The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

My bet would probably be with N’s and/or F’s route. For M’s, I’m not sure but there’s a high probability.

I got the feeling that Alexa would make the first move to Adam since he’s more stubborn.
For Mason, he would probably initiate it and in impulse with Lisbeth since Lisbeth rationalize everything. She knows Mason is bad news and hesitant about him even though she knows she is falling for him. :joy:

5 Likes

I’m rereading Wayhaven Chronicles and a question came up. How came Murphy didn’t catch the MCs scent when they first meet? I get that he was busy with UB, but given how obsessed he was with this type of blood I’d assume that he at least notices it being near even while being in the middle of a fight.

2 Likes

Found the ask about this.

Yeah. Murphy was too hopped up on adrenaline to really notice. Adrenaline overtakes their hyper senses in a life and death situation!

If he’d been there longer he would have, that’s why Murphy was silent and didn’t move closer to the MC after banging into them. He was getting a hint of something different about the MC…but then UB barged in, lol!

7 Likes

I have a serious question is our character deeply asexual and against sexual consensul activity between adults.
Maybe I am weird and i come from a culture that a common presentation is give to kiss in cheek.

But waiting years to give a kiss or say HI I WANT A DATE is something i can’t understand. I hope that at lest game address that we have sexual affairs or let us choose if w have them. sorry i just can’t get how without being aro ace aa character would remain like a monk in perpetual virginity and celibacy years until the guy girls decide maybe give it a go.

I am not asking rushing romances. Just a choice to say we aren’t sexual jailed with chastity belts meanwhile romance is nowhere. Sorry i am sexual active adult ifis only looking stars for decades thats friendship

3 Likes

I think someone ask this to Sera in her Tumblr. She mentioned that it will leave it to the readers headcanon about the MC’s previous affairs. I do remember an ask about the MC’s sexual experience. I’ll look for the ask after work.

The closest ask I saw was from this ask:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/166776410859/im-really-nervous-to-ask-this-but-if-sex-between/amp

The question was

if it was possible to play the MC as previously having no sexual experience.

Sera’s answer:

But yeah, if sexual experience pops up as a conversation- which I’m not sure if it will or not, it would have to fit in smoothly- then yeah having no experience will definitely be an option :slight_smile:

We could conclude that there will be an option if ever a conversation relating to experiences comes up.

2 Likes

It is if There are two thinks i hate in romance games

is being forced to be a virgin girl blushing because I am afraid sex

Being forced to not haven’t sexual desires and being bottom and submmisive with no option to lead and asking for a date myself.

It is i know that’s more common in otome. But I am exactly the opposite. Maybe when romance started could choose our dynamic because if I have to be a submission bottom blushing is not engaging or anything for me is like see painting dry.

I am weird i know i want dates jokes funny puns share and ice cream. but i also want intimacy

1 Like

She isn’t forcing the player to play a blushing, virgin MC. What Sera said is that if the option to state the MC’s sexual history comes up it would include the option for the MC to have no sexual experience, as an option, not as the default.

You are not forced into playing a sexually or romantically inexperienced character, but should the topic come up, she said the option will be there.

Furthermore, Book 2 (the one Sera is currently writing) includes a shy/bold stat, meaning that the game will now track what type of flirting style you prefer.

Sera is doing everything she can to deliver as many avenues as possible to romance Unit Bravo while still creating a fun game with an intriguing plot.

22 Likes

Where i was saying she was forcing anything? @rose-court I am tired that anyone asking something and have a minimum of feedback critical are ACCUSED of doing this or that . I just thought for a moment one could have talk in this thread but i see is The no feedback policy … Well i will gave my feedback when will be too late and game will be released then. And why people asking

Why didn’t you give you feedback beforehand
Oh i tried but forum people don’t want hear feedback because is attacking author.

And by the way BOLD text is not bold at all. in the demo. is not like in first game.

3 Likes

I think you guys are not understanding what Mara means.

What she means and I agree to a point is, even the bold flirting doesn’t stop you from being like a teenager in love at some points. And what she also means, I think, is how the game forces us to wait for our RO once we are in their path. For example we don’t have the option to go to any of them and be like “listen, I like you, I want to know you better and see where this goes”. We are forced to follow the pace of the game and to not have the initiative, and feel unsure at times.

And in that sense I do agree, for those of us that are very direct it feels a bit unnatural to now go to our RO and just tell them straight away we like them. A being a slow burn shouldn’t dictate the way our MC behaves, basically.

And her other point about sex, I think is mostly aimed at A’s route. Because they are slow burn, we will likely expend lots of books without getting laid with anyone because we are locked on A’s path, and since they have a stick up their ass and won’t have sex with us, we will be forced to be something like “I just don’t want to get laid with others… just with A”, even if that’s not what some MC’s would do.

15 Likes

Exactly I have been talking other fans from outside and mostly boys think same Meira has said. It is i don’t want be following a path that forces me be unsure and shy and be a teen. Pc is not a teen. Is adult and not all adults want be inexperienced and being described and paced to be a follower beta
I feel railroad to be a waiting creature to RO makes a step Ro takes initiative RO decide want to move and want to go away.

