The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

Please spoiler your message, specially the one concerning Morgan! There is people that hasn’t played all the routes yet <3.

2 Likes

Done did it, sorry about that, didn’t even think about it.

2 Likes

Mason has taken my number 1 heart spot bumping Adam to 2 but I must be honest: Douglas is a little biscuit I would snack on.

8 Likes

is it possible to save the ending on this game? Im using the hosted games app and it does not give me an option to do so

ALRIGHT. I finished my route with Adam. everything is spoilerish so there goes a big white spoiler tag, but before that:
I CAN ONLY SAY THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS BOOK.
THE DEMO? GOOD SHIT

THE HILARIOUS PLANT SCENE? HANDS UP IT’S NOT LIKE IT’S ALWAYS ON MY MIND A D A M GET A GRIP
THE CARNIVAL?? ALL OF IT OH GOODNESS GRACIOUS LORD HELP ME
THE FORTUNE TELLER?? SUBSCRIPTION TO PAIN HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY RENEWED
THE DENIAL OF FEELINGS?? RIGHT IN THE FEELS NEVER MORE ON POINT
THE PINNING WITH ADAM WHEN HE TAKES U HOME? SIGN ME IN
THE TRAINING SCENE??? I CHOCKED THANKS MASON also “NOT BEFORE PEELING OFF HIS TSHIRT” LIKE WOW THAT WAS SO EXTRA THANK U BLESS I FAINTED AND DIED FROM THE UST
MORE MUTUAL PINNING AND DENIAL OF FEELINGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? HELL YEAH
THE SUPERNATURAL STORY?? GOOD GOOD SHIT
UNIT ALPHA? I ALSO LIKE MUSEUMS THANK U
GETTING LOST IN THE SKEWERS? CHECK
ADAM GETTING HURT AND LOTS OF ANGST? CHECK CHECK
ALSO ADAM BEING SOFT? HOW TO SURVIVE THAT
THE LIL BITCHES ARE LIL BITCHES AND ELINOR SAVING THE DAY
FINAL SCENE? B Y E I HAVE TOO MANY FEELINGS THERE’S GOES MY HEART, I’LL SEE YOU ON BOOK THREE

bonus: mason p l e a s e

22 Likes

Guys the Wayhaven Chronicles Is trending On tumblr let’s get it to number 1 because it absolutely deserves it @Seraphinite again congratulations it is an absolute honor to be involved in the fandom of this awesome series.

5 Likes

Omg the love triangle… my heart.

it said they won’t allow that feature until book three/sequel is at least 80% completed (if I remember correctly), so not for now unfortunately.

2 Likes

Nope, as per the note at the end of Book 2, they don’t enable the save function now until the sequel is 80% done (I think to save on server space if the sequel falls through?). Book 1 was released before the change in policy, so that’s why it had saves enabled from the start.

Also, this’ll be brief because I want to write a more detailed comment later, but having played both F and M’s routes in Book 2, I absolutely adore them. Especially M’s, although having played F’s route now, I’m guessing we haven’t had the option to enter into a relationship with them because they’re still in denial over their feelings.

3 Likes

Douglas is now my son. gotta nip that hero worship in the butt but he is still my son. Mayor who?

Not a theory just a passing thought i had which I thought was kinda neat (on Masons route)

for some reason he reminds me of a berserker, like the way he was talking about the rest of the team not to worry because his “wall” is still up. like… what’d happen if that wall collapsed and his memories came flooding back…hoooo boy. either that or the more angsty option would be, he would just stop functioning due to trauma. like go utterly insane… or maybe the walls help somewhat with his hypersenses…idkI just can’t wait for more lore on the characters.

Also, Falk and the Werewolf bros are my new favorite snacks. I know they aren’t or ever will be RO’s but oh my god… A man can dream right?

14 Likes

Question about a certain part of the game!! does anyone know how high a skill check it is to find the right cave and surprise attack the trappers? I want sanja to live but I keep messing it up, thanks.

2 Likes

Looks like you’re on sugar like Cara herself😂

6 Likes

So I’ve gone through three of the routes now, or the ones I’m invested in already after Book 1. I’m very attached to these characters now, and I want to see more of them.

I was pleasantly surprised by M’s path, my concerns about the progression of that relationship with a bolder MC have been soothed, and it works so well. Similarly, I thought the romance with F was really sweet and moved at a good pace, a lot more happened there than I expected it to and it was a lot of fun. With more eager detectives their paths work really well, much better than they did in the first book, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

N’s path was nice, I liked it a lot but am surprised to say it would be my least favourite of the three at the moment, the other two really won me over. Still a ton of fun and pretty interesting aswell. Don’t want to bother with spoilers so that’s all I’ll say.

I really enjoyed this and will definitely play it more. The growing friendships with the members of the team that you don’t pursue really made me love this book that much more. I have some niggling issues of course, but for now I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this.

4 Likes

Well, I still love to hate Bobby…:sweat_smile:

This series has some of the most fun side characters.

