The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

I guess everyone sees it differently. For me, if N wanted to wait until the case was solved they should have put a hold on the whole flirting thing too. It just makes it a bit tiring (for me) to go through the route again, because nothing happens really. But that is only my opinion. Everyone has different tastes. Their route is still pretty enjoyable, it has its moments, and I really think that N’s route on book 3 will be faster because of the slow progress on this one.

1 Like

Felix just wow :kissing:

5 Likes

That is a really good point. You can’t have it both ways I guess. Too serious a case to have a date, but not serious enough to stop flirting.

I look forward to Book 3 and the opportunity to actually have a romantic relationship with N.

2 Likes

That’s true but then you look at what happens after the second nightmare she literally blocks herself and ends the conversation. That’s something I expect from Ava in fact that is exactly what Ava does in her rout only Ava does it twice. The only reason I’m ok with it coming from Ava instead of Nat is because it’s established in book 1 that Ava is unhappy she has feeling for the Mc and is even afraid of those feelings where as Nat in the first POV of book 2 is like I do indeed have feelings for the Mc I just don’t know how to label those feelings yet. (Nat babe PLEASE it’s ok to tell me You love me I’m all ears!!! :kissing_heart:)

1 Like

Umm need a little help… After putting I forgot always says having poor connection despite having good connection…
How can I save my game?

@Rohan_Das - You need to send an email to: support@choiceofgames.com .

These types of issues are thing that can not be solved here on the forums.

2 Likes

We can save now?!

1 Like

No, there is no save feature in Book 2 yet. It will only be implemented when Book 3 is at least 80% complete. The post above refers to retrieving save files from Book 1 (I think).

1 Like

Yeah, I get that it is a process for N too, of course they need to get to the part where they absolutely know what it is that they feel. But their flirting doesn’t stop there. After that the romance is pretty much N flirting a bit by dropping a comment or two that show how much they are attracted to the MC and that’s about it. Considering that the plot of the story is underwhelming ( I guess to give space for the romances to unfold) it makes N’s route a bit empty and not that interesting for repeated playthroughs. Again, this is how I see it. I am glad that most people enjoyed that route

3 Likes

Oh,ok.

I think it will be interesting to see if people’s faves have changed now. My order has certainly changed! After book one it was

Mason/Nate
LT
Felix
Adam

Now its

Mason/Felix
LT
Nate/Adam

3 Likes

N’s flirts didn’t really make sense for me until I internally reframed it as a historical novel courtship process. It’s clear that they thought they and the MC were an item pretty much in the first few chapters of the story, but they weren’t making it official or actually starting things for reals for some reason—even if there wasn’t an interruption, N would leave or drop it on their own. And when looked at through a modern lens it made no sense because they’d already told the detective their feelings half a dozen times.

And then M made that comment and when I thought of it as “N asking the detective for exclusive permission to begin a historical novel courtship process at the beginning of Part 2” it suddenly made sense. Historical novel courtships did view the people involved as being an item who are exclusive to each other for the duration the permission to court was granted, but weren’t officially a couple yet, and no matter how ‘couply’ things get, they were still ‘just an item and not a couple’. N was going through a 17th century courtship during the game, and then at the end, they were at the spot to be at the ‘have you found all this to your liking would you like to be an official couple y/n?’ point in that particular process.

N’s really lucky my detective for that particular route is into museums lol.

22 Likes

I must say, after reading the routes I liked them all. Mason moved Up to the top, directly followed by Adam. Felix had been a lot better than I imagined, I actually had a lot of fun in it. Nate was not that much of my thing but really nice and I liked the ending, what made the N path a lot of fun, was the facto, that this was my save with the best friendship stats with the others, these scenes we’re really special

1 Like

After book 1 my order was:

Nat
Farah
Morgan
Ava (Slow burns aren’t really my thing but it was fun.)

After book 2 it’s:

Farah
Morgan
Nat
(Haven’t yet gone through Ava’s route yet. Probably not going to do the love triangle, it was too much for me in book 1.)

2 Likes

I don’t have much to say except Mason, sir
transferir

38 Likes

Farah route was so much fun, but then it was to be expected. The girl is full of fun lol

I loved the Love Triangle, and yeah it was perfect. So hard, you almost break your neck looking at Natkins, then at Ava, then back at Natkins, then back at Ava.

Gotta say some of the stuff Ava said, totally break your heart :sob:

Natkins route was so cute and romantic, especially at the end.

And well, Ava…still butthurt…but I wait. No matter how long, eternity even! But I will get her to say them feelings even if it kill meh! :smile:

Oh and on the others characters:

-Falk : muh.

• I made Verda discover the truth, was kinda dissapointed by his reaction. You would think a scientist would be more open. This guy think he can run from the world?
    Tina was so much better on that front.

• Oh Gad, Bobby! that ass ! Nuff said :smile:

And yeah, didn’t pick Friedman…Shudder…Harold flashback lol .

Wonder if the Mayor will have a role at some point.

5 Likes

I actually don’t think my faves have changed? But I also don’t know that I actually see any of them as faves? Like…I love all of them in different ways, and really, that’s one of the things I love about this series. Exploring the differences in each route and appreciating each one for their own nuances. They all get to me in different ways and I adore exploring that. (I think this was an overcomplicated way of saying I love each RO equally. Like, every single one of them had moments that just…utterly broke me in the best way.)

1 Like

Okay, so I did play Morgan and Felix’s route now.

I wasn’t as invested in F in Book 1 as I am now, Book 2 surprised me with how into it I was. Maybe some of F’s energy flopped off onto me! That route was really heartwarming… I appreciate F more now. I love him being less experienced than the other team members, so the romance has that vibe of “young infatuation, joy & discovery before they get hurt and maybe more cautious/jaded” and I really love that. Except, both F and MC obviously have gone through shit, but are still an exciteball of adorableness, and they’re trusting and they just go for it, and I love that. My heart really wanted that.

Did M’s route, though I wasn’t really into it, because I’m not into fucking all the time, without much/obvious indication on M’s side that it could have meaning beyond being sexual and just for fun.I know it’s more serious than that without M admitting it, but didn’t really vibe with it. Then again, the MC I used for M was similarly into the casual thing, and they had seemingly casual sex like 3 times. I could try playing an MC who very much wants a romantic relationship that’s not just sex, that would be painful.

Also, Douglas :frowning: Told him at the end during the Mason run that he can only rely on himself to save him, which I personally partially agree with, and his reaction broke my heart a little. I really hope that subplot is upheld/deepened, because fuck Mayor Friedman being a nelgectful parent. The jokes of Douglas dressing up as the RO to attempt to get close to the Detective aside, he’s obviously suffering in my opinion and wants somebody to express care and affection for him in a way his parent(s) obviously haven’t done. I really hope that gets expanded on. Love and care for Douglas. <3

13 Likes

Oh, i still absolutely love them all. Would like to make that clear lol

1 Like

How do you get the Douglas scene? Never came up at all for me