Pc even in bold is a quiet viewer LUSTING for any of RO do something there is not Action not proactive do or plan. We are a pawn of plot. I don’t find any choice any plan anything to describe and obtaining what Pc really wants.

And A route is directly Nun route as i am closed by plot to romance my hand two years without any logical perspective or no even choices have flints.

I think several additional choices and flavours could make game far better and reaching more people. I loved first game. But Demo has not same content i like so I think I have right to express my opinion

4 Likes

I think you should take this feedback to Sera, then. Let her know that have some fake choices in which MC is like “alright I am going to ask for a date” and then something happens that stops us from doing so.

The plot can stops us from asking for things, but at least we can have the fake choices to feel more in character.

7 Likes

Yeah that’s want i wanted. Something that could be realistic role-playing as a person more bold. I could for instance ask N to have a coffe or go to a boutique bought accessories. M i could be more direct in flirty.

And Adam maybe a choice you could select of have dates or friends with benefits. Something people don’t want could skip and be faithful to A

1 Like

That’s a really fair point, and I don’t necessarily disagree, but I also feel like the Wayhaven MC is kind of limited. I know when people tend to talk about “games that have main characters who are more set by the author,” people tend to say things like Samurai of Hyuga or Fallen Hero, but I’ve always felt like Wayhaven was a game that also had a fairly limited MC. Not a bad MC necessarily, I obviously enjoy the games quite a bit, but I’ve always felt like the romance choice (where you can automatically get with whatever member of UB you want) only really works because the main character is limited into being someone that a member of UB would find attractive.

So I think sometimes there can be a little bit of a disconnect, because I read something like this …

And I think it should be more like, “even if that’s something that people want their MCs to be able to do,” rather than saying it’s what an MC would do, since the MC written by Sera wouldn’t. The MC as written by Sera is going along the romance path as Sera wants to pace it–which is a perfectly valid writing choice, but not something that’s going to appeal to everyone.

Like, taking A’s route in specific–if the main character could be banging other NPCs, would A take that as a rejection? Or a sign of disinterest? It might change the way A interacts with the MC, or thinks about them, and so might have effects on how A deals with their own feelings about the detective. Which could change the pacing from what Sera has in mind for them and their romance path.

Same for being able to ask A out early–would A say yes if the MC came onto them right away, or would A panic and pull away because that’s too much commitment too fast? Or because they don’t know if the MC is very serious about them, and A clearly needs someone to be serious about the relationship? If A rejects the MC early on, shouldn’t the MC get the choice to move on? Would A also move on? Again, it would probably change the way A interacts with the MC, and change the way their relationship developments.

(And then ditto for all the other characters. Sera has a pace in mind, and the main character kind of needs to conform to them.)

Some of the draw of the individual UB members isn’t just who they are or what their character is, but also what their romance path is. M is intense and physical, A is slowburn and full of pining, etc. So choosing to romance A isn’t just about getting to romance A however the MC would want to, but also about signing up for several books of pining and slowburn, just because that’s how it’s written, and A is the pining and slowburn option. It doesn’t have to be enjoyable to everyone, but I’ve always felt like Sera was pretty up front about this being the case

18 Likes

I agree with all of this, and that is why I said fake choices. That way players can roleplay their mc’s more to their tastes without really affecting the plot because “surprise! Before you can act on the choice you just made something happened and it’s impossible to do so!”.

10 Likes

Or you can made it and RO directly say hahh you are joking all embarrassed…
It happened to me several times in real life. Like the guy was shy and not sure so he made like my advances were jokes . So if let him for impossible and two months after he asked me to go on a date.

I mean there are millions of fake choices that helps a lot role-playing without many working out of plot

5 Likes

I think I agree with people about the MC being limited. They act like a typical otome game protagonist. It mostly works for me more or less, but it’s clear that there are preferred choices. For example when Ava suddenly wraps her scarf around my MC I tryed to pick the reaction I’d have: Even if the most attractive woman I’ve ever seen would do that to me my first reaction wouldn’t be blushing or flirting with her. My first reaction would be being confused by the sudden out of character action and trying to step away without even thinking (unless I actually know someone I’m not comfortable with people being too close and especially not with them touching me), only after that would I get embarrassed or/and thank my lucky stars for what happened. All I got for that choice was 2 or maybe 3 sentences and the feeling that I just locked my MC as not interested in Ava.

7 Likes

Honestly guys, you saying this just makes me repeat what I said before, you should be saying this to Sera. Give your feedback, give your opinion, say options you would like to have, and maybe Sera would listen to some of that and add them?

Isn’t this thread for giving feedback? If the only way to give feedback is through tumblr then sorry, can’t do that.

The correct thread to give feedback is the WIP one. This is for general discussion of the future book :smiley:

4 Likes

I see. My bad. All these threads confused me.

3 Likes