The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (WIP)

Good work as always, Sera! :+1::grin: I really can’t wait for it full release ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ

6 Likes

Hey, I’m sorry if this is a dumb question but I can’t see any of the updated chapters in the demo. Where do I find them?
P.S. Big fan.

1 Like

The demo won’t be updated further than that, the new chapters are being tested by people helping Sera not by all of us; I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for the final book to come out! :smiley:
I can’t wait for that as well, but we have to be patient.
Oh, and welcome in the community! Hope you will write us more and more and become a part of the crew! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Sighs and goes back to waiting patiently… mostly.

Thanks! I have always been a silent lurker on the website.

2 Likes

Progress Report

The first version of Chapter 11 is completed!!!

Oh man, I was rocketing through writing this week, hehe :smiley:

All of the writing for the first version is finished. It’ll still need editing and going through another draft, but I’ll do that when I’ve completed all of Chapter 11. It also now includes an important big branch after the LI scenes for the two different versions are done…which I totally forgot about, lol!

It’s actually a branch I’ve been pretty excited to put in since I got to Book Two. I also finally was able to write a scene for the Love Triangle route that I planned out about five years ago!!

Seriously so exciting to be able to take these ideas from so long ago and finally bring them to life through the story!

So yeah, a super great week where I already met my monthly goal :smiley:

Hope everyone has an amazing week, and I’ll update you all again next Friday! :slight_smile:

100 Likes

It’s always an amazing weekend when we hear from you Sera! Thanks for the update. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiley:

4 Likes

Do you know how hard it is to keep myself from reading the demo, because I want the full experience of the second book in one go? xD It’s great you make such good progress, good job!

12 Likes

Yeah. I read it about 8 times before I had to stop. I’d have the thing memorized by the time it came out. I’m hoping by the time it comes out it will mostly seem new to me again.

2 Likes

tenor%20(8)

ahem

9 Likes

Oh yeah! I’m so excited for the second book, I’ve still been replaying the 1st to find the best save file to move forward with.

6 Likes

Progress Report

I got surprisingly more done this week than I thought considering there was a lot of other things I had to do this week!

Which has meant I’ve shot past my goal for this month, which I wasn’t actually sure I was going to be able to meet at all, hehe :smiley:

My goal for May was to finish one version of Chapter 11. I not only managed that, but I’ve also got one version of the opening for the other version of Chapter 11 (my word, that’s a confusing sentence, lol!), and also 2 LI scenes finished for it as well!!

So yeah, I was rocketing ahead this month.

For June’s goal , it’s to complete the whole of Chapter 11, including the branch after the different versions of the LI scenes.

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend! :slight_smile:

102 Likes

You too.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know concerning the progress!

Great as it is that you are keeping the deadline, remember: we’d like you to write you that book two to be written well. You can take your time. We would like it to be as excellent as first one [or more but you get the point :slight_smile: ].

I hope you have had as much fun writing this amazing thing as we’ve had reading through the first one.

I also appreciate you “implemented” the sarcastic replies. Reminds me of the British sitcom Blackadder.

Have a good week, guys!

3 Likes

Great news. I’m really excited about this saga.

How many chapters will it have?? And how many chapters has the first book??

I will try not being rude… But There is any bold flavour text at all in the demo? I felt playing submission the game and being a default Shy virgin girl blushing like prince peach witing for a male to save her.

I loved first part because Allows a bold no shit personality and a firm assertive detective that want what she wants and will do her work confidently. Here that is gone. And is changed to a blushing submissive creature fear of her own shadow.

Not let me wrong is very well written. Still CHOICE games. I want choice of not being Disney princess and being the modern woman I was in first game. As it is now I won’t buy the next game and i won’t recommended it to anyone except that ones play with a submissive pc shy and romantic. that is a great option but not what i am interested at all.

Umm, I play as dominant characters all the time, as you, I can’t stand playing as a shy blushing mess.

I played the demo back when it came out, so it’s been a while since I played it, but I don’t remember it forcing us to play as a shy person.

Just to double check, I made a quick run playing with Mason, since he is the most dominant of all the RO’s, and while he obviously is direct and right to the point, we have the choices to be as direct as he is.

Was there any particular moment that annoyed you? Or maybe you didn’t pick the right choices? :thinking:

17 Likes

I played only A of the demo today. My character blushed several times and end quiet. Almost unable to speech then when bantering with F and N in first play was dynamic and my character was ironic prankster here is extremely quiet with barely no jokes.

That is what I asked if was bold and that choices implemented in the demo. Because everything felt passive and shy. My charactwr is type go alone hospital Shoot A and all brave bold choices also combat knowledge.
Another thing is seems to assume my character is all FOR THE GOOD OF CITY my character entering in law enforcement to escape jail. I liked the scene with the girl that changed form. And how the fact my character is pro magi people is well recorded.

Missed some old sarcastic choices with A Saying Him Don’t be Grumpy I know you missed me … And I need redesigned my home if you want pushing something you are welcomed…

The dialogue was basically my girl blushing and awkward like The ugly duckling.

However maybe it was me that messed dialogue choices or something :thinking:

I will try again and check it wasn’t my legendary clumsiness choice wrong button or similar

1 Like

I haven’t played much of A route, but later on I will have a run for it and see if you can play as a bold character or if you get some blushing scenes regardless of your stats and choices.

1 Like

Maybe I should not have started for A. But I had so much fun with him in first part, making him mad with my blunt bold character never doing what him expected. My favourite as romance and canon Is N. F is like my little brother and M is like I don’t see romance there as my Character romancing him is all about sex and aromantic. So I started with A. That is quite distant and annoyed with pc however have sense as He was away several months and he is repressing feelings . He is well portrayed. My problem was with the mc. But maybe it was me that mistake any choice well creating character.

I missed too a choice to say I am at your level and not a mere Secretary so I hope you take me account.

1 Like