The Witch of Reimden (WIP)

That’s so punny :laughing:. I didn’t realize till you said it lol.

1 Like

I read through the story, and I have to admit I like her characters a lot. Like, a lot. They’re very in depth characters, and are handled well. No offense, but Gert could be handled way better.

1 Like

Exactly, people won’t worry about customization if you have the right character. But it has to be a really good character, or you won’t pull it off. There’s tangible proof right there.

:wink:

Yeah I have agree with the others for this one. Not enough freedom, every thing seems set. And I already dislike the main character, forcing me to grope someone seriously? Super uncomfortable with that.

2 Likes

I have no problem with that, you have already played the game. :slight_smile:

Link: Dropbox - Error

You wrote earlier that if I “do need help with coding”. Well, I am a beginner, but the wiki here seems good enough. The lack of real choices, which is obviously not liked here was a creative decision and maybe a novel is a better way to tell this story, I don’t know at this point.

Thanks for your feedback, it’s very helpful.

“Are you sure you want to write a Cog instead a normal book?”

I am not sure. :slight_smile: I would like to write this as a choice game or interactive novel, but maybe I need to think it over again.

1 Like

“There is a lot of good in that age as well as “brutal reality”.”

I know that, but I chose this old school “Dark Age” ethos on purpose. There was a Carolingian and Ottonian Renaissance and there were educated people, powerful women and even gay people back then, I am fully aware all of these, but it looked more convenient and offered more fun, if I chose the stereotypes.

Thank you for your feedback. I understand what is your problem with the MC and the choices.

About the whipping: if you choose the let him go option your science point will increase, so you are not stupid, but again, I understand your problem and you made some good points. Thanks again.

I don’t have an excuse, but I am sorry if reading the story made you feel such uncomfortable feelings. It was not intended.

2 Likes

I’m talking about how your story is structured. I see your doing this:

[spoiler] How do you feel about this?

*choice
	#We have to defend our homeland, Baldouin made a good decision and he is a great leader.
		*goto 1
			*label 1
			Blah.
		*goto 4
	#Evangelization is a noble cause, may God bless Baldouin.
		*goto 2
			*label 2
			Blah, blah.
		*goto 4
	#That's religious intolerance and I am disgusted.
		*goto 3
			*label 3
			Blah, blah, blah.
		*goto 4
*label 4

When you could be doing this:
How do you feel about this?

*choice
	#We have to defend our homeland, Baldouin made a good decision and he is a great leader.
		Blah.
		*goto 4
		Blah.
		*goto 4
		Blah, blah, blah.
		*goto 4
*label 4

Or even this:
How do you feel about this?

*fake_choice
		Blah.
		Blah, blah.
		Blah, blah, blah!

[/spoiler]

Of course, if what you’re doing is working for you I’m not saying any of my ways are better. I just know that it’s normally easier for me to avoid bugs and stuff by using “fake_choices”.

EDIT: Spoiler tags don’t work on code? Sorry!

1 Like

Thanks, your solution is indeed much more cleaner.

You wrote that the game lacks real choices, that’s why I answered that it was because of a decision and not because of my coding knowledge. Honestly, after I read all these comments I am still try to find the best solution for adding more freedom to this story.

I enjoyed it and hope you continue the project.

1 Like

Some comments:

1. As a humorous farce about a judgmental and arrogant young man who is eminently confident in his poor understanding of the world the game is rather amusing. I love the way he’s so proud of having read --four-- books. And yes, given that particular time period, that is quite an achievement, but a laughable one in contrast to our own more modern expectations.

2. The author needs to decide whether he’s aiming for a CYOA or a digital novel where the reader has some influence on events. If he truly wants the former than he needs to stay away from forcing actions that many players will find repugnant, such as smacking the servant girl’s derrière. If he’s going to go with the latter than I strongly suggest changing the voice of the MC from 2nd person to either 1st person or 3rd person, ie. replace “you” with “I” or “he”, so the reader doesn’t feel forced to do things they don’t like.

4 Likes

Thank you for your comment, I am glad you liked it and I agree your second paragraph. I think I will make that decision in a few days and start to continue the writing after that.

I am glad you enjoyed it, thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I enjoy it can’t wait for more

1 Like

I am glad you liked it and I would like to write this story at a good pace, so I hope you don’t need to wait too long.

1 Like

Although I agree with you yet I don’t see anyone complaining about Guinevere where the only choice you have is sex orientation :man_shrugging:

Why was my comment flagged? Just because someone stated something you don’t like does not make it inappropriate smh

2 Likes

As I said already I agree with this but I never saw anyone complain about Guinevere where you hardly have any choice either

1 Like

Almost four-year-old thread. Author of WIP: If you wish to reopen this thread, please let me know.