I saved Bobby’s life and he genuinely thanked my MC in the end for it… will we befriend/turn Bobby to our side eventually, I wonder? Or will he betray us yet again and work for the big bad/anti supernaturals side… :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m so high I dont know how to get down without calling the firefighters, honestly :joy:

2 Likes

well, I’d say after he kinda tried to get into MC’s apartment to record everything happening inside, he couldn’t be any lower on my list even if he thanked me for saving his life. I want him as far away as possible; he exudes the kind of intensity that rises every red flag inside me (which was clearly shown in book 1 and book 2 demo)

6 Likes

Soooo I’ve kind of started playing through the book around 24 hours ago and haven’t stopped much except to sleep, eat, drink and piss.

I’ve only played the Nat, Adam and lesbian!LoveTriangle routes so far (in that order) and I am resolute and reaffirmed in my belief I’d totally love Nat as my real-life girlfriend. (I’ve loved all these routes, but… Nat. I imagine her as Cate Blanchett - and I know it doesn’t fit the original description - which probably plays a part in this evaluation and feeling.)

I was a bit surprised when the book ended when it did - I have the impression it didn’t have as big or dramatic of an arc as Book 1, especially comparing the biggest battle scenes of both - I guess I expected for my character to get badly hurt again lol, though I think it’s very nice we were given the option to have our RO be badly wounded. The first time that happened was with Adam, and let me tell you, that hospital scene with the Latin… my god. The feels. It was perfect. Especially because in the playthrough with Adam, MC is a rather stoic and intimidating character, around as emotionally available and self-aware as Adam himself, and that hospital scene… shook things up. Made her realise she does care and there’s the very real chance of people/loved suffering because of her (often on-the-pragmatic-side) decisions. And being confronted with the consequences of her own actions is a kick in the gut. Also, THAT LATIN!!! WAS UNEXPECTED. My god, Adam

I loved the entrance of Unit Alpha.

That scene with MC and Adam being on opposite sites on the door, leaning on it and all their extra stuff, was an intense moment of connection (and a great metaphor), delicious.

I kind of really loved Falk, especially him cupping my MC’s cheek at the end. OKAY?!?!?!?!?! CAN I SMOOCH YOU, WILL THAT BE A THING?

During the LT playthrough, my MC totally kissed Bobby and decided to have sex with Bobby (before Bobby did what Bobby does) while being hurt after eavesdropping on that one convo. Gotta love delicious chaos. I was a bit disappointed there wasn’t an option to punch Bobby after, I/my MC was really feeling it. I wonder if Bobby will at some point do something other than be a greedy, manipulative journalist/I wonder what kind of layers she has.

Also, during that LT playthrough, my MC was the rebel with morals type, pessimistic/grumpy and sarcastic but also genuine and caring, with a very bad relationship with Rebecca. I wonder if there at some point will be an option to rebel against the Agency… because that occurred to me, and I’d love to go down that path with her. MORE TENSION WOOHOO, ALSO CONSIDERING THE ROMANCE! And if the leader of the rogue supernaturals is MC’s aunt as is being speculated… Delicioussssss.

That one time where Nat took MC’s hand and put it on her collarbone… DAMN. That was unexpected and steamy.

I really wanted to comfort Verda upon him figuring out the supernatural thing (he seemed so upset/disturbed). To be honest, before I knew what ROs existed, I tried to go for a romance with him in Book 1 lol.

Also, THESE MOMENTS WERE FUCKING AMAZING.

The opportunity to imagine MC and Nat kissing while on the Ferry Wheel (or however it’s spelled) is so cheesy and such a treasure. Yeah man, they deserve that after all this stress.

Also, MC crying and putting her head on Nat’s shoulder after Sanja dying and Falk refusing to cooperate because MC really, really coudn’t bear something bad happening to Nat. (I knew rationally she would survive, but I just… decided to save her after spending some time being torn. I DIDN’T KNOW IT WOULD LEAD TO THAT OKAY. Also I wanted to look out for the team first and foremost. Call me an emotional git, it’s not a bad thing to be.) But yeah, that crying and comfort scene with Nat was really good. And her reassuring me it’s “good” to care and basically validating my emotions. THIS IS WHAT I’M HERE FOR! Nat, you’re such a treasure and gentle wonder.

@MissRagdoll YES

Now (or soon) to play F and M’s routies. Thank you for the experience so far, @Seraphinite, I’m very grateful and happy Wayhaven exists. <3

5 Likes

I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t be disappointed if we couldn’t become a supernatural of some sort in the future books. Otherwise, I’m loving it so far.

I’ve played the LT route,and I feel so guilty.I don’t think I’m ever going to be able to pick either of them.

5 Likes

Being on Android this won’t work for you, but for anyone playing on steam, you can physically storage the save files on your computer.

When you are right at the end, go to your steam folder > userdata > you will have a folder with numbers, click there > then, if you click at the top “date modified” you can set it so the most recent folder is at the top. If you haven’t played anything recently, the folder containing wayhaven save files will be at the top. Click that one, then remote and then you can copy all the files into another folder.

For example, after I finished my Mason run, I copied all the save files into a folder I have on my desktop called “WH2 Mason run” (you need to do this right before you reach the end, otherwise it will be too late.)

Then, once the saving system is implemented by HG, what I will do is replace the save files on my steam folder, after this, when I open the game, I will be taken to the last page of the game before clicking “the end.” Thanks to this I will be able to just click that and save it on the HG server.

I’m sorry if it’s a bit confusing, english is not my first language :sweat_smile:

2 Likes