Tokyo Wizard (CLOSED, SUBMITTED)

:sweat_smile: Hi, yes it’s done!! It’s been quite some work, but good fun also! I guess I’ll be taking the game down soon, just wanted to leave it a bit longer for people to play… but I guess I’ll be asking a moderator soon to close this thread down…

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us experience a large portion of it.

1 Like

Oh well its a good game though kind of short for me but still good

1 Like

@Karl621 you really felt it was short? Or you wished it was longer? Basically an average play through is around 33,000 words, which makes it comparable to many other CoG games…

The WIP was the entire game, so you read it all (though if you enjoyed please feel free to download it and rate it -without buying it- when it comes out😁)

I didn’t think it was short at all. It took me some time to read though each time. It’s easily as long as most games and with quite a bit of replayability to boot :slight_smile: @Karl621 if you only played it once, there’s actually a few more storylines in there that go in different directions so give it another go. If it seems short for it’s word count it’s because there’s a trade off between replayability and linear storylines. This one branches. Looking forward to seeing it out in the store!

4 Likes

Congratulations on finishing this game. Here’s hoping it does well for you. I’m sure it will, I think it’s a well written example of the genre with a few good twists.

As for it being short, I admit I wasn’t done playing when it was over. But that is more a reflection on its high quality rather than not enough quantity.

1 Like

Well, I think I will slowly be closing this thread, and eventually opening another one for potential bugs and other post-release discussion (basically everything has been submitted).

I will try indeed to make my next game longer, though there is always a length vs. branching vs. writer energy compromise (like fatigue creeps in after around 70,000 words, and by 140,000 or so you just get fed up with it all, motivation gets very low, at which point I think its time to release it, like I did now…)

Anyway I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has read the game so far and contributed to its development. I’ve tried to put everybody in the acknowledgement section of the game (apologies if anybody was inadvertently forgotten, I did try to be as exhaustive as possible…). It has been great to discuss with you all, and the game has really benefited from all your inputs.

Who knows there might be a second part if the game is well received after its release!

2 Likes

So glad it’s done!! Haven’t played it in a while but when I last played it, I thought it was great. I’m play it one more time before you release it. Congrats.

1 Like

i wish you good luck with the game so we can get to see the sequel in the near future :grin:

2 Likes

hmm i have a question for when you battle his or her former wizard master were it lets you choice a book other then the necromancy way of beating him is there a way to beat him with the other book since his or her new master the female cat wizard dousnt realy like the necromancy way of you beating him so i was thinking is there another way you can beat him instead of relying solely on necromancy coase if there isnt your new master wont let you be her student anymore since she dousnt like the use of necromancy magic…

Yeah for me its short even with the other paths cause im just a student with nothing to keep myself busy and unlike @Jacic who maybe have a job or something to keep him busy

1 Like

I absolutely love this fun and highly creative adventure, and I am glad to see it is actually releasing!

I just have one question, though: is there any way to save your RO from dying? I was in a relationship with Emilie, but she ends up dying not too later. I listened to everything my instructor said, but there was nothing to do about it. Do they always automatically die?

1 Like

KThanks!

sorry but nothing you can do but not romance her… game is rather dark that way, and others have also pointed this out. Unfortunately it’s too difficult to change that now, but if I ever make a sequel I’ll address that!

1 Like

Game is finished and submitted, so I have deleted from dashingdon and it’ll no longer work (sorry, I seem to be unable to change the first post in the game).

Once again, thank all who read and gave input, and all those who helped in any way in the development of the game! I’ve tried to acknowledge you all in the game, and hopefully it’ll be well accepted! (in which case I might write a second part, otherwise I’ve re-started work on my other WIPs)

10 Likes

Congratz hope that it get accepted

1 Like