The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I have heard that memory is only infinite in regards to the fact that we will never be capable of filling it within the span of a single human lifespan.
Here’s an article from the Scientific American regarding human memory capacity.

And here’s a quote that illustrates my point:

Granted, we don’t remember every little detail, which certainly frees up some space, but if certain theories regarding A being a Viking hold any salt, then they would either have already hit their memory wall or are very close to it, and I just don’t see Sera introducing that level of angst to the story.

Fraught emotional connections? Grudges against humanity for the way they’ve been treated as a vampire? Emotional repression?
Heck ye boi, it’s right there in the manual, lol.

But losing the memories of their loved ones and of their human life? Potentially losing memories of the MC after just a couple of centuries??
To be perfectly frank, that’s a level of angst and drama that I don’t think Sera is willing to fall into.

8 Likes

Vampire brain is not human brain. Same vampire muscles aren’t human muscles. The fact if use pheromones and super senses proof it they had to re wire the brain and maybe vampire renew neurones. I mean apply human limitations to a creature designed to be far over those limitations is sterile Due is a creature from imagination. I could imagine a vampire that turns it self in a tree to sleep. And well try to argue about human physics in my world of Fantasy he became a tree

A natural vampire brain is definitely something that would naturally have more potential, I think, but a human-born vampire is explicitly human in nature, and logically should have such limitations because vampirism is only said to help them reach their full potential, not…supersede it.

But then we get into the specifics I mentioned earlier about how A, N, and M shatter these upper limitations, and things get foggy because on the one hand, it’s explicitly mentioned that they’re still human in many respects, but on the other…that doesn’t make sense given what we’ve seen of them.

We actually had a discussion a couple of months back regarding the nature of vampirism and at some point somebody I wondered if it didn’t work like a virus, rewriting the host’s DNA.

Such a thing could…partially explain some of the weird stuff that we see them do (weird being, something humans are absolutely incapable of doing), due to the fact that while many of the cells and structures and systems are human in nature, the DNA that codes them from now on is…alien in some manner.

And then Sera literally came in and said, “Haha, I…really don’t think about it in this much detail, guys! It’s…it’s magic.” lol

So.

:woman_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

300 years of memory, and i still struggle remembering…anything really when i take a test :weary:

In that case then becoming a vampire can cause neurons to leave their G0 phase so they can divide again, expanding the brain’s storage and explaining how they can survive (and heal) blows to the head that would have been deadly to a human.

I don’t blame her because if vampires made complete logical sense, they would probably exist in real life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: unless they actually do, but we have no idea because they were smart enough to hide behind fake vampire lore

5 Likes

You know, when I see N’s answers to these questions it just makes me so sad. In conjunction with the overprotective scenario that Sera wrote it just seems like N would be willing to sacrifice themselves over anyone, even if that person is evil or hurting them. It’s selfless but it shows how little they value themselves and that’s heartbreaking to me.

7 Likes

Let’s not forget the vampires in this world don’t need to breathe, so… that just makes all the human functions the more tricky to explain.

4 Likes

shrugs x2

Damn. You know, Agency should really think about revealing the big secret to the world.

'Cause vampire astronauts and cosmonauts! Environment with no oxygen? No problem. Radiation? Pfft. Zero/low g force? Try harder, pal.

Bam, Moon colonized. Construction begins on Mars. Just make sure to pack enough tubes with blood jelly (is that a thing i wonder :thinking:)

14 Likes

Hey.

Spacial supernaturals.

If they are not a thing I will be disappointed.

Who needs aliens when you can have space magic.

9 Likes

I know I’m late to this, but in the concept of being turned into a Vampire after having normal kids. I would probably at that point, wait until my kids were old enough. 18 - 20. And then give them a choice if they would like to be a vampire like His/Her parents. Or if they wanted to stay as they are.

Of course, they could stay a human as long as they wanted but if they wanted to go through the change, they could always ask. So in that sense after your kids have kids they could ask be turned. It could be a family tradition of sorts!

4 Likes

Lmaooo

You know, now that I think about it, I see what you mean. N would throw themselves into danger without thinking to save anyone (Unless they were a super bad villain I guess), but like even if that person who died one N’s behalf was bad-N would still feel terrible…I don’t even- Stupid union cutting ninjas. But perhaps it’s because N is just N? Like they would risk their life for anyone…But then again, there was that gif sera posted to describe N a while back about the kid with the broken face.

Summary

giphy%20(19)

Meaning, maybe they really don’t value or care about their well being or themselves in general? But maybe it could just mean that N has been through a lot in their life… Could this have to do with N disliking being a vampire?
And I think you’re right about N risking their life to save anyone, N. But…do you really think they don’t value their life? :cry: Imma go cry now.

10 Likes

IMO, it’s not that they want to throw their lives away but they consider everyone else more important in life and death situations. They also blame everything on themselves. They never seem to blame Murphy, despite him being the one who caused all this damage, just themselves for not being able to stop it.

The biggest hint for me is in the scenario that Sera wrote where Nate genuinely didn’t think about the possibility that he would mean as much to the MC that it would devastate the Detective if he were gone.

I think they take doing the right thing to far too the extreme. Although, I kind of wonder, we already know that N hasn’t ever been truly in love before. But I wonder if they’ve ever experienced the opposite end of the spectrum? Have they ever absolutely hated someone before?

17 Likes

Since Sera has said that vampirism makes one the best one can be, I’d say that an improvement in memory capacity is a reasonable thing that could happen.

The only limits are the ones of quantum physics! :grin:

1 Like

Petition for @Seraphinite to make this canon. So that the vampires will never forget MC and we all live happily ever after. The end. :grin:

Of course, if Sera doesn’t want to, that’s okay. I will just go cry in a corner if that would be the case.

6 Likes

I’m sure this is the type of thing that can be left to headcanon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why does this seem so N-like.

13 Likes

And I will headcanon the shit out of that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I just can’t bear the thought of them losing their memories of MC :cry:

9 Likes

It seems N like because that’s totally something they would do. I find it funny how they specifically asked for N because how charming and persuasive they are.

9 Likes

I can totally see N excelling in this job :rofl:

Those Royals: I’m afraid this topic is no longer up for discussion. (rises from seat)

- N strolls in with a smile on their face -

Those Royals: Uh…on second thought…
* clears throat and sits back down *

15 Likes

G-Guys…

Me:

she’s so beautiful I’m dying

26 Likes

She’s so beautiful! I love it! :heart:

8 Likes