The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

In my first run of b2, Dezh let Verda learn. Her reasoning: Verda is more competent than 99.99999% of the Agency, and if anyone could find a cure to magical leprosy, it’s Verda. Unfortunately, for him to figure it out, he’d have to figure out there were supernaturals, and he was already on that route, so… she just left him to figure it out.

Then I saw how it ended at the end of b2 and Dezh felt like shit. Throw in the invitation to Mason to go to dinner–the invitation to Mason was one of the worst written scenes I’ve encountered in this game, because it didn’t fit how MC should relate to Mason and it didn’t allow for a MC who has a fucking brain, didn’t allow the MC to actually explain anything, and didn’t allow for some empathy over how the vampires would feel about some rando finding out–and I was over that route. Now, no one learns. I am sad over what could’ve been, however, and have my own version of how it all went down that is my canon.

You do know by then that you’re supposedly going to have an influx of supernaturals, but we have yet to actually see it. Because “it’s not time” yet, probably, and because there’s no needed angst from it yet. :roll_eyes:

As for the ratio, I don’t think there are that many in Wayhaven. I thought Sera made a comment about that. I’ll have to see if I can dig it up.

But, yeah, I get where you’re coming from (or rather, where Verda would be coming from, since I assume the MC told him about their special blood that all supes want).

3 Likes