Tin Star testing

@RanchoJoe -You are probably right about a sequel. It would have to be largely disconnected from the initial story with just a little carry over. Deus EX 2 ran afoul of the problem you postulated, trying to let all three endings from the original occur simultaneously and thereby pleasing no one. That is certainly something to avoid.

@Dominic -I’ll look into those errors. It sounds like I screwed up more than a little. Although this time it does have a hilarious result concerning the raiders/herd interaction. Thanks.

@rialta - Essentially what @NJG said. I’m not certain where/how @Shockbolt saw the start romance option for Carson, but I’ll try to run it down and fix that too. Character reasons aside, nothing is coded in for that sort of thing.

@Ramidel -Good thing I have the weekend off from my day job. :slight_smile: I’ll try to see what happened there. You are supposed to be able to talk to her a bit before things happen, but apparently that works out better in theory than practice.

I agree that a sequel would be a bad idea for this game - particularly with the same MC or anything set in Lander County. In the endgame, Preston Springs might be burning in the distance as you ride away or there might be glass and concrete factories setting up under the benevolent guidance of the local Marshal. And with a bare few exceptions like the Blacksmith, it’s possible for nearly every character in the game to end up on Boot Hill. (Seriously, can you ever be a bastard in this game!)

If there is a sequel, I’d want to play it as an outlaw instead of a Marshal (not that there’s necessarily any difference between the two…but one of them has a tin star from the President and one of them doesn’t).

3 Likes

I suspect Shockbolt may be misremembering. A quick search for [Start romance] through the game code only turns it up for Yiska, Schmidt, Maria and Caraway.

Huh maybe I am, I’ll go through and do a playthrough looking for it.

ok…so im on chapter 4 if i ask caraway to go with me it seems like i cant get schmidt and carson to come? Is there a way to get all 3 of them to come with me???

Nope.

screw the 20 character requirement

Thank you! hey when does jp romance happen im on 5.

@BlueMoon - Chapter six is your sole opportunity to woo Preston. Know that he isn’t an easy catch, and that you will need to startle him out of his prior ways of thinking of you as a competitor/employee. Good luck. :slight_smile:

You need to be very tsundere to win over Preston.

2 Likes

Alright, the new patch is working its way through the process. @Ramidel - Hopefully it will fix the Caraway scene, among other things.

2 Likes

Hi! Can anyone give me a guide to have preston romance ;;
Idk how to be a tsundere to him ,-, and needs helps :confused:

After the conflict at the Red Ribbon camp is finished, the MC notices the river is going to flood (hope i spelled it right) the town and you choose to rush to alert the townsfolk. When the flood passes, start blaming Preson. When the choice comes, choose to let him slap you, then you’ll be given the choice to kiss him. Romance started.

Oh… thats it… i tried to be mean (?) to him and doesnt work Dx So thank you!

1 Like

@AllenGies, I found a bug while playing the iPad version of Tin Star:

In here, why can’t I get the tonic bottle? It seems like an interesting option.

Does anyone here know how to get the snake as a pet?

@NJG -Sorry for the delay on your questions. The tonic doesn’t show up because I made a coding error. A pretty obvious one in hindsight too. Something for the next patch.

The snake is harder. The ,main stumbling block is to not to select a pet. Then, during the golden stagecoach affair, promise one happy thing to Hartigan and then go back on your word. A snake will eventually be thrown through your office window and then you should have a chance to nurse it back to health. Another way to get a snake (actually the first method I coded in but since that looked to be rather obscure…) involves fleeing from the Paiute in chapter 7. Again, you can’t have taken a pet previously, but keep running from the Indians and a serpentine opportunity should present itself.

2 Likes

@AllenGies

What happy thing exactly?

I promised to plunder the stagecoach, and asked to be a gang member.

1 Like

Well, it appears I missed a spot or three in the code that was supposed to support the option of acquiring the snake. Well done in finding that flaw. There will be snakes a plenty eventually.

2 Likes

@AllenGies

I found a bug:

In here, I went to Echo Canyon and made Hartigan’s Gang retreat. Why doesn’t Godfrey mention it?

Edit:

If Reginald kills Hungry Snake, and the MC asks Hartigan about what he knows about the Uptons, Hartigan mentions that he’d like the MC to ‘not kill his friends’. In this case, why can’t the MC tell Hartigan that it was Reginald who killed Hungry Snake?

@NJG - This post slipped past my radar. Very busy these past few weeks. I’ll see what can be done.