:15440”]
Oddly, an early idea for this would have been as a webcomic, but that fell through due to my artistic abilities (which I wouldn’t call terrible, but certainly aren’t good enough)
[/quote]

wow i didn’t expected that… well, i couldn’t said my artistic abilities are super awesome (it will be narcistic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but my writing skill isn’t really good :cry: so i rarely make good comic with well written story lol

GOOD !! then i’ll be happy to try to make Totem Force fancomic later, and i already decide to try the prologue scene (to avoid spreading the spoiler :smirk:)

1 Like

Ngl i actually did this one months ago and waited patiently for the opportunity to post it and eventually forgot about it??

and here’s another one which is only mildly spoiler-y that i drew in 30 seconds bc i have too much free time

My MC is absolutely a shoujo protag stereotype and I’ve accepted it

edit: the links are to my art probably should’ve clarified lol

4 Likes

Okay, minor update (which is actually the largest minor update I’ve ever done, and at over 3500 words is about a third the size of my smallest “major” updates). It also boosts Episode 10 to the largest episode yet (taking the title from the previous holder, Episode 6). It’s mainly conversations with Kay, Chi, or Anara, just to give you the chance to get to know them better, although you’ll only be able to chat with one of them in any one playthrough. I’ve also beefed up Chi + Anara’s reunion scenes (for lovers, if they’re just friends, they’ll still act just as cold as before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but if you feel they’re still a bit lacking, please let me know.

EDIT: @Curious_Boy, @sarad321, and anyone else who wants to do fan art, feel free, and please share it here with myself and the community. I certainly would like to see what I’ve inspired. :grin:

4 Likes

Come on Chi wouldn’t let a chance to taunt his “rival” slide now would he? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Now they want me to add even more words… :weary:

Just a reminder, if anyone can think of other potential future plans for their MC, please let me know.

1 Like

THANKS!! now… it believeable that chi is indeed love me back :kissing_heart:
and as for the other minor update, i didn’t check it yet (it’s already past midnight and my eyes can’t keep it up anymore :sleepy:) will check it later, glad i didn’t have to play it from the very start (it will be very hard for me to reach Chapter 10 with my inet connection :tired_face:)

sure :smile: though im a bit busy atm, so it’ll take a month (or more) for me to finish the fancomic :grimacing: but, i think i can update the progress earlier than that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey, I’m not forcing you (although if it’s not out by the end of the year, I should warn you that Lani does know where you live :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

Eh, would have preferred a bit more interactivity, something like the relaxing scene.

Still, that relaxing scene was pretty good. Enjoyable. Heartwarming. And I learned what she wants to be when she grows up, which is more than I knew before. I still don’t really know her opinion of me, or anything else, but baby-steps.

Something does kind of confuse me. I’ve shown practically no interest in Sammy or Kay whatsoever, yet both of them still have higher reputation for me than the person who I have actively pursued a reputation with at every opportunity. I have to wonder what I did with them before all this started that gave them such rapport with them.

Motto to live by; if at any point a part of you says ‘should I really add more to this scene?’ immediately punch that part of you in the eye, tie cinder blocks to their feet, and throw it off Niagra Falls. You can never have too many words, only not enough.

I don’t see why law enforcement would be out of the question, since the two would coincide pretty well. Or you could go the anti-Matt Murdock route and become a prosecuting lawyer; fighting crime in the courtroom by day, on the streets by night. I would watch that movie.

Oh please do, I would love to have her at eye-gouging distance. Also, out of curiosity I decided to go see her on my third run through, and it seems she’s finally dropped all pretenses and became a card-carrying bond villain while I wasn’t looking. I’m still trying to decide whether this improves or further fuels my hatred of her.

Also, did you remove the option to kill Dr. Vyklen? I’m not sure anymore, but I thought that was there before.

1 Like

Noo! :scream: Our prosecuting, or should I say persecuting, brethren are the epitome of evil. :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Not really they’re just misguided). :wink:

Still it would be working for the government that killed his father. While my mc is potentially willing to work with certain politicians in order to obtain his goals (currently legal emancipation and discrediting the current president and his/her legacy) he wouldn’t be willing to actually work for the government on their payroll as their peon. :wink:
Occasionally working with the government may be a necessary evil, working for the government, no, just no!.

oh hell no :scream:… i guess i need to find my totem for teaching her what will happen if she mess with other people’s life too much (lol)

i found typo in Chi part (i didn’t check anara and kay yet…)

“Oh hey, we’re already there. What are the chances? And since we’re here, we might as well expoit the place,”

Lived 12-14 years alongside them? All characters, incidentally, have different things that will gain (or lose) relationship points (admittedly, there is quite a bit of overlap between Chi and Anara, given the mechanics of their characters). Kay gains points if you prioritise saving people over anything else, and loses points if you act needlessly cruel. Sammy gains points from attention (even negative) and loses points if you ignore him. Chi and Anara are somewhere between the two, with the initial one closer to Kay, and the second one closer to Sammy. Phil is similar to his sister, but also likes discipline, at least as far as martial arts are concerned. Ryu is… complicated, and may sometimes gain points from the same action that would lose him points elsewhere (see: tsundere). Akira likes fun and (clean) fighting. And dear, sweet, Lani gains points when you fight or threaten her, and loses them when you meekly comply. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It should be noted that their exact reactions will also depend on their current psychological state (especially Ryu), and the state of the plot.

Well, I could always… add more words…

Cool. The former might overlap a bit with “just protecting people”, but I do want to add as many possibilities as I can.

Oh, please. It’s not a cat, it’s a rabbit. Completely different…

You can threaten to kill her later (if you can’t, then there’s a problem), but you could never actually kill her (yet, that is :smiling_imp:).

2 Likes