Top Five Underrated Hosted Games — 2023

What three games by Choice of Games do you think deserve a round of recognition? What game are you loved is on this list…but shouldn’t be! Vote it up and let other people know what they should be playing!

You may choose THREE options.

• Apex Patrol
  • Blood for Poppies
  • Captive of Fortune
  • Cinderella: The Day After Ever After
  • Clans of Éire: The Brother’s War
  • Community College Hero: Fun and Games
  • Courting of Miss Bennet
  • Doomsday on Demand 2
  • Donor
  • Double/Cross
  • Grey Eyes of Death
  • Kepler Colony: Evacuation
  • Knight of the Fellowship
  • Machinations: Fog of War
  • My Day Off Work
  • Paradox Factor
  • Paths to Greatness
  • Raiders of the Icepeak Mountains
  • Relics 2: The Crusader’s Tomb
  • Super Star Soccer Striker
  • Temple of Endless Night
  • The Butler Did It
  • The Gray Painter
  • The Iron Destinies
  • The Mage’s Adventure
  • The Shadow Horror
  • The Twelve Trials
  • The Volunteer Firefighter
  • Trial of the Demon Hunter
  • Tudor Intrigue
0 voters
17 Likes

Alas, would have hoped Day After sold enough not to make it on here. But if it can place high enough to get the sale, at least that’ll juice it a bit.

19 Likes

Lot of good games, had trouble narrowing down to 3. Gray Painter is probably my favorite on the list, but Relics 2 is the most surprising. Was my fav of the series. For my 3rd I went with Kepler Colony. Not everyone’s cup of tea but a quality title if you like resource management type games.

10 Likes

NPT got sixth the first time one of these as done, and was thus just out of the money to be included in the sale. It appears history may be repeating itself. Apropos, if also a bummer.

I will say Donor was probably the one that surprised me the most being on here. It has 740 omnibus ratings. Perhaps it just had a higher percentage of readers who felt motivated to vote after completion than other titles.

11 Likes

Donor. I love fucked up female MCs! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey, you’re back in the top five! :partying_face:

… but Paradox Factor is out. :rage:

1 Like

Crazy how fast this changes during the early hours of the poll. When I posted all of an hour ago, Paradox was fourth.

3 Likes

I think these titles are based on like the past year of sales, not the number of sales total. Demon Hunter has sold 11k copies for example and is on the list

No, it’s based on total sales over the lifetime of a game. At least, that’s what it’s been in previous years.

4 Likes

I adore Paradox Factor, and am honestly shocked the concept hasn’t been revisited. It’s an excellent piece of IF that fully takes advantage of the medium.

12 Likes

I can only say kepler colony for me. I played it, even helped test it. It made management far more fun and human than how its normally done. Kinda like meta human, you run an org and make decisions yeah, but your still a person and have to content with people, not just numbers. Reminds me a lot of that game actually

2 Likes

This one was more difficult than the other as not familiar with lots of these. Maybe played a few but only once or not at all due to fixed MCs, which couple are.

1 Like

Good to know!

2 Likes

Always going to rep The Gray Painter when I get the chance. Absolutely love what that story does.

4 Likes

Donor is a great game I wish would get given more of a chance but suffers from the preset protag syndrome which you and I also know about all too well :wink:

I’ll admit I’m surprised Cinderella, CCH, and Grey painter are there, I thought they all sold better than that. I’m guessing this is a subset with other criteria? (Are games that have the honor of placing previously in this poll or with low ratings excluded?) I can imagine there are games that sold a lot less well than these.

9 Likes

A couple of negative reviews in the first few days of Gray Painter’s release meant that it sold very poorly unfortunately!

11 Likes

@will Ah that’s such a shame. Looks like you might join the honor roll of placing in an underrated game award though and let it get a second chance.

4 Likes

Games aren’t excluded for placing previously in the poll. Some of the games I see in the polls this year made the Top Five last year or the year before.

As much as I’m surprised by some of what did make the lists, I’m surprised by some of what didn’t. I’m not going to name names, but there are some short and amateurish games of the last couple years that I’m a little horrified have apparently brought in more money than, say, Paradox Factor.

3 Likes

that’ll do it :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes