The World of Aerath - Treason on the Border

@MacNutsAmountFive

Did you pick Kundrukkar as your city? I think choosing that city prevent from having them for reason that are explained in the scene after selecting them.

@WinterHawk

Yes, I believe I picked that city. I guess that being the center of religion isnā€™t good for their ā€œdistinguishedā€ members.

@MacNutsAmountFive

Ya it does seem counter intuitive that the deepest city of the stone born outlawed a faction that wants to move deeper and sell surface holdings instead of the cities with holdings on the surface. Although I suppose the closer you are to the central power hunting you the harder it is to stay hidden.

Great game so far my only problem is I want to be like a stealth sort of character but to do that means I have to lose karma.
other than that excellent game.

If u be stealthy I bet u cud lose the karma then gain them back later on in the game @TheCourier

This is wonderfully unique, detailed and well written! I can already tell the story will be extremely long and have a really good replayability value. Keep up the good work!

It reminds me of Life of a Wizard.

Mara could be a poisoner bard with a lute with a bulky nord like best friend. Option are almost endless, my problem is there are tons of melee weaponry and bolas in spanish mean balls, some magic use but wtf are bows? i got about 19 20 perception lol i need a bow, i got 11 strength to melee.
Also the steal system is amazing using stealth and deceptionā€¦ i make a fortune in trinkets i really feel inside D&D a young mara starting her bardic life in your world with 75 or evil karma alreadyā€¦ Great job guys but add a perception based weapon for us charismatic perception based rogues.

One thing Iā€™d suggest, though, is to add more personality to your best friend. I know itā€™s too early to tell if thatā€™s a real issue, but so far I was under the impression that heā€™s mainly a prop.

Yeah cause I think my bulky friend would be a warrior and Wudnt like to study books or magic with me.

Funny thing - the scene when the turnkey comes in, I thought I was hallucinating a turkey, because I was so hungry - I had to read the scene again.

Haha yep me to

I tried it and I love it.

I also saw the word turkey maybe it was because I really did eat turkey
Fun fact for birthdays we donā€™t eat cake we eat turkey :smiley:

A very respectable game choices are both endless yet hold variety and meaningfulness. The names are easy to remember and also felt i had a meaningful friendship with my female daemonforge friend. I hope to see more great work.

@MaraJade ā€œBolas (from Spanish bola, ā€œballā€, also known as boleadoras, or Inca ayllo) are a throwing weapon superficially similar to the surujin, made of weights on the ends of interconnected cords, designed to capture animals by entangling their legsā€

I agree with Blackheart - it seemed weird that my best friend was also studying to go to magic school, even though that wasnā€™t their area.

Thanks @Smeet for agreeing with me I think the friends personality should determine what he does and studies like the sneaky best friend wonā€™t seem to be really wanting to follow you into magic or anything and the bulky one prolly wonā€™t want to be all sneaky either.

Great game love it carnt wait for more

You can tell a great game when you get engrossed in it right from the start, then get ticked when it ends, lol. This my friend, is a great game. Canā€™t wait to play after youā€™ve got more finished.

When it ended all I could say was ā€œcome on!ā€ Really good work with this project man keep it up!

Hi guys! First of all, we just wanted to thank everyone for all the positive feedback. This is our first CS gameā€¦weā€™ve never done anything like this before so your words are very encouraging. Sorry we havenā€™t replied sooner, we both needed a couple of days away from thinking about the game as itā€™s been a pretty intense couple of months of planning, coding and writing.

Now, as far as specific concerns with the game goā€¦in regards to the Deep ones we will be revisiting the perk given, when it is given and what city it is available in. Nothing concrete as of yet but it is clearly something that needs looking at so it will be addressed.

In regards to the fact that your friend often does the same activities as you do regardless of their archetype, we agree. It makes no sense. References to the friend will be taken out of that scene. Of course that will have the effect of making the friend seem even more superfluous than they are already. To that, let me assure you all that that will change as the narrative progresses. The best friend is an integral character to the story and has a distinct personality with specific needs and and their own moral compass.

As far as having no positive or neutral karma options for stealth characters that was also a mistake. The mistake mainly came about due to a significant scene rewrite. The mentor scene was initially FAR more complex. Was coded and everything but it meant writing flavour text for almost 200 different permutations of the scene. We decided that it was probably a little gratuitous so simplified it to what we have currently. Unfortunately it means several things (such as positive karma stealth) slipped through
the cracks.

Anyway, weā€™ve talked it through and what we have decided on is that it will remain the same as is for now with the exception of Daemonforged and Rakshasa. Reason being is that Infiltrators and Spys are respected in both of those cultures and it makes sense to have some method of institutionalised training in their larger cities. For the remaining 5 nations however, while they may utilise such skills, it is certainly not a typically condoned or respected skill set and as such weā€™re comfortable with the negative karma options being the only ones initially available. There will be ample opportunity to use stealth in positive ways throughout the game and make up that karma loss.

Hope that answers most peoples concerns, thanks again for the feedback and please let us know if you have any other ideas or questions!