The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

As far as I know, no it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Trying to guilt someone into letting them stay at your house is pretty inappropriate and manipulative. Also just because he’s a rich kid with little experience doesn’t mean he’s allowed to harass people after they’ve made it clear they’re not interested (there was a scene where the detective could say something like “Nothing I do for you means I have any romantic feelings towards you” or something like that).

(Apologies, I meant to post this here originally)

4 Likes

It’s just his character, I don’t think the author should change him at all. Douglas has lived a life where his father couldn’t care less about him which could seriously damage a kid, and now suddenly there’s a woman who was willing to save him. That’s a life changing event, it’s normal for him to idolize the detective, to have a crush on her and to want to be with her. Having someone Willing to save you and protect you is no small thing. Overall I don’t think he should be changed just because it makes some uncomfortable, yeah I may seem like a douchebag for believing that but it’s just what I think.

12 Likes

Also I’ve never seen him flex that he’s a rich kid and comes from a powerful father. And is therefore entitled to say and do anything.

7 Likes

@HeliosTheAll-Seeing No double-posting, mate. Try to merge all your answers into one post.

1 Like

I’m honestly incredibly uncomfortable with his route. It’s one thing to shoot your shot and then get rejected, it’s entirely different to keep on pursuing someone even after they’ve made it clear that they are not at all interested in you. My MC could literally never be interested in Douglas because she’s a lesbian, but for some reason we were never given the option to just come right out and say that, so my MC had to endure what is borderline sexual harassment from him for all of book 2.

I really really hope book 2 gets an update at some point where we can straight up tell Douglas that we’re not interested (either because we’re not attracted to men or just because he’s not our type) because as it is currently I actually dread playing through Book 2 with some of my MCs because I know I’ll have to read through Douglas’s harassment again.

19 I believe. Somewhere in that area anyways.

2 Likes

Yeah. Wait, How old is MC?

Between 24 and 30, I believe. Douglas is 18.

Ah okay.

I hope so too…I kind of want the Douglas route to shift over to mentoring instead of the crush and a chance to disabuse him of the notion that he can get with Female!MC as soon as possible (Male! and NB!MC get pure hero worship on the Douglas route apparently).

Wait. He still hits on Female!MC even if she’s gay? Even Falk apparently does not hit on a gay female MC (I do not know if he hits on gay/bi male MCs or NB MCs that are attracted to men/are attracted to men and women).

4 Likes

Yeah he does. That’s why it kind of stood out to me, because I remember the author fixing the bug where Falk hit on gay Female!MC. So I assumed maybe this was a bug (I hope it is). In any case, it’s very uncomfortable to play through.

Edit:

I have no idea if this is a bug, but I think maybe it’s the same email as for other CoG bugs. I don’t remember the exact email address though. Alternatively, maybe the author will see this on the forum, though I know she said that she’s very rarely active on here.

2 Likes

How do we report Wayhaven bugs?

Also the hero-worship, and the complete 180 that Douglas does after being saved seems pretty awkward on its own (plus there’s still the drama of Douglas following MC and UB into dangerous situations, not realizing that UB are vampires, etc.).

1 Like

Personal opinion here if you disagree totally cool I just feel like people need to chill on Douglas he’s just a kid and I highly doubt he’s always going to be cringe worthy eventually the MC will have a convo with him and he’ll have some character growth but it ain’t going to happen overnight and along the way he will make mistakes everyone does and some of those mistakes will totally suck and we will disagree with it but until he grows up maybe cut some slack.

16 Likes

He’s 19 sexually harassing his boss after being told no we’re not interested, and even showing up at their house at night. Just because he maybe have character growth eventually, doesn’t mean we can’t criticize him now.

11 Likes

at 19 you aren’t a kid anymore. If you commit a crime, you aren’t treated as a Juvenile , but as an adult . Also, don’t tell players to ‘put up with Sexual harassement’’ till he grow . As it is, those who don’t care for him, has only one option to put up with Bobby who try to kiss you (yurk).

He is a character, he may change in the final release of Book 3, maybe he won’t . But all the characters had their fills of ‘Love, and Hate, and frustration’ , and he isn’t above those just cose he is a ‘young’ adult .

I for one, if I knew he turn like this…I would’ve let those zombies take him when we went for drinks :smile:

5 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember the MC having any real conversation with him about it but I might not remember. I also don’t think he’s sexually harassing the MC he hasn’t asked her to do anything innaporiate or tried to do anything innaporiate he just has a crush and yeah going to her place was weird but the way I read it he went to her mostly cause he has no one else to go but that’s the way I read it. And I’m sorry but nineteen is still a kid hell in my book people are kids in they’re early twenties. Anyway I’m not saying to suddenly like him I’m just saying people should ease up a bit.

25 Likes

I agree

4 Likes

Also just because your legally an adult doesn’t mean you are mentally it’s all about experience and I’m sure we can all agree Douglas has none he’s a rich kid who hasn’t gone through anything really, it’s why my mom beat me up so much as a baby just grabbed my legs and spun me around in the air.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I didn’t know Bobby is a RO…

1 Like

Really? I thought it was only